Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Failed Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1527734-failed-adaptive-cruise-and-pre-collision.html)

Chevmn56 02-10-2018 08:04 AM

Failed Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision

Jumped in the rig to go to work today and after i started the truck i received a message on the dash display that Pre Collision was unavailable, huh weird so i pull out and start driving to work, its all freeway so i go to set the cruise at it says its not available. If i go to the setting in the info display for both everything is grayed out what gives any one have this issue before?

grege 02-10-2018 08:35 AM

Mine did this once to me after an ice storm we had. Did a search and saw were people said to clean off the sensor next to the license plate. I didn't do it since I knew there might have been ice on it. Next time I drove it worked fine. What was your weather like?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...available.html

Chevmn56 02-10-2018 08:49 AM

Severally clear...i looked at the sensor it was there lol and looked clean!

Spoojr 02-10-2018 09:01 AM

You'll see this mentioned a couple times on the forums. I personally have also experienced this a couple different times. Seems like all I have to do is turn it off and restart and it fixes it. It's still frustrating. Regardless of the fact it fixes after a restart, it shouldn't do it to begin with:-huh...something is obviously wrong in the software/hardware to cause it to have an error. I have a thread on here somewhere talking about the same thing.

stufarmer 02-10-2018 09:12 AM

I had the same thing happen at 600 miles. Unfortunately there were no set codes. They did an updated re-flash, that seemed to do the trick. I did think it was odd there were up-dates available when my truck was built less than a month before the failure codes.

Chevmn56 02-10-2018 10:11 AM

k well ill run for lunch in a bit and see if it starts working...

Painted Horse 02-10-2018 10:30 AM

I usually park my truck in the garage. But I left it outside one night and got those errors the next morning. By mid day when things warmed up a bit. Allw as well.

I assumed it was frost on the ACC box

Chevmn56 02-10-2018 11:28 AM

Well did a lunch run and all worked fine 37 degrees out ........dont understand how a little frost can cause this.....im leaning more toward software glitch on the load at startup????? no use going to the dealer if it isn't doing it

screwy 02-10-2018 01:12 PM

Mines done it a couple of times as well. I imagine the startup self test is pretty stringent with tight tolerances, since if it fails it could potentially cause a crash.

ERAUGrad04 02-10-2018 01:13 PM

We have an 18 350 on order, however, we also currently have a '17 F150 Platinum with the same tech. I've seen the same issue maybe twice in the past ~9 months of ownership. Both times it cleared up after restarting the vehicle.

These things have quite a few computers and they all boot up in a timed sequence. It's possible one computer boots up just a split second late while the next computer in line is looking for that first computer during it's boot/self test.

Spoojr 02-10-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by screwy (Post 17789267)
Mines done it a couple of times as well. I imagine the startup self test is pretty stringent with tight tolerances, since if it fails it could potentially cause a crash.

Screwy, that’s a good point. I never thought of that.

mtnguy 02-10-2018 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cruising down I-65 south of Birmingham with the 5th wheel close behind, I decided to get comfortable and set the adaptive cruise control.

I got this message:

Attachment 258393

Well, crap !! After trying several more times, I decided to just use regular cruise, but it would not let me get into settings while under way.

Double crap.

I stopped at the next rest area, wiped almost nothing off of the radar box, and also cut the engine off in case it needed a reset. The adaptive cruise control worked after my stop, and there were no other issues with it that day.

intofire56A 06-14-2018 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by mtnguy (Post 17789510)
Cruising down I-65 south of Birmingham with the 5th wheel close behind, I decided to get comfortable and set the adaptive cruise control.

I got this message:

Attachment 258393

Well, crap !! After trying several more times, I decided to just use regular cruise, but it would not let me get into settings while under way.

Double crap.

I stopped at the next rest area, wiped almost nothing off of the radar box, and also cut the engine off in case it needed a reset. The adaptive cruise control worked after my stop, and there were no other issues with it that day.

..you can't use it when Towing

jimmyle89 06-14-2018 12:33 AM

This usually happens to me when its cold outside <32 degrees

System 06-14-2018 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by intofire56A (Post 18035939)
..you can't use it when Towing

Sure you can. I use it while towing all the time.

OP, mine did the same since new. There is an alignment procedure that your dealer can do that will fix the issue. They did it to mine 10k miles ago and it hasn't occurred since.