Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Installed duel fueler kit now truck is ant theft locked. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1526196-installed-duel-fueler-kit-now-truck-is-ant-theft-locked.html)

bigbubba87 01-29-2018 09:16 PM

Installed duel fueler kit now truck is ant theft locked.

2007 F250 6.4 auto. H&S MINI MAX.

Last week a put larger injectors an elite diesel duel fueler kit and regulated return on a buddys truck. Got it done and when i tried to start it it turned over for 10 seconds and locked in anti theft mode. Now it will not do anything I have tried to reset the PATS system different ways i have found online and none of them work. Is there a way to completely disable the PATS system. The truck was factory dual alternator I had to removed the upper alternator to install the CP3. I just unplugged the wiring. Is there more to be done than just unhooking the harness when removing the alt. Would doing that have caused the PATS system to lock the truck. Any help is appreciated I dont know very much about the new fords.

DieselDenny 01-29-2018 10:33 PM

Only thing I can think of is the PCM or ECM isn't eyeballing the voltage from the alt harness that you removed.

Not quite sure how to rectify other than jumpers.

These things are very finicky when a body part is removed and not identified.

I'm thinkin that the primary voltage was from the one that was removed.........

Unsure, but be sure to post.

Denny
:oval

DieselDenny 01-29-2018 10:37 PM

Another afterthought, if I may.......lay the alt you removed off to the side and plug the harness in. See if it fires. Best jumper available.

:')

bigbubba87 01-30-2018 08:01 AM

I tried to re install the second alt harness and hooked it to the alt but i cannot get the truck out of PATS mode to try it. I have read that if the truck cranked and then locked out it is something engine related causing the problem.

speakerfritz 01-30-2018 09:47 AM

are you sure its a 6.4???

you said "2007 F250 6.4 auto"

bigbubba87 01-30-2018 11:09 AM

Sorry about that it is a 2008.

DieselDenny 01-31-2018 05:48 PM

Sorry, working alot.

Have you removed both negative cables for 20 minutes to set all the brains back in whatever order they should be in and try it again? Prior to any add on electronics>

Denny

bigbubba87 02-01-2018 06:58 AM

I put the factory HPFP harness back on and hooked the second alternator back up. I have let the truck sit for a day with battery's unhooked and it does not reset.

DieselDenny 02-01-2018 07:12 AM

Long shot!!!!

Do you have a keyfob? try and lock and unlock the doors with it first.

You might have to try to use a different ignition key.

My bosses exploder did this and it turned out that he had a "spare" key made that his system didn't recognize and it wouldn't start.

Like I said, Long shot.

Just trying to go with the least likely cause.

I've been searching the net, and can't find anything else to offer. Sorry

Do let us know what you conclude please. :-huh

Denny

bigbubba87 02-03-2018 12:39 PM

The key fob does nothing. There is only one set of keys for the truck. When the key is turned on the only thing that works on the truck is the radio, windows and lights. I have tried to connect with multiple scanners and none will work.

speakerfritz 02-03-2018 12:50 PM

E

Originally Posted by bigbubba87 (Post 17772891)
The key fob does nothing. There is only one set of keys for the truck. When the key is turned on the only thing that works on the truck is the radio, windows and lights. I have tried to connect with multiple scanners and none will work.

buy 2 new key fobs on amazon for 10 bucks and follow programming instructions

DieselDenny 02-11-2018 03:17 PM

Where are you at on this Bub ?