Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   upgrade NAV from 08 to 09+ (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1524629-upgrade-nav-from-08-to-09-a.html)

04ExpeditionEB 01-18-2018 01:47 PM

upgrade NAV from 08 to 09+

Navigator has full nav system. but it lacks Bluetooth and other features that are available in the newer systems. curious if its plug and play with an 09 and newer or not, understand they contain internal hd too.

Options?

Thanks
Bill

alwaysfords41 01-18-2018 09:11 PM

I believe they have to be programmed to the VIN. If you look at resellers on sites like Ebay one of the things they offer is preprogramming the unit they are going to send you so it will act like plug and play.

neilster1 01-18-2018 09:14 PM

You'll spend less money and get more features going with a current aftermarket unit and a maestro interface box..

04ExpeditionEB 01-19-2018 06:03 AM

I'm honestly looking to keep the Stock look and interfaces functional. the system has all that i want except for the bluetooth ability. i spend a ton of time in the car daily so being able to connect up is a must. and the aux input is not a clear signal, nor is it digital. so sounds are very off at different volume lvls. I am honestly interested in knowing if i can put the newer(nav with HD,BT and HDRadio) in my truck , are the wires the same, will all options work if programmed correctly or will i need a lot of additional modifications to make it work. ? thats what im really looking for.
Thanks

04ExpeditionEB 01-19-2018 06:17 AM

UPDATE... I have viewed the images for a 2008(mine) and a 2009 + unit. there are an additional slot for harness connection that I do not have so I guess im stuck with aftermarket or Dealership package upgrade for sync module. 550$ from what i've seen. i dont know what the upgrade lincoln has for it but i hope it offers the additional functions i was looking for.
Thanks

neilster1 01-19-2018 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 04ExpeditionEB (Post 17736624)
I'm honestly looking to keep the Stock look and interfaces functional. the system has all that i want except for the bluetooth ability. i spend a ton of time in the car daily so being able to connect up is a must. and the aux input is not a clear signal, nor is it digital. so sounds are very off at different volume lvls. I am honestly interested in knowing if i can put the newer(nav with HD,BT and HDRadio) in my truck , are the wires the same, will all options work if programmed correctly or will i need a lot of additional modifications to make it work. ? thats what im really looking for.
Thanks

There's an interface module, the iDatalink Maestro that retains pretty much everything. Steering wheel interface, sync interfaces and sources if you have sync.. the whole ball of wax. in fact, the Maestro gave me more than I had before in the way of OBD code reading, per-wheel TPMS display, electronic gauge display. I'm using that module and a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. Now I have android auto.. well worth it just for that.