Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Important GTG July 28, 2018 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1524597-important-gtg-july-28-2018-a.html)

Toyman 01-18-2018 08:30 AM

Important GTG July 28, 2018

Heroes on the Dunes is a charity event that was started about 4 years ago. Basically this was set up to honor our wounded veterans, we bring them up, pay for the gas to get there. Give them and their family a day on the dunes including lunch and dinner, along with rides in many of the baddest sand toys out there.

The event is 100% charity. always looking for volunteers to help. Need drivers and vehicles to bring people to the sand, bring tables and stuff out to the beach and set up tents and tables etc. Also need people to help in the parking lots to keep the flow of things moving, this is where I have been. Last year was the only year that I missed, but I am making arrangements to be there this year and am already signed up to volunteer.

Lets make a nice FTE Michigan Chapter presence and get a group of volunteers out there to help in this event.

Here is a little video of the first one that we did.

Here is a link to the facebook page to sign up to help.
Facebook Post

If you have any questions and/or want to help out we can try and get campsites together or at least try and set up something in the Silver Lake area on Sunday so we can just hang out and play for a bit before we have to head back. If it gets big enough I may bring the boat up and we can play on the water too.

Date is July 28th, would have to be up there very early to volunteer.

Post up below who all can make it and I will put a list together. I can even help you make contact with the correct people to get your name on the lists for volunteering. They also look for sponsors if anyone wants to help with a charitable contribution.

Looking forward to having a good FTE turn out for this event.

Thanks guys!!

Chad149 01-18-2018 04:49 PM

For those camping I'm planning on getting sites at the state park when the date is opened up later this month. If we get a firm number by then Ill grab the needed sites. :-drink
I will look into some of the other camps in the area, but my hunch is they will be filled up already. :-X16

Capital Customs 01-18-2018 05:14 PM

help gtg.

if all goes well with my medical issues I would like to help. been off work since may,2017 . I am a vet and anything I can do I will.

Fordman96 01-18-2018 05:37 PM

That would be pretty cool to attend. However, I would have to try base my leave around it, and being 6 months out, I can't guarantee anything with the way stuff changes here so rapidly.

Currently in Cali training to go freeze in Alaska.

GJueck 01-18-2018 05:39 PM

I'm wintering in Casa Grande AZ. This is the first time I've been to this site in years.
Still have my 2011 f-250 diesel with 224240 smooth riding miles on it. What a truck!!
I'll be watching this to see where it goes.

TheBigBee 01-19-2018 06:52 AM

I am in the same boat as Rich. We have volunteered every year except for last as I was on a plane coming back from our my Houston facility. Rich is usually a pretty good parking lot guide and I am usually the bathroom shuttle leader. I may be interested again this year but will all depend on if I can get the white truck up and running as I dont know what other vehicle I will have if I end up having to sell the 150 and I am still trying to get the sand out of the excursion from the first year.

Toyman 01-19-2018 06:58 AM

Just an excuse to get more sand in the Excursion Andrew.

Any and all help is welcome if you can. Just being there to watch is pretty incredible in itself.

Toyman 01-19-2018 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Capital Customs (Post 17735650)
if all goes well with my medical issues I would like to help. been off work since may,2017 . I am a vet and anything I can do I will.

Hey Tim, good to see you're still lurking around. Hope you are feeling better by then.

DocMSavage 01-20-2018 09:42 AM

volunteer

I am sending dates to my wife to verify if we are free! As a military family, we like to support these types of events.

Doc

Toyman 01-20-2018 09:52 AM

Right on that's awesome!

Chad149 01-24-2018 10:39 PM

I poked around on bookface Rich, is there a specific spot to sign up? I messaged then earlier in the week, but haven't heard back yet....:-X16

Toyman 01-25-2018 06:50 AM

On either of the pages. Tyler is running/heading up the whole event, he is the man behind the link I posted. So if you want to do anything other than help in the parking lot that is where to go. I will try and message you or tag you in the link to see if that gets you anywhere. I would also be safe to guess that if you posted in the page someone would jump in right away to help.

I know the parking lot crew is a separate page, my buddy Jim Martino is heading up that group.

Chad149 01-31-2018 09:23 PM

Alrighty guys, I've been calling around, and campsites are already getting scarce. I can't imagine hotels are any different. I'd advise anybody even thinking about going reserving something right quick, and take the lick if you have to cancel. :'(

Toyman 02-01-2018 06:54 AM

Better safe than sorry. I am set up at a member only spot that some friends are at and can get me in the for the weekend. Now I just need to find something to stay in.

Toyman 02-01-2018 09:45 AM

And the place to stay problem is solved, now jus to get it to the house and get it ready to go. LOL