Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   2009 f150 no start after rear end collision (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1523819-2009-f150-no-start-after-rear-end-collision.html)

Robbe1 01-12-2018 04:28 PM

2009 f150 no start after rear end collision

New here. Was rear ended and truck had died after impact. Now won't start. Been towed to 3 different places. No fire to fuel pump, or fuel pump driver module. PATS is confirmed functional. It cranks but will not fire. Fuse 27 already replaced/relocated. All fuses are good. If starting fluid is sprayed in, it will fire right up. Then of course dies. Could use advice.

Dale D 01-12-2018 07:08 PM

I'm pretty new to Ford trucks, I am not 100% sure but in a Ford car that I had an accident in years ago the same thing happened. It was the inertia switch that shuts off the fuel supply in the event of a collision. It has a reset button and on my car was located behind the passenger side interior kick pannel. The owners bookl may give the location.

Sportscape 01-12-2018 07:14 PM

Try this. https://enginepartsdiagram.com/2009-...eset-location/

Robbe1 01-12-2018 07:20 PM

Thank you for your advice. Ford eliminated the physical reset switch for model years 2009-2014. The reset according to the manual is to turn the key off then on then try to start. It didn't work.

Siberexpress 01-12-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robbe1 (Post 17721633)
Thank you for your advice. Ford eliminated the physical reset switch for model years 2009-2014. The reset according to the manual is to turn the key off then on then try to start. It didn't work.

Actually it was still in use until 2010 according to the link Sportscape put up, but check the fuse holder itself, it burns and the fuse is still good and just wont make contact.

Robbe1 01-12-2018 09:26 PM

Thank you for that insight. I had that problem a year ago. Had fuse moved to another larger slot that could accommodate the heat. This was a Ford sanctioned relocation kit.

projectSHO89 01-13-2018 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Siberexpress (Post 17721887)
Actually it was still in use until 2010 according to the link Sportscape put up,....

Not on the F150. It was gone for the 2009 MY production. The equivalent function is performed by a signal (Event Notification Signal - ENS) from the RCM to the FPCM that will disable the fuel pump.

Need to pull fault codes from both the PCM and the RCM to see what the logic states are being detected as. It's always possible that, given it was a rear end collision, that there is wiring damage.

Did any of the SRS features (airbags, seat belt pretensioners, etc) deploy in the accident?

Robbe1 01-13-2018 09:16 AM

The bed is off. Does not appear to be any wiring damage anywhere. The fuel driver module is intact. There is an open fault code going to the fuel pump. That is the only code that shows up when scanned. There is no signal going to the fuel driver module. I am thinking there's some kind of reset to the PCM RCM, but this garage down here doesn't seem very sharp.

projectSHO89 01-13-2018 10:00 AM

What is the actual fault code? Did they run the RCM self-test?

but this garage down here doesn't seem very sharp
It may behoove you to find a shop (or the dealer) who is experienced in collision repair of late model Fords, like the local Ford dealer or a shop they recommend if they outsource collision repair.

Robbe1 01-13-2018 10:08 AM

This IS the Outsource experts in the area. Reeves Automotive, Baxley Georgia to be specific. And I believe Stewart told me the code was p0627. I can't confirm that right now, since they don't work on Saturdays or Sundays or a whole bunch of different hours during the week either. This is insurance claim, this is the third garage it's been two so far.

projectSHO89 01-13-2018 02:44 PM

In that case, it's the insurance company's problem.

Good luck!

Robbe1 01-14-2018 02:28 PM

Actually, it's not that simple. The insurance company is trying to total it, against my wishes. I believe if the no start situation isn't resolved in the next few days, then they will total it. The long and short of it is I'm not prepared for a new car payment.
Since none of the airbags deployed or seat belt tensioners, I am leaning towards the #8 relay or RCM or fuel pump driver module or fuel pump. I'm baffled that the PATS system and SRS system indicators flash normal during attempted start. That is, they go out after a few seconds. Could the RCM cause a no-start even if nothing deployed? I will follow up if the resident "expert" is in tomorrow at the local shop it's at.
Side note: this happened to me 807 miles from home, so I'm kinda at their mercy.

Robbe1 01-28-2018 08:07 AM

Finally, the garage figured it out. Fuel pump and sending unit were broken inside the tank from the impact. They installed a new one and voila! Started right up. Now if the body shop would just hurry up!!!

Dale D 01-30-2018 08:45 PM

Thanks for posting and following up with the solution to the problem!
that's what makes these forums so useful.
Glad you might now get your truck back on the road
Cheers!
Dale.