Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Ford Parts or Other Supplier? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1518880-ford-parts-or-other-supplier.html)

pmillen 12-06-2017 10:01 PM

Ford Parts or Other Supplier?

https://kx8u3q-ch3301.files.1drv.com...&cropmode=none
I have a new 2018 King Ranch F150. I've tinted the front seat windows, had it undercoated, had the bed lined and installed a nice tonneau. I have mud flaps, window deflectors and floor liners on my Christmas list.

My other trucks were equipped with WeatherTech aftermarket parts but the dealership tells me that Ford parts are available. What mud flaps would you buy; Ford, WeatherTech no-drill or some other brand? How about the other items?

shortride 12-07-2017 04:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't particularly like mud flaps but if were going to install a set it would the Ford brand. Great looking 2018 KR by the way. I just traded for a 2018 F-150 Platinum FX4 and love it.

pmillen 12-07-2017 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by shortride (Post 17639463)
I don't particularly like mud flaps but if were going to install a set it would the Ford brand.

I've grown accustomed to the mud flap look​​​​. They're practical here in Nebraska to reduce the gravel and salt/snow accumulation on the body. Wouldn't they be equally useful in ​​​Oklahoma?

Why the Ford brand? What's the advantage?

Re: Your truck. The F150 body contours look great in white. Easy to keep clean.

ecoboost12 12-07-2017 10:17 AM

Mud Flaps

Hi,
Very nice looking King Ranch I've always purchases WeatherTech no drill
I don't think the Ford mud flaps are no drill. I just purchased a Fine 2018 XLT that I'm going to put the WeatherTech on.

mroberts8899 12-07-2017 01:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ford mud flaps ARE "No Drill" also. The rear flaps have a bracket on the inside to keep the flaps from bending back.
Flaps have been the same since 2015 on the F150. Just depends on with or without factory wheel lip moldings. I didn't have to take the wheels off to install them either.

pmillen 12-07-2017 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by shortride (Post 17639463)
I don't particularly like mud flaps but if were going to install a set it would the Ford brand.

I replied earlier, short ride, but obviously made some error as I don't see it here.

I asked why you would prefer the Ford mud flaps. Also, what's your opinion on the window deflectors and floor liners, WeatherTech, Ford or another?

I've grown accustomed to mud flaps as they're common in Nebraska for reducing the rocker panel damage caused by gravel and salty snow. Wouldn't Oklahoma be much the same?

Terryd91 12-07-2017 02:24 PM

I have weathertech's, no complaints but they do add a bit of air noise. Not as much as tow mirrors but it's noticeable.

mroberts8899 12-07-2017 02:58 PM

We sell Weathertech at our shop so I can only compare them to Ford.

Ford over Weathertech on vent shades. Weathertech's go in the window channel and when I tried to roll up the windows they either caught on the window and broke or the make the weatherstrip look distorted. Problem with the Ford ones is that they attach to the paint and some do not like that. I went with the Ford ones which are a lot thicker(stronger??)also.

Mud flaps--both would seem to work fine. Both are "NO Drill"

Bug deflector(hood shield). Both are good. I prefer the aeroskin style which is taped down flat to the hood. Added this in case you were interested.

Floor liners----Weathertech are a little better. They are slightly taller on the sides then the Ford ones. But the Ford ones are less expensive which is surprising.

1 Alibi 2 12-08-2017 07:39 AM

Ford for the mud flaps, WeatherTech for deflectors & floor mats..

shortride 12-08-2017 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by pmillen (Post 17640850)
I replied earlier, shortride, but obviously made some error as I don't see it here.

I asked why you would prefer the Ford mud flaps. Also, what's your opinion on the window deflectors and floor liners, WeatherTech, Ford or another?

I've grown accustomed to mud flaps as they're common in Nebraska for reducing the rocker panel damage caused by gravel and salty snow. Wouldn't Oklahoma be much the same?

I've always been an OEM (Ford brand) kind of a guy. I've had too many issue over the years with aftermarket accessories.