Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Anyone having problem with the new trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1518858-anyone-having-problem-with-the-new-trucks.html)

DSLTRK60 12-07-2017 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by loggerkev (Post 17639291)
No buy back program in Canada I have looked at legal actions with very little options I can take. Yea its a lemon alright we have a few other loggers around running these trucks with no issues. Believe the main computer is causing allot of it since when they looked into it half of the programming was missing. We are gonna Take it to PG Motors in Prince Gorge B.C Next. Will take it out tomorrow again and see how it does. It would be great if we had better lemon laws. my last f150 that was a lemon ford exchanged the truck for another since then I had 4 other new ford trucks no issues.

About CAMVAP - CAMVAP

IDK if you've heard about this, but worth visiting.

tony m 6.7 12-07-2017 09:47 AM

Mine has been great so far, 6k miles in 3 mos, the only issue I had was a rear sway bar clunk. I had the factory parts installed by my dealer and the tech put the frame to link brackets on backwards. Quick fix.

stewy604 12-07-2017 09:48 AM

Did you buy the truck from PG Motors? If so, you'd think as the selling dealer they'd be willing to work with you a little better. Next bet I guess would be to try another dealer, closest to you would be Cariboo Ford in Quesnel. If it was me, I'd be trading out of it, even it means taking a hit.

johnso 12-07-2017 10:52 AM

8800 miles so far, not one issue, none

Tricon 12-07-2017 11:43 AM

8000 on mine, not a single problem. This has been the best truck I've ever bought on initial quality. Similar to my Tundra, which is amazing since Toyota is known for amazing reliability.

WyoBull 12-07-2017 12:10 PM

You damn sure got a lemon. Zero issues with my truck so far after 8000 miles.

loggerkev 12-07-2017 03:08 PM

Found out today there no programming in the computer for the adaptive steering. I'm guessing this is whats causing the most of the problems. When the engine had problems they discovered the same thing in the computer hopefully they will just put in a new computer and no more problems (might still only be a dream of no more problems) https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...614d403436.jpg

loggerkev 12-07-2017 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by stewy604 (Post 17640076)
Did you buy the truck from PG Motors? If so, you'd think as the selling dealer they'd be willing to work with you a little better. Next bet I guess would be to try another dealer, closest to you would be Cariboo Ford in Quesnel. If it was me, I'd be trading out of it, even it means taking a hit.

Truck was purchased from Cariboo Ford in Quesnel
gonna try PG motors next there mechanics seem allot more knowledgeable

loggerkev 12-07-2017 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DSLTRK60 (Post 17639963)
About CAMVAP - CAMVAP

IDK if you've heard about this, but worth visiting.

I will try them again last time got a big run around them it was said that Ford them self was the issue and not the dealer and there was nothing they could do.

lotsofords 12-07-2017 05:24 PM

I am up to 21,000 miles. 6.7. So far I have had 2 huge problems. A RR inner tire pressure sensor and a LF tire valve core.
And for my driving, my fuel consumption has improved about 10%
Great truck

dustin cri 12-07-2017 05:46 PM

so far not bad but my rear doors keep staying locked when its cold out.... have to leave in garage for a couple days to dry out about. broken battert clamp

DRKBC 12-07-2017 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dustin cri (Post 17641428)
so far not bad but my rear doors keep staying locked when its cold out.... have to leave in garage for a couple days to dry out about. broken battert clamp

I had the opposite of this, doors opened but the passenger door wouldn't shut after they opened. I played with the lock and was surprised to see the internals for the door locks are plastic rather than metal, they honestly don't look to super duty. Anyway ... the passenger door lock wouldn't engage, so I had to drive in with my passenger holding the door back from flying open for the trip to work, not too safe. I kept trying the automatic locks and about half way there it engaged and my passenger was able to safely let go of the door.

I sprayed all the locks with WD 40 in hopes that it would wick whatever moisture was in there - out. So far so good, it wasn't so much the door freezing up as much as how cheap the locking mechanism looked.

Speaking to the OP that is unfortunate. Traveling off road in BC and Alberta can be very hard on equipment and I am sure your industry also takes its toll on vehicles. Ford bills these trucks as up for the task so I hope the dealer gets it figured out for you and it was just a random thing. You wonder in your world if you wouldn't be better with a sparse amount of options, just less to go wrong.

Really though for me I have had very few problems with this truck other than the odd strange behavior of some of the electronic gizmos: auto wipers going crazy, engine brake sticking in a gear anyway they all subsided so I guess time will tell.

ncl 12-07-2017 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by DRKBC (Post 17641475)
I had the opposite of this, doors opened but the passenger door wouldn't shut after they opened. I played with the lock and was surprised to see the internals for the door locks are plastic rather than metal, they honestly don't look to super duty. Anyway ... the passenger door lock wouldn't engage, so I had to drive in with my passenger holding the door back from flying open for the trip to work, not too safe. I kept trying the automatic locks and about half way there it engaged and my passenger was able to safely let go of the door.

I sprayed all the locks with WD 40 in hopes that it would wick whatever moisture was in there - out. So far so good, it wasn't so much the door freezing up as much as how cheap the locking mechanism looked.

Speaking to the OP that is unfortunate. Traveling off road in BC and Alberta can be very hard on equipment and I am sure your industry also takes its toll on vehicles. Ford bills these trucks as up for the task so I hope the dealer gets it figured out for you and it was just a random thing. You wonder in your world if you wouldn't be better with a sparse amount of options, just less to go wrong.

Really though for me I have had very few problems with this truck other than the odd strange behavior of some of the electronic gizmos: auto wipers going crazy, engine brake sticking in a gear anyway they all subsided so I guess time will tell.

There is a recall for the doors not latching. Fyi

DRKBC 12-07-2017 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ncl (Post 17641583)
There is a recall for the doors not latching. Fyi

Thank you! I didn’t know that.

mikemorales 12-08-2017 12:09 AM

just had one issue with mine. some seem on the front passenger door let water in and that caused a short that killed the top cabin lights in the truck. Took right under 3 weeks for repairs but all is well again.