Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Anyone having problem with the new trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1518858-anyone-having-problem-with-the-new-trucks.html)

loggerkev 12-06-2017 06:45 PM

Anyone having problem with the new trucks

Hello
I joined recently in hopes to find answers.
Hears my experiences so far
2017 F350 Lariat 6.2 gas ccsb
-8 steering failures
-3 engine problems
-bad paint job
-worse customer services have delt with
I will explain in brief as possible owned truck for 2.5 months was only derivable for 14 days so far major problems with steering twice the steering wheel 90 degree from center 2 power steering pumps went one gear box stripped dealer had no knowledge with the adaptive steering and accused me of lyeing . Ford customer services is the worst I have ever delt with. No loaner truck wile it was down causing a loss of $10,000 in wages and lost my job over it.
Every time the truck has failed in the bush ether heading to logging block or hunting. Paint is a poor quality seems like not enough prep was done peeling bad. Last it took 8 weeks but everything from steering wheel to gear box was replaced just got it back and still has problems. Was informed that a spring on the adaptive steering in the steering wheel had a spring snap that caused the most of the problem. The part that makes me the most mad is we bought 2 trucks in one week from Caribou Ford hear in Quesnel B.C worth $140,000 and the way I got treated by both dealer and ford customer service. The motor has blown black smoke like a diesel 3 times now dont believe that normal for a gas it is gutless as well. Now faced with decision of cutting loss buying a Chevy or a Dodge over this.
Anyone else experiencing problems when using there super duty like a truck.

DSLTRK60 12-06-2017 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by loggerkev (Post 17638785)
Hello
I joined recently in hopes to find answers.
Hears my experiences so far
2017 F350 Lariat 6.2 gas ccsb
-8 steering failures
-3 engine problems
-bad paint job
-worse customer services have delt with
I will explain in brief as possible owned truck for 2.5 months was only derivable for 14 days so far major problems with steering twice the steering wheel 90 degree from center 2 power steering pumps went one gear box stripped dealer had no knowledge with the adaptive steering and accused me of lyeing . Ford customer services is the worst I have ever delt with. No loaner truck wile it was down causing a loss of $10,000 in wages and lost my job over it.
Every time the truck has failed in the bush ether heading to logging block or hunting. Paint is a poor quality seems like not enough prep was done peeling bad. Last it took 8 weeks but everything from steering wheel to gear box was replaced just got it back and still has problems. Was informed that a spring on the adaptive steering in the steering wheel had a spring snap that caused the most of the problem. The part that makes me the most mad is we bought 2 trucks in one week from Caribou Ford hear in Quesnel B.C worth $140,000 and the way I got treated by both dealer and ford customer service. The motor has blown black smoke like a diesel 3 times now dont believe that normal for a gas it is gutless as well. Now faced with decision of cutting loss buying a Chevy or a Dodge over this.
Anyone else experiencing problems when using there super duty like a truck.

Lol you got a lemon.:-X18

Nary an issue with almost the same exact powertrain as you with my truck. Whether you get a RAM GM or another Ford, the probability you will have this severe of issue again is nil.

Does Canada have a buyback program? Sounds like your lemon easily qualifies.

I can tell you for sure your truck is an anomaly, the vast majority probably close to 99% have no significant issues with these trucks.

First Dually 12-06-2017 09:28 PM

Customer services can vary greatly dealer to dealer...but in the grand scheme of things, Chevy/Ram/Ford customer service is pretty similar.

I'd try another dealer if possible.

keith86 12-06-2017 09:34 PM

My situation is not as bad as yours but I have a 2 month old ccsb 6.2l with a engine idle noise that the dealer can't figure out. It sounds fine idling but every 4-5mins it starts making a loud clicking noise for about 30-45 seconds then it goes back to normal. My dealer has changed all tensioner's and pulleys and wants to tear down the engine now to figure it out. But I'm on the fence and don't want a brand new truck that has had engine work done. This is my first ford since 2005 and starting to wish I'd kept my 2015 Chevrolet.

Remmy 12-06-2017 09:42 PM

Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)

Omega Man 12-06-2017 09:54 PM

Mine has been great, sorry to hear you're having these problems. It's been my observation that most people have an overwhelmingly positive experience with the 6.2.

River Wild 12-06-2017 10:04 PM

6200mi and no issues. 6.2 runs great and pulls hard. I don't have a lot of fancy stuff on mine for a reason. Great truck.

CBEllis 12-06-2017 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Remmy (Post 17639175)
Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)

...agreed. Smells fishy to me...

loggerkev 12-06-2017 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by DSLTRK60 (Post 17639115)
Lol you got a lemon.:-X18

Nary an issue with almost the same exact powertrain as you with my truck. Whether you get a RAM GM or another Ford, the probability you will have this severe of issue again is nil.

Does Canada have a buyback program? Sounds like your lemon easily qualifies.

I can tell you for sure your truck is an anomaly, the vast majority probably close to 99% have no significant issues with these trucks.

No buy back program in Canada I have looked at legal actions with very little options I can take. Yea its a lemon alright we have a few other loggers around running these trucks with no issues. Believe the main computer is causing allot of it since when they looked into it half of the programming was missing. We are gonna Take it to PG Motors in Prince Gorge B.C Next. Will take it out tomorrow again and see how it does. It would be great if we had better lemon laws. my last f150 that was a lemon ford exchanged the truck for another since then I had 4 other new ford trucks no issues.

T diesel 12-07-2017 04:57 AM

I'd trade it back to the selling dealer and try to get a deal.
I'd take the hit. Life's too short.

George C 12-07-2017 05:25 AM

Smells like a dealer who you should never visit again.

ExDakotaOwner 12-07-2017 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by First Dually (Post 17639151)
Customer services can vary greatly dealer to dealer...but in the grand scheme of things, Chevy/Ram/Ford customer service is pretty similar.

I'd try another dealer if possible.

This. I drive 20 mins to another county to a different Ford dealership when theres one a few miles from me. World of difference in dealerships.

HouseMouse 12-07-2017 06:41 AM

Mine has been bullet-proof. Suspect a troll post also......

triniexr 12-07-2017 08:37 AM

You can try taking them to small claims court or contacting CAMVAP which is an arbitrator.

Agreement For Arbitration - CAMVAP

zelinadc 12-07-2017 08:53 AM

Wow! I have a CC Premium XLT - zero issues at nearly 10k. Seems very odd the computer was not fully programmed AND it left the factory that way.... I cant believe Ford doesn't check the software install before it leaves the factory. Something is not right here...