Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   New to me 2012 Limited 4wd how many miles on yours? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1514991-new-to-me-2012-limited-4wd-how-many-miles-on-yours.html)

ElmiraF350 11-07-2017 06:49 PM

New to me 2012 Limited 4wd how many miles on yours?

Hello

I haven't been active in these forums for a few years...we are a Ford family having owned 3 Excursions, F350 Superduty, a couple of F250 Superduty's, a fusion and a 2014 Explorer and now a 2012 Expedition.

I've been driving my wife nuts in my truck search for over a month. F150's or expeditions. Looked at several of each. It's tough to find a decent one that has the right combination of mileage and maintenance, history and price.

We stopped by at the Local Lincoln dealer to look at a 2006 F150 xlt super crew. 167k miles. 9800. It was decent but I saw the 2012 Expedition limited, moonroof, navigation, headrest dvds etc. on the front line, so I went to look at it. They had put it out the day before. It wasn't even online yet. 205k miles 1 owner salesman, local, clean carfax and all maintenance history from day 1 was done at the Lincolns sister Ford dealership across the street. $9800 It still books for 14k and there are several throughout the US that are listed for about that much. It was obvious that it was taken care of. We drove it and bought it. I've owned high mileage newer vehicle before and I will keep on with the maintenance schedule.

My gut feeling was that it was a good one and I'll be posting on the forum my experience with this truck. My plan is to pay myself back with interest in 3 years and get something else.. It's had the recalls done, the last one the lead frame...at 155k. Time will tell...

How many miles on yours? How much did it cost to get there??

theshyguy 11-08-2017 09:39 AM

We bought our 2012 XLT Expedition in 2014 for $31K with I want to say 42k miles on it. Now has 106,665 miles. I just changed the spark plugs about 2 months ago. Only other thing Ive done is new Monroe shocks and springs all around. We are actually about to sell it because its just too much money sitting in the driveway or my wifes work parking lot getting door dings.

ElmiraF350 11-08-2017 06:05 PM

Thanks for the response. That's good it's been reliable and ya makes sense to sell if its mostly sitting. Good luck with the sale.

Richard

Big 11-15-2017 07:31 PM

We bought our 2010 Expy Ltd on July 4th 2015 with 109,845 on the clock. We just paid it off Friday, actually. Ours was from a construction superintendent for a highway company. When we bought it, the passenger seat didn't look like it had been sat in.

Anyway, other than $850 for tires we have put $1,337.50 on it. Mostly oil changes. We were kinda dumb (in hind sight) and bought an aftermarket warranty and the warranty required oil changes every 3,000 miles. The only other major expenses we had were - idler pully and belt tensioner, water pump gasket, and a bad connector and gasket in our transmission. Those three cost me $416 and only the transmission repair was covered under warranty. I replaced the spark plugs myself about 10k miles ago. No biggie there.

Our seat heater module is out on the driver side. I see those on eBay for under a hundy but I understand that your friendly Ford dealer has to program the module to your VIN. So even if you replace it yourself, you're still in for a trip to the dealer. We also have the stupid corrosion on the tailgate around the license plate. I bought some touch up paint and am going to just do a little sanding and touch it up myself.

Oh, we have just over 166k on the clock now. We're on the fence about keeping it because we just don't need such a big truck anymore but I love the darn thing too much to give it away. We'll go a few months without any payments (which I'm actually still making those payments - just to my savings account) and see how the winter shakes out for us.

Good luck with your new truck.

Big 11-15-2017 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ElmiraF350 (Post 17576023)
Hello

I haven't been active in these forums for a few years...we are a Ford family having owned 3 Excursions, F350 Superduty, a couple of F250 Superduty's, a fusion and a 2014 Explorer and now a 2012 Expedition.

I was going through all the Fords I've owned after I read your post...

'91 F150 Lariat
'97 Expedition Eddy Bauer
2000 F250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4
2003 F350 6.0L Crew Cab Single Rear wheel 4x4 (LOVED that truck
'05 Expedition Limited
'10 Expy Ltd

[it's getting a little dusty in here, isn't it??]

ElmiraF350 12-02-2017 06:32 PM

Sounds like you've had your fair share of good trucks. It's a nice feeling to have one paid off and get some use out of it, why not? It's paid for and if its been reliable, it probably will continue too, for the most part.

I've been driving mine back and forth to FL and have 210k on it now. When I bought it the check 4wd light would come on in 4wd low but would engage and work fine. I got it in writing that they would fix that. They had said, probably nothing serious since it went through the shop easily.. They installed a new transfer case control module and it still had the code. They told me there was something binding in the transfer case and installed a brand new one! I'm surprised they didn't try a shift motor first (maybe they did and didn't tell me). I was thankful they stood by their word and took care of it. I had also asked them to program the DRL to on and offered to pay for it. They had never done that before for anyone. We picked it up and they had enabled them and didn't charge us.
This is at a Lincoln store where the truck was serviced its whole life. We will most likely start taking our Explorer there too.

Happy Holidays!

forgottenben 12-18-2017 05:53 AM

delete pleases