Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   2017 F250 6.7 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1512982-2017-f250-6-7-super-duty.html)

cason1207 10-23-2017 04:59 PM

2017 F250 6.7 Super Duty

I recently had an issue with my 2017 F250 of having water in the fuel. I had it towed into the shop to be repaired. The entire fuel system had to be replaced $6800. When we picked the truck up, we asked about the water in fuel indicator not doing its job and letting us know that their was water in the fuel. The response was that the water was not in the tank long enough for the light to come on. My wife responded "So it was in there long enough to damage the whole fuel system but not long enough to cause the indicator light to come on". Has anyone else have this issue? And if so, I would like to hear of your situation and what you were told.

Thank you,
Chris

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...2965a74528.png

madsen203 10-23-2017 05:02 PM

Did this cost out of pocket or covered under warranty?

cason1207 10-23-2017 05:06 PM

Was told "Not under warranty because it was caused by an outside contaminated source (aka water)". Had to claim it on my comprehensive of my insurance.

Ricohman 10-23-2017 05:22 PM

Won't be covered under any warranty.
The fuel stations insurance should foot this bill. If you got water there are bound to be others.
Is your truck stock? Do you use fuel additives?

madsen203 10-23-2017 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ricohman (Post 17544531)
Won't be covered under any warranty.
The fuel stations insurance should foot this bill. If you got water there are bound to be others.

How would you go about suing a fuel station? This seems like a HUGE hassle.

OP: How many miles did you have on your existing fuel filters?

Does your auto insurance cover this as it's mechanical related or can you claim it's "vandalism" or something similar? Would your insurance company seek damages against the fuel station?

cficare 10-23-2017 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by madsen203 (Post 17544534)

If you have the fuel receipt, just call the station. They should give you a number for filing a claim ... and I bet you won't be the first claimant. Their insurance (or fuel deliverer's insurance) covers this type of mishap.

Originally Posted by cason1207 (Post 17544503)
Had to claim it on my comprehensive of my insurance.

Your insurance company should've told you to call the station.

Ricohman 10-23-2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by madsen203 (Post 17544534)

OP: How many miles did you have on your existing fuel filters?

Does your auto insurance cover this as it's mechanical related or can you claim it's "vandalism" or something similar? Would your insurance company seek damages against the fuel station?

Who said sue? Why not just give them a phone call?
This has been done successfully many times. Usually the company has already started a claim with their insurance. Because they have others claiming damage.

cason1207 10-23-2017 05:32 PM

Was easy with my insurance because I didn't have a receipt. Insurance they would cover it under my comprehensive coverage whether it was fuel contamination or vandalism. Truck is less than 6 months old with being serviced twice. It has about 10k miles roughly. No fuel additives have been used.

cficare 10-23-2017 05:39 PM

Since fuel pumps are almost the only place I use my debit card, I ALWAYS get a receipt ... even if I have to walk in and get the cashier to print one for me. I jot down my odometer & hours readings on the receipt and update my fuel records at home when I record the debit in my checkbook. Been doing that for years before buying a diesel.

madsen203 10-23-2017 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by cficare (Post 17544541)
If you have the fuel receipt, just call the station. They should give you a number for filing a claim ... and I bet you won't be the first claimant. Their insurance (or fuel deliverer's insurance) covers this type of mishap.

How many people keep the receipts after fueling? Subscribed for the outcome.

cficare 10-23-2017 06:10 PM

You only need to keep the last one. But that sounds like a good subject for a separate poll thread. BTW, I have all my diesel receipts ... all 3 of 'em.

tibadoe 10-23-2017 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by madsen203 (Post 17544626)
How many people keep the receipts after fueling? Subscribed for the outcome.

I charge all my fuel purchases and keep all receipts for about 2 - 3 months.

magiaone 10-23-2017 06:18 PM

As a new diesel owner I have started keeping the last receipt as CYA. There is a recent thread where someone got the gas station to pay because the delivery driver dumped 500 Gallons of unleaded in the diesel tanks. I would always start with where I got my fueled like others have said and insurance would be the last place I would go.

A debit transaction on your checking statement is all you would need to prove. They can cross reference that transaction number with the pumps.

It maybe covered by Comp, I can pretty much assure you your premium will go up for next year though.

cason1207 10-23-2017 07:34 PM

Thanks for the replies. I really just wanted to know if anyone ever had trouble with the warning light not coming on to alert you before it damages the fuel system. FYI with Allstate your premium does not go up because of a claim on comprehensive.

Paw's 150 Lariat 10-23-2017 07:41 PM

I've always kept my receipt just in case something like that would happen. I also try to buy my fuel at the same location if possible.