Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Lifting my 6.2 please help (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1511024-lifting-my-6-2-please-help.html)

Dbstrawbridge7 10-08-2017 08:30 PM

Lifting my 6.2 please help

Hey everyone. I have a 2013 f250 6.2 and I am looking at lifting it.
I have found 2 kits by rough country that I like and that are in my price range. They are the 6 inch radius arm lift and the 6 inch 4 link system.
The only problem is on the their website it says they won't fit the gas engine....
Does anyone know why that would be? I figured we have the same suspension as the 6.7's....
Thanks In advanced.

acadianbob 10-09-2017 06:47 AM

The best help I can give you is this; don't lift it.

Worse handling, fuel mileage, performance, braking, etc.

Randy_270 10-09-2017 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by acadianbob (Post 17514412)

You really hit the nail on the head with that answer lol.

Op, they will physically fit your truck but the front will ride rough because the springs are designed for a diesel engine. Not only that, due to the gas engine having an exhaust pipe running down the drivers side, you may have to modify your exhaust or your drive shaft will hit it. If you want a cheap lift for a gas engine, look at Zone Offroad. Very close in price to Rough Country, but they make front springs for gas engines, AND their base kit comes with a track bar replacement, no drop brackets!

Ron94150 10-09-2017 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by acadianbob

Gaw..... you sure are boring.

Randy is correct, when your dealing with lift coil springs, it is important to find a kit designed for a gas engine. For smaller lifts, using coil spacers, the kits are identical. I'm running a 3.5" readylift spacer kit(which says for diesels only), and with the trac bar drop bracket, I had no issues with my front drive shaft rubbing the drivers side catalytic converter. If you do have rubbing issues, the solution is simple, and most exhaust shops can fix it very cheap if you cant do it yourself. Simply cut the bracket where the two down pipes come together, use a ratchet strap to pull the drivers side over just a hair and reweld the bracket. No big deal. The zone kits that Randy mentioned are a very good kit. I looked it hard, but choose the 3.5" so I could still barely fit in my car wash. I rub the clearance sign if I hit the brakes to hard, it's that close.

Chuck's First Ford 10-09-2017 10:50 AM

Sorry,

I do not see the point to spend good money to make a piece of equipment "LESS useful"

and also make the equipment worth less money in the future.
personally I would never buy an altered truck

your money, your truck. have Fun.

but if its a weekend only "Fun" truck... go for it.

Ron94150 10-09-2017 11:30 AM

How is my truck less useful chuck?

Every dealer you go to around here has lifted trucks on the lots, they sell like hot cakes, and bring the same or better money. There is a difference in red neck hack jobs and a properly lifted truck.

Randy_270 10-09-2017 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ron94150 (Post 17515139)
How is my truck less useful chuck?

Every dealer you go to around here has lifted trucks on the lots, they sell like hot cakes, and bring the same or better money. There is a difference in red neck hack jobs and a properly lifted truck.

Some people just are old school, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Bruce Kerr 10-09-2017 02:37 PM

I put a BDS 4" kit on my '17 6.2L. They have a kit for the 6.2, although I'm not sure for previous year models. And I know some will have a hard time believing this, but my truck handles better than before. That's steering and suspension.

Fuel mileage...meh. I've only got one life to live.

Sir Kayakalot 10-09-2017 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Kerr (Post 17515582)
I put a BDS 4" kit on my '17 6.2L. They have a kit for the 6.2, although I'm not sure for previous year models. And I know some will have a hard time believing this, but my truck handles better than before. That's steering and suspension.

Same here. 14 F350 with 6" Zone lift. Without a doubt it rides and handles better than it did stock. Fuel mileage worse? Duh. Of course it is. BIG FRICKIN DEAL. Most of the nay-Sayers are too fat to crawl up in my truck and only have experience with hack job lifts like body lifts and mismatched parts. That's fine. Keep driving your 4x4 beast to Walmart and posting pics on Facebook of it on a gravel road. Ok rant over

Ron94150 10-09-2017 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Kerr

Every truck I've ever lifted has handled better. The wider wheels and tires combined with some offset, counteracts any ill effects of a high center of gravity.

Chuck's First Ford 10-09-2017 05:05 PM

deleted.

yes OLD School...and 4 years of mechanical engineering. from a long time ago. low center of gravity still matters.

Ron94150 10-09-2017 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck's First Ford
deleted.

yes OLD School...and 4 years of mechanical engineering. from a long time ago. low center of gravity still matters.

With that logic of thinking, a f250 is a better tow rig than a f350.

Omega Man 10-10-2017 04:47 AM

Are you going to get a set of 20" Bro rims to? Everybody needs a set of Fuels.

Chuck's First Ford 10-10-2017 05:00 AM

I am done here..

opinion are not allowed.. and then insults...

education , to be made a joke..
4 years of mechanical engineering,,, AMA and SCCA licenses... what do you have for education ???

next sports cars will have 40's... and

Ron94150 10-10-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck's First Ford
I am done here..

opinion are not allowed.. and then insults...

education , to be made a joke..
4 years of mechanical engineering,,, AMA and SCCA licenses... what do you have for education ???

next sports cars will have 40's... and

Don't get your feeling hurt chuck.....

You can post ALL over this forum very bluntly, with a dry personality.......

AND that's ok...

But someone doesn't agree with your comment or questions you....

OH BOO-HOO......

You know there are a lot of us on here with lifted trucks. This is an "enthusiast" forum. Some of have dropped a lot of money into our trucks to modify them correctly. I could have skimped out for some d-rated tires, and skipped re gearing. But it was important to me to still be able to hook up to my travel trailer or the bobcat and be able to pull it wherever. You say "less useful", lets see you, take your truck up some of these mountain fire roads.

As far as my education, I've provided just fine for my family with a high school education. I attended U.T, for 3 weeks, and dropped out because I hated it. A lot of what they call "snowflakes" these days I guess. A different breed of people were I didn't fit in. Not saying you are one, but there are plenty of educated idiots. There's plenty of people at my work that have 2 and 4 year degrees. The fact is, they have no idea what they are doing when they walk in here, until that get some real life experience under their belt. Last time I checked, no school teaches you how to rebuild a melting furnace, Run a K.T. Grant machine, or dig utilities.

What does any of this have to do with lifting a 6.2?

And Omega man, did you say something?