Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Wife and neighbors approval (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1506363-wife-and-neighbors-approval.html)

pweng1 09-04-2017 11:49 PM

Wife and neighbors approval

My wife shocks me today with asking me if we can build a big two story garage to build cars and trucks in at my mothers house. ( i already have a garage at mine,) Then she informs me she would like her truck finished. I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but why the change? My female neighbor who used to say "are you still working on that junk truck" asked me. Are you going to put your "antique truck" in a show? HUH? Ok i get it now. I just added some shiny paint over the primer and now i'm a truck builder. Me and my sons shaped metal,welded, sandblasted and grind without any interest from the female population until now. I even heard my wife and sister in law talking about finding a dress that matches the color when they ride in it. Will someone explain this to me

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...e2fd9b04a8.jpg

It does look better than that rotted cowl i started with.

EBEAR 09-05-2017 12:41 AM

A fellow is owed a wish from a genie he wants a hiway to Hawaii the genie says no way too obvious , so the guy say well then just explain women to me . The genie replies 2 lanes or 4 .

FortyNiner 09-05-2017 04:41 AM

There are people who can see possibilities despite rust and condition. Others, without the same ability to visualize, need to 'see' it about done before they can understand.

In your case, build the garage and don't ask too many questions.

GreatNorthWoods 09-05-2017 06:25 AM

When it comes to women there is no explanation! :-X21

bobj49f2 09-05-2017 07:17 AM

My wife never showed any interest in my truck hobby. Never lifted a finger to help but once it was all shiny lane like to ride around in, she kind of regards it as our "Go to special places" vehicle. I guess they just like them shiny. Good thing I don't like rat rods, she'd never ride in it.

49f3dls 09-05-2017 08:56 AM

My wife talks like crazy, gives me directions and tells me too slow down no matter what speed I'm going in the every day car. She barely says a word in the beast. I love driving the beast.

firstrider 09-05-2017 01:40 PM

DO NOT QUESTION IT !! Go with the flow . My wife did the same thing . No interest until they were done . Now she has a wardrobe to match the trucks As do I and now that we have the 20 " enclosed trailer & '04 Ram 2500 w/ tow package ( can you say AC ? ) going to & returning from distant car shows is much more enjoyable . No complaints here

cowdog86 09-05-2017 02:29 PM

That will work until the see the cost of it. Then they will throw it at the fan. I wouldnt bank on that as the "GO Code".

49willard 09-05-2017 02:49 PM

Laying on the final color is probably less than 1/10th of 1 % of the effort in a build.

Harrier 09-05-2017 02:55 PM

Explain women!! Did you forget wear a respirator while painting?
Shut up, don't ask questions and run with it.

My wife has shown no interest and has said on more than one occasion "I didn't marry a mechanic." It's all about smell to her.
Although she did admit she was proud of me on my trip to Branson in the truck.
She has never ridden in it and this is her grandpa's truck.
She doesn't complain if I'm out working on it though. But boy, if I'm driving it and get it back in the garage and close the door, I sure hear it. Leave the garage door open and put a fan on to get any gas smell out.

49f3dls 09-05-2017 03:58 PM

We all have are trials and tribulations. I wouldn't trade my wife in on any model. 47 years and hopefully a lot more to come. I just wish for a little quite time sometimes. I'll never try to figure her or any other woman out.

53 tonner 09-05-2017 09:40 PM

I guess I'm living in a different world. My wife has worked with me on restoring the truck all the way through from stripping it down, cleaning up parts and putting it back together. Actually, I couldn't have done it without her. I just have one hand & that wasn't so much of a problem when taking things apart, but putting things together took at least two and many times all three of our hands. As far as figuring women out, that's a whole different matter. One of the surprises I got was when my wife suggested putting some of the parts in the dishwasher.

Grant