Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   2012 psd no dash power,no crank. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1504272-2012-psd-no-dash-power-no-crank.html)

Cobrajet1967 08-20-2017 06:12 PM

2012 psd no dash power,no crank.

Stopped at the store,came out, started truck,ran for two seconds,shut off, hasn't run since,had no codes,or any other issues.
I have checked all the fuses,breakers,main power supply off of passenger battery,still nothing,
I have head and taillights,power points on dash,dome lights,chime for headlights.
79674 miles.HELP!

onequicksportster 08-20-2017 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cobrajet1967 (Post 17410119)
Stopped at the store,came out, started truck,ran for two seconds,shut off, hasn't run since,had no codes,or any other issues.
I have checked all the fuses,breakers,main power supply off of passenger battery,still nothing,
I have head and taillights,power points on dash,dome lights,chime for headlights.
79674 miles.HELP!

Did you by chance use the parking brake? Could be the wire bundle down by the parking brake came loose.....

Cobrajet1967 08-20-2017 08:09 PM

No,I didn't use the parking brake,is there that much tied to that bundle? I have seen the issues on older trucks in some posts. I will give it a look,kinda need this truck for labor day weekend,any help is appreciated.

Cobrajet1967 08-20-2017 08:19 PM

Checked the wiring associated with the parking brake, didn't see anything unusual or hanging loose on that or the bundle above it.

onequicksportster 08-20-2017 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cobrajet1967 (Post 17410406)
No,I didn't use the parking brake,is there that much tied to that bundle? I have seen the issues on older trucks in some posts. I will give it a look,kinda need this truck for labor day weekend,any help is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure there is a connection that comes loose in that area.. At least if memory serves me correct, it seems I have read about it here somewhere..

Cobrajet1967 08-21-2017 11:21 AM

Could the inertia switch cause these problems?
I'm thinking it just shut off the fuel.

Cobrajet1967 08-26-2017 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cobrajet1967 (Post 17411975)
Could the inertia switch cause these problems?
I'm thinking it just shut off the fuel.

Update
A large stereo equipment installer in town installed a drop-down dvd player in my truck,the wire came down the driver's side pillar,under the dash at the emergency brake release handle and into a fuse holder,and then tied into the ignition in the steering column.
The wire was rubbed through at the e brake handle,shorting the ignition fuse for the truck, instead of the player fuse which was over amped at 30 amps,needless to say,it wasn't the trucks fault,but had to have numerous, computers and modules re flashed.
So watch your aftermarket wiring,whether you did it or a professional.
They are paying for the damages.Thsnks to all for the help