Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   True Suspension Level for a 6.2L (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1492773-true-suspension-level-for-a-6-2l.html)

MadeInDade 05-31-2017 01:38 AM

True Suspension Level for a 6.2L

So I'm still six months to a year away from ordering my new Super Duty. After tons of internal debate and struggle, I've decided that the 6.2L is the better option for me. That said, I'm am one to always do tons of research and buy the best of everything. So it's no different when it comes to my future truck which is why I've been reading everything I can from you guys for the past few months.

I was really set on going with a Carli 2.5" level system with Fox or King Shocks, but I changed my mind from the 6.7L PSD to the 6.2L gasser and Carli doesn't make any products for the gassers.

I then found Filthy Motorsports and they seem to have some really nice custom tuned King Coilovers and shocks for the 6.2L. My truck will spend 95% of its time on the street and I'm mostly looking for a better on-road ride with a little off-road capability (light trails, camping, hunting). I like that you can customize your ride height with the coilovers, but I don't think I need coilovers and shocks for what I'll be doing with the truck. So I've been thinking about replacing the stock ford coils with some taller ones to give me a 1.5" - 2.5" lift in the front and then pair them with some 2.5 King Shocks. The problem is, I can't find anyone selling high quality linear rate coils that give that slight lift up front. All the levels I'm find for the gassers are just spacers/blocks. Does anyone know of a top notch company that sells new coils that will give me a 1.5" to 2.5" lift up front?

Also while on the subject, any recommendations for softening the ride with the rear suspension? I plan on doing King Shocks in the rear too, but am open to replacing the rear leaf springs if it's needed. I'm not worried about losing a little towing/hauling capability if I can gain significant ride quality. It seems like Carli is the best place to go for everything if you have a 6.7, but looks like I will be stuck piecing the best products together from different sources for the 6.2L.

Bruce Kerr 05-31-2017 08:53 PM

What are your thoughts on BDS? They have 6.2 options.

Scratch that, their 1" and 2" are spacers.

MadeInDade 05-31-2017 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Kerr (Post 17230558)
What are your thoughts on BDS? They have 6.2 options.

Scratch that, their 1" and 2" are spacers.

Yeah same with Wicked.

OR2BAJA 06-01-2017 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by MadeInDade (Post 17228332)
So I'm still six months to a year away from ordering my new Super Duty. After tons of internal debate and struggle, I've decided that the 6.2L is the better option for me. That said, I'm am one to always do tons of research and buy the best of everything. So it's no different when it comes to my future truck which is why I've been reading everything I can from you guys for the past few months.

I was really set on going with a Carli 2.5" level system with Fox or King Shocks, but I changed my mind from the 6.7L PSD to the 6.2L gasser and Carli doesn't make any products for the gassers.

I then found Filthy Motorsports and they seem to have some really nice custom tuned King Coilovers and shocks for the 6.2L. My truck will spend 95% of its time on the street and I'm mostly looking for a better on-road ride with a little off-road capability (light trails, camping, hunting). I like that you can customize your ride height with the coilovers, but I don't think I need coilovers and shocks for what I'll be doing with the truck. So I've been thinking about replacing the stock ford coils with some taller ones to give me a 1.5" - 2.5" lift in the front and then pair them with some 2.5 King Shocks. The problem is, I can't find anyone selling high quality linear rate coils that give that slight lift up front. All the levels I'm find for the gassers are just spacers/blocks. Does anyone know of a top notch company that sells new coils that will give me a 1.5" to 2.5" lift up front?

Also while on the subject, any recommendations for softening the ride with the rear suspension? I plan on doing King Shocks in the rear too, but am open to replacing the rear leaf springs if it's needed. I'm not worried about losing a little towing/hauling capability if I can gain significant ride quality. It seems like Carli is the best place to go for everything if you have a 6.7, but looks like I will be stuck piecing the best products together from different sources for the 6.2L.

If you are a squeaky wheel and are local in socal I bet you could convince Carli to work on something. I would like to get a high mileage 6.2l super cab, short bed work truck here in the future and make it my Baja rig essentially recreating what my out going dodge is. Pull the motor, rebuild it and make a cool project out of it.

OR2BAJA 06-01-2017 12:44 AM

In regards to the rear...

If I were you I would call Carli and order either the leaf pack or see when the full deaver leaf will be available. With a Carli Deaver setup, you retain most of the load capability but benefit from the combo the leafs and shock combo.

Another option is to pull some leafs from your stock setup.

I would look at the Carli radius arm as another upgrade. You are missing front coils and shock valuing, everything else is or will be available.

MadeInDade 06-02-2017 03:10 AM

Just an update:

I found some 1.5" leveling coils from Rough Country. They create a 1.5" lift for the diesels, so maybe it'll give a 2.5" lift on the gassers. So far they are the smallest lifiting coils I've found though I would like to find something higher quality than Rough Country.

1.5in Leveling Coil Springs Lift Kit for 05-17 Ford 4wd F-250 / F-350 Super Duty [9285] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Rebel 84 06-18-2017 08:23 PM

So what happened?

MadeInDade 06-18-2017 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by OR2BAJA (Post 17231114)
If you are a squeaky wheel and are local in socal I bet you could convince Carli to work on something.

I live in South Florida, far from SoCal. And I reached out to Carli a couple months ago about 6.2L options, but I got no response.

Originally Posted by Rebel 84 (Post 17269580)
So what happened?

Nothing. I have yet to find a solution, but I'm still searching.

Hackenbush 06-19-2017 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MadeInDade (Post 17233787)
Just an update:

I found some 1.5" leveling coils from Rough Country. They create a 1.5" lift for the diesels, so maybe it'll give a 2.5" lift on the gassers. So far they are the smallest lifiting coils I've found though I would like to find something higher quality than Rough Country.

1.5in Leveling Coil Springs Lift Kit for 05-17 Ford 4wd F-250 / F-350 Super Duty [9285] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Nothing wrong with the RC 1 1/2" Coils for the 6.2 they raise it 1 1/2" I have them on a couple 2017's 6.2 trucks.

windellmc 06-19-2017 08:01 AM

I bet OEM coils off a diesel would work. The question is which PN? My gasser is pretty level from the factory with the camper package though.

Rebel 84 06-19-2017 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Hackenbush (Post 17270133)
Nothing wrong with the RC 1 1/2" Coils for the 6.2 they raise it 1 1/2" I have them on a couple 2017's 6.2 trucks.

Pretty level then?

snelldawg 06-19-2017 12:44 PM

Bilstein makes a BTS level kit for the last generation of SD's. Coil over shock kit. Raises the front by 2 inches. I know the front shocks are the same for 2016 and 2017 models, but I don't know if this kit would work or not on a 2017.

Hackenbush 06-19-2017 12:48 PM

About 1" of rake and I have the snow plow package.

MadeInDade 06-19-2017 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by windellmc (Post 17270339)
I bet OEM coils off a diesel would work. The question is which PN? My gasser is pretty level from the factory with the camper package though.

I’m trying to find better coils than OEM for a better ride. I’m looking for linear rate coils instead of the progressive rate OEM coils. But I’ll keep this on the back burner as back-up option.

Originally Posted by snelldawg (Post 17271092)
Bilstein makes a BTS level kit for the last generation of SD's. Coil over shock kit. Raises the front by 2 inches. I know the front shocks are the same for 2016 and 2017 models, but I don't know if this kit would work or not on a 2017.

I know I can do Coilovers. If I do them, I’m going top of the line King 2.5 remote coilovers with King 2.5 remote shocks. But I’m looking at $4k in shocks and coilovers and I don’t think I need all of that for my 95% on-road application. That’s why I’m looking for just the lifted coils and pair them with nice king shocks. But so far the King Coilovers and shocks are the best option I’ve found so they are my first option right now.

MEBE 06-19-2017 02:46 PM

Skyjacker has 2" lift coils for gas and diesel, using the diesel springs on the gas engine truck gives a 2.5" lift apparently