Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   May 2017 chat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1488450-may-2017-chat.html)

hturner12 05-01-2017 06:08 AM

May 2017 chat

Spring/summer is here. We are all busy on our projects. Either been are thinking about our getaways.

ChiefM 05-02-2017 12:29 PM

One small trip down now just counting the weeks till the big vacation.

Today is my last day in Calhoun, moving back to Austell !!! It was nice being a little closer to home but would rather be in Austell.

ChiefM 05-02-2017 07:13 PM

Catching up on mowing and weedeating. The front down by the road doesn't look like we own an abandoned property anymore.

Sunday it was real windy at the beach so everyone sleep in, except me. While they were sleeping I downloaded some music to my Ipad. When we got in the Hummer to come home I played it. The first started out as ding ding, caution the doors are closing and welcome to the Walt Disney World monorail system. My wife said oh my god are you kidding me? Then I played a loop of the main street music. She thinks I am insane.

hturner12 05-02-2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 17161232)
Catching up on mowing and weedeating. The front down by the road doesn't look like we own an abandoned property anymore.

She thinks I am insane.

OR does she know you are. Lexie stopped thinking that along time ago ,now she tells me I am crazy.

Had the portable sawmill at the land today. 80 1x 6 x16 for fence rails $240.today.

ChiefM 05-03-2017 03:27 AM

She knows I am but she lives with it.
That's a good deal for that much wood.

I got little man some Mickey Mouse croc's from the outlet store at Pier Park and he loves them. I also added 2 more magnets to the vacation magnet collection on the refrigerator.

hturner12 05-03-2017 05:09 PM

Lexie l8ves with my crazy stuff too,
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ea3179e32b.jpg

ChiefM 05-04-2017 06:46 PM

The wind knocked down limbs all over my property so looks like I have a little work to do over the weekend. Oh Joy.... not.

SkySkiJason 05-04-2017 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 17163697)
Lexie l8ves with my crazy stuff too,
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ea3179e32b.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4c29d7fb1.jpeg

I need a saw mill!!!

hturner12 05-04-2017 08:16 PM

What kind of wood

hturner12 05-04-2017 08:25 PM

https://woodmizer.com/us/Services/Find-a-Local-Sawyer

Your in box is full

A new full hydraulic mill runs about 25k

Big_Texxan 05-04-2017 10:05 PM

I got to finish the 96 into the 88 swap tomorrow. both 5.0. 88 is getting the front end conversion too since we have a bronco shell/frame/parts all seperate. lol. bronco frame is under a 55 f100 atm.

hturner12 05-05-2017 01:51 AM

Sound l8ke cool builds

ChiefM 05-05-2017 07:35 PM

TGIF !!
What a week and I ended it with a bang. I was mounting a blade on a new bulldozer. I had one of the tilt cylinders chained down to the frame so I could install the other side/ normal way to do it. I had it chained too far away from the machine and ended up bending the cylinder, I mean really bending it bad. I had to tell my boss, don't think they will fire me but I hate looking like an idiot. I have done probibly 10 machines with no problems.

Most of tomorrow is shot having to take the mother in-law to the airport so she can go visit one of her other daughters.

hturner12 05-05-2017 08:36 PM

Put that in the stuff happens column.

I only go to the airport if it is absolutely the only way.

hturner12 05-06-2017 08:05 PM

I love it when idiots create work. Went back out to the land to unstuck and restack all the lumber. They idiot I took with me , between trespassing on my neighbors land and whatever else just stacked it how he wanted to not the way it needed to be

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4657134b9d.jpg

Wrong way

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...905d051c32.jpg

Right way

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...bdc57a61f7.jpg

ChiefM 05-07-2017 05:59 AM

Looks better all nice and neat.
I got some of the limbs and stuff cleaned up around the property from the winds the other day. Was going to start early today and work on it some more but a very good combat buddy is having his change of command today as he gets ready to retire.

hturner12 05-07-2017 07:38 AM

Change of Command on the weekend? Must be a UTA for the Guard

IB Tim 05-07-2017 02:36 PM

Hello everyone...who's watching Talladega?

hturner12 05-07-2017 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by IB Tim (Post 17172749)
Hello everyone...who's watching Talladega?

Me at home

ChiefM 05-07-2017 06:14 PM

Yes he is in the Guard.
I forgot the Talladega race was today.. dang it. We got back later than I had planned so I got a real late start around the house today. Had to do some fence repair on the lower pasture and did manage to got most of the limbs picked up.

hturner12 05-07-2017 06:15 PM

9ne big wreck. Chase got airborne on the wall

SkySkiJason 05-08-2017 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 17166708)
What kind of wood

Red oak and poplar in this pile. A friend who does tree work dropped these at the shop while he figures out what to do with them. It might all end up firewood....

hturner12 05-08-2017 11:39 AM

F8nd a sawmill operator that will bring his mill out a cut them for lumber. Air drying 8s a year per 8nch of thickness

ChiefM 05-08-2017 05:49 PM

I have class this week, better then working but hate doing classes. I have been classed out over the years.

Talked to the wife and talked her into leaving for Orlando a day earlier than we were planning. The plan now is to leave the Friday afternoon and to just drive till we are tired and find a place to crash for the night. I like this better than getting up and heading out early Saturday morning and driving straight thru. I figure I can make it a majority of the way.

hturner12 05-08-2017 06:06 PM

That what we did last year on our cruise. Left the day before drove to Ocala spent the night ,got up and droveven down to Miami . You may check and see if Moddy AFB has space A for one night

Big_Texxan 05-08-2017 08:34 PM

so my drinking has gotten immensly better. went from 15 or more a night, from 6 pm or later till 11pm (give yall idea on timeframe) to 2 or 3. ****. I lost a huge amount of weight in this past month. Man I feel good too.

hturner12 05-08-2017 08:36 PM

Great keep up the effort

Big_Texxan 05-08-2017 08:41 PM

im trying too. alcohol is the biggest issue, with others following, which ive been doing alright with

hturner12 05-08-2017 09:31 PM

Going to sound hard but if there is none around less temptation. Tell your freinds what you are trying to do, if they can not support you make new friends that can

ChiefM 05-09-2017 03:32 AM

That's good Jacob, keep it up.

I want to make it as far down into Florida as I can. I would like to make it to Gainesville/ Ocala area at least. That's about 2 hours from Orlando and my old high school stomping grounds is not far from there.

hturner12 05-09-2017 04:10 AM

I thought Ocala was about an hour from Orlando. We stayed at the Howard Johnsons in Ocala. It right next to 75. You know the swamp is on fire. Last night they were saying it could beasily Nov before they get it out.

ChiefM 05-09-2017 05:29 AM

I saw the news this morning and the fire seems to be more towards Jacksonville so it hopefully wont impact us. I will be excited about being on vacation so I will try to make it as far south as we can. I can let the wife sleep in on Saturday and then just cruise down. I want to try and get to the hotel on International drive late morning and then chill out by the water park the rest of the day. Will more than likely go to Disney Springs late Saturday afternoon or early evening and eat dinner and shop. We were at Disney Springs a few years ago but they have done a complete make over since then.

hturner12 05-09-2017 06:15 AM

Alot of hotels now charge for early checking. For the cruise in Oct I leaning more toward flying down vs driving. Lexie''s back does not do well on long trips

ChiefM 05-09-2017 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 17176876)
We stayed at the Howard Johnsons in Ocala.

I was looking at that same hotel last night. Reasonable rates, good reviews, close to the highway, free wifi and breakfast !! I figure if we can get on the highway before noon I can make it there at a reasonable time and not have to really push it.

I was also looking to having some snacks delivered to the room via amazon prime. I have a feeling the back of the Hummer is going to be packed down with luggage.

My wife still thinks I am planning way too far out. I told her September will be here a lot faster than you think.

hturner12 05-09-2017 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 17176989)
I was looking at that same hotel last night. Reasonable rates, good reviews, close to the highway, free wifi and breakfast !! I figure if we can get on the highway before noon I can make it there at a reasonable time and not have to really push it.

I was also looking to having some snacks delivered to the room via amazon prime. I have a feeling the back of the Hummer is going to be packed down with luggage.

My wife still thinks I am planning way too far out. I told her September will be here a lot faster than you think.

We got a room with the jetted tub Lexie never used it. They were renovating last year. The pool and spa are nice there is a c store in front.
look up aunt Fannies it is about 6 miles away good food reasonable lots of food. Open 24 hours.

ChiefM 05-09-2017 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 17176977)
Alot of hotels now charge for early checking.

I already called the hotel and if our room is not ready they will give us towels and a pass to get into the water park. Then they will text us when the room is ready. That's cool with me since I just wanted the kids to enjoy the water park. They have a zero entrance pool under a big canopy so my little man can play too.

Here is a link to the hotel: https://www.cocokeyorlando.com/

I can do early check in at Disney, online 30 days early. I am going to ask for 8 or 9 am check and close to the front. I want to get checked in, settled and rested up for our park visits staring the next day. We have lunch reservations at the T-Rex café for that Sunday afternoon. We can just take the free Disney shuttle from the hotel to Disney Springs.

hturner12 05-09-2017 03:41 PM

That cool. I am already looking at our shore excursions for Oct. Waiting on commentsome fr9m B-I-L/S-I-L. If I don't hear from them by this weekend, I am go8ng ahead and make the resevations.

There are 3 other ships in Cozemel the same time we are.

yankbs 66f100 05-09-2017 07:49 PM

Been off for about a week or so. I am now exhausted catching up with you guys. Jacob, slow and steady wins the race in this situation, and keeping the right people around that will support you.

Hugh, good luck with milling the lumber. You will get great satisfaction once you move in knowing where things came from.

Chief, with all the planning that you have, and are doing, you will need the vacation to recuperate.

My excitement for the last week, ordered the carport for the truck. Yippee!

hturner12 05-09-2017 08:00 PM

The next milling project will be the oak for the floors and then the final one will be pine for the interior walls. Have not decided on counter tops yet. Planning a cruise or trip is easy compared to a house.
I am already looking at shore excursions for our cruise in OCT. Our on board dinning and entertainment is done. Booked the Howard Johnsons in Ocala for the Thursday before and 5he Super 8 in Ft Lauderdale the Friday before we leave on Saturday. Have not got to post cruise

ChiefM 05-10-2017 03:22 AM

Bob,
I'm a planner, I can't help it.
It talked with a High School buddy yesterday that lives down there and I have not seen in about 15 years. We made plans on getting together when we come down there. I bought an armored case and a tempered glass cover for the Ipad to make it little man proof. We have some Mickey Mouse clubhouse saved on it and hope he will watch it while we are walking around or waiting in line. Just getting little things here and there that we can use on our trip. I want to get the best bang for our money but don't want to burn the family out either. The wife doesn't want to book a room for the Friday we leave out, just wants to go till we call it quits and find something where ever we are at.