Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2019 - 2023 Ranger (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum292/)
-   -   10 Ways Ford Could Screw up the New Ranger (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1486335-10-ways-ford-could-screw-up-the-new-ranger.html)

Curated Content Editor 04-17-2017 01:27 PM

10 Ways Ford Could Screw up the New Ranger

10 Ways Ford Could Screw up the New Ranger
By Jeffrey Smith

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...89e472c887.jpg

80broncoman 04-17-2017 09:36 PM

I disagree on if its a 2 door it would ruin it. At the least make to where you could order one as a 2 door.
Say goodbye to fleet sales if there is no 2 door. Just like they did when they quit building rangers here in the states. THe local auto parts stores near me started buying Nissan frontiers and Nissan small minivans for parts delivery.

AND I completely agree on using good quality parts.

My father bought a 08 Ranger (4.0L) and in 60K miles it has gone though 3 Ford OEM replacement water pumps!!
This buying of cheap crap parts from CHINA has to STOP!! This was his 4th ranger he bought (the other 3 were NEW 1983, 1990, and 2001) and he is NOT a happy customer.

Red2003XLT 04-18-2017 11:14 AM

Must have a 2 doors, I do love the newer standard cabs. Keep the half doors but leave the 4 door to the Bronco crowd.

Pgh Rebel 04-18-2017 02:16 PM

I agree on keeping it low-tech. The biggest thing that bothers me about newer vehicles is all the tech stuff that inflates the price, panders to the stupid people who can't drive, and prevents the vehicle from being very reliable.
Also, keep it affordable. Not everyone wants a Platinum edition with a $75,000 price tag! I think Ford has forgotten about the rest of us who just want an affordable vehicle without all the frilly stuff. :-X09

Tedster9 04-18-2017 02:40 PM

No way around it, federal regulations require those air bags, anti-lock brakes, all kinds of stuff.

Power windows could go away, those are more or less silly. Air conditioning isn't necessary in some places.

Pgh Rebel 04-18-2017 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tedster9 (Post 17124442)
No way around it, federal regulations require those air bags, anti-lock brakes, all kinds of stuff.

Power windows could go away, those are more or less silly. Air conditioning isn't necessary in some places.

I've thought for a long time that we could do without a lot of the federal regs. That's what keeps prices inflated, and prevents vehicles from being simple. I'm also including the EPA fuel economy requirements known as the CAFE regulations. One or two airbags is fine and might be necessary. Vehicles are safer today than my first truck back in 1986, no doubt. But why do we need airbags inside the seats?:-huh Why does in-car Bluetooth need to be required? Because people are too dumb to put their phone down while driving!

Tom 04-19-2017 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel (Post 17125262)
One or two airbags is fine and might be necessary. Vehicles are safer today than my first truck back in 1986, no doubt. But why do we need airbags inside the seats?:-huh Why does in-car Bluetooth need to be required? Because people are too dumb to put their phone down while driving!

Side airbags mounted inside the seats save lives every day. Being hit from the side is the most dangerous type of hit because there's so little between you and the vehicle that hits you. Seat-mounted and curtain airbags are the biggest reason side-impacts have gotten more survivable in recent years.

Is Bluetooth a new requirement? I don't think it is, but I wouldn't buy a new car or truck without it. I can't imagine it costs much to include, you can get an aftermarket setup that plugs into an auxiliary input for around $15.

bbf385 04-19-2017 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel (Post 17124393)
I agree on keeping it low-tech.

Those days are gone and never to return.

Frdtrkrul 04-21-2017 01:00 PM

2 door is fine especially for those who don't have a garage to park in or they do but it's really short. Agree that it should get at least 20mpg and higher on gas and mid 30s with ano oil burner. Manual transmission would be nice across all engines and with 4wd and not make it an only 2wd option. It should be a compact truck, like the way it left back in 2011 but more capable. Should have 2 door, extended cab split door and 4 full door options.

GOOSEBOY78 04-28-2017 05:12 PM

heres the facts: it will be availible in 2,4 and extra cab. will have all the safety stuff. where i live we already have the rangers

yes you can have the bare bones poverty pack if you want, 2wd and 4wd are availible manual or auto. engine is the 3.7 diesel shared with the transit. no word on the petrol options yet. if you are gagging to see one take a trip to mexico. they already have them.

wheelerfreak 04-29-2017 04:47 PM

What I really want in the new ranger is for it to be a true mini truck and not a midsize. Seems like all the midsize trucks have all the cost and MPG's of a 1/2 ton, and 7/8's the size. I've had two rangers and still have my Toyota mini truck, for many of my daily uses including commuting that is all I need. If I need more I can use my F150 or 250.

True frame, extended cab, 4x4 and a 6' bed would be perfect for me. I can deal with all the mandated safety items, just don't price it at the same level as a 1/2 ton.

GOOSEBOY78 04-29-2017 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by wheelerfreak (Post 17153254)
What I really want in the new ranger is for it to be a true mini truck and not a midsize. Seems like all the midsize trucks have all the cost and MPG's of a 1/2 ton, and 7/8's the size. I've had two rangers and still have my Toyota mini truck, for many of my daily uses including commuting that is all I need. If I need more I can use my F150 or 250.

True frame, extended cab, 4x4 and a 6' bed would be perfect for me. I can deal with all the mandated safety items, just don't price it at the same level as a 1/2 ton.

its a midsize. sorry to burst your bubble. its diesel only in all variations there is talk of using the 2.3 ecoboost for petrol option.
all of your options are avalible: not sure about the 6 inch bed.

wheelerfreak 04-29-2017 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by GOOSEBOY78 (Post 17153273)
: not sure about the 6 inch bed.

I never mentioned a six inch bed? :-huh

I guess Ford can count me out as a potential buyer if they go midsize.

smlford 05-14-2017 05:44 PM

Front wheel drive??

Are you fn kidding me?? This author is a moron....

parkwood60 05-14-2017 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by smlford (Post 17189977)
Front wheel drive??

Are you fn kidding me?? This author is a moron....

So are you saying making it front wheel drive won't ruin it? Or are you saying the idea of any front wheel drive Ford truck is moronic? Because the FWD Ford Courier is hugely popular in a lot of world markets, like central and south America until 2013, and the Bantam in South Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C...a-based_models
They certainly could cut down a Transit Connect and get a capable if very small truck.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...238ff7caca.jpg