Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   b30 in 2010 6.4L biofuel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1483515-b30-in-2010-6-4l-biofuel.html)

speakerfritz 03-30-2017 03:34 PM

b30 in 2010 6.4L biofuel

since I revived my truck from the dead...I have the additude to try anything...so I been running b30 and the truck has not blown up yet. I consider this a 3 season fuel and try to keep the bio level low during the winter.

I get past all the filter changes from the crude in the tank and I got past all the extra regens from the biofuel cleaning out the combustion and exhuast system.

if it blows up, I will update.

genscripter 03-31-2017 07:45 PM

I wouldn't risk a truck that new to bioD. Did you replace all the seals?

speakerfritz 04-01-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by genscripter (Post 17078919)
I wouldn't risk a truck that new to bioD. Did you replace all the seals?

what seals might that be?

08 and later have high pressure fuel systems. stainless steel lines from end to end. fuel raul is steel. all lines have stainless steel connectors with no orings.

injector has a crush washer

the only non metalic seals that I know of are the orings for the fuel filter caps and the gasket at the top of the gas tank at the plate, and a gasket where the fuel drain is on the main fuel filter located under the cab.

tank is pvc.

there is nothing that I can identify that the methonal in the bio fuel would break down.

there is nothing rubber or non-synthetic in the entire fuel system aside from the metal items listed above and the PVC tank.

what specific seal are you worried about.

if something in the OEM lift pump craps out, my AIRDOG will pump right thru the OEM pump. The AIR DOG is in line between the tank and the OEM lift pump.

thanks

speakerfritz 02-21-2018 11:23 AM

update

9000 miles on B30

no problems

passed emissions testing

truck is stock, with egr and dpf installed....no scary stuff going on with the DPF

rjrandy96 11-12-2018 02:11 PM

I have been looking into running biodiesel in a 6.7 powerstroke for my own use not so much saving money mainly saving the environment if that’s a thing still. The real issue with the bio in our emission equipped trucks is Regen process. The diesel alone can delute our oil systems and the bio fuel is even worse at much worse your truck will “run fine” on B100 but when it goes into Regen you get get an extra gallon of bio fuel in your crankcase which will eventually harm the motor. This is why 6.7 are rated for b20 as this isn’t high enough to cause major problems the b5 rating on 6.4 is really just because they had to give it a rating it’s when biodiesel first became big. b30 May also not be too much most manufactures recommend tighter standards than truly needed but I am going to run my 6.7 once deleted on B100 once I have more than a few thousands miles on it. I just want to drive 40-50k miles some long hard loads on it to make sure I don’t have a lemon from the factory before I void my warranty. I am no expert but from the engineer I knew that worked at GM this is why the pit the 9th injector design on there engines

speakerfritz 11-12-2018 04:55 PM

The b5 vs b20 difference in 6.4 vs 6.7 is simply due to emissions compliance. The 6.7 can do b20 becuase of the Def fluid .