Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Escape & Escape Hybrid (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum36/)
-   -   Rear Seat Belt Buckle Installation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1481161-rear-seat-belt-buckle-installation.html)

PhoenixLaw92 03-16-2017 07:51 PM

Rear Seat Belt Buckle Installation

Hello all! I'm new to this thread. I just bought my 2004 Ford Escape here two weeks ago and I noticed something that I didn't notice until now. I went to go take my sister over to her concert tonight and when she went to go buckle up in the back, there were no female ends for the seat belt on both sides. Knowing that she's under 16 and I live in New York, if I was to get pulled over with her in the back, that would be a serious ticket.

So I was just wondering, how do I install them? Thank you all in advance!

simonsi 03-16-2017 07:56 PM

Sure they haven't slipped under the back seat base? Seems an odd thing to remove - but if they have been removed there will be mounting holes under the rear seat into which they bolt, it will be obvious if you pulled the seat base forward.

TBH if they have been removed I'd go back to the seller, its likely it was illegal to remove them in the first place...

PhoenixLaw92 03-16-2017 08:00 PM

I actually checked and they're completely gone. I saw where they bolt into place and everything too. The guy I bought it from had no idea that they were gone, as he was originally going to use that one for parts (which is a shame too. The body on it is in nice shape and it runs beautifully.). Thankfully there's a junk yard close to where I live so I can get them easily.

So all I have to do is just put the seat down and unbolt them then when I go to remove them?

simonsi 03-16-2017 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixLaw92 (Post 17038707)
So all I have to do is just put the seat down and unbolt them then when I go to remove them?

Yep, should be a 2min job to remove them and a 2min job to fit them to yours - assuming the parts match but I'd imagine they do.

PhoenixLaw92 03-16-2017 08:19 PM

Alright then! Thank you so much for the help!

simonsi 03-16-2017 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixLaw92 (Post 17038779)
Alright then! Thank you so much for the help!

You're welcome, you can probably get the correct socket size to take to the yard by looking at your front or rear belt upper or lower mounts, you might need to remove some trim but it might make the trip to the yard easier as they should be the same size bolts.

got2bjoester 03-17-2017 06:00 AM

I'm trying to remember if my '02 had "keyed" receivers for the rear seat belts.
I seem to remember riding in the back once when my son was learning to drive and finding the left side seat belt not fitting into the "center" receiver....

You should be OK, but you'll need to test fit them before mounting to ensure they are in the correct position if my recollection is correct.