Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1479157-ranch-hand-front-and-rear-bumpers-17-f250-platinum.html)

jriltex 03-04-2017 10:27 PM

Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

6 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my recent adds. Truck has both all around cameras as well as collision alert. Also shot of the front bumper at night showing impact on lighting being almost un-noticed.

Davparks2 03-04-2017 10:49 PM

Looks great I am looking at getting the exact same set up. Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly? I do a lot of highway driving and I find the ACC to be an invaluable feature.

randomreview 03-04-2017 10:52 PM

Nice looking truck!

You said collision alert was unaffected. Do you also have the adaptive cruise control? and if so is that unaffected as well? My other question would be, if you have ACC, did they move the module in order to make it work or does it work through the metal mesh? I requested info from Ranch Hand about what they did to resolve the issue and all I got back was that it had been addressed, no info on how even though I specifically asked. I would love to know how they did it and it looks like you have a platinum which should have ACC.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

das_16 03-04-2017 10:54 PM

I am thinking of getting that same bumper how much does it block the front camera?

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Davparks2 (Post 17004599)
Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly?

I was driving with cruise on for 2 hours and it worked like a charm. Cruise kicked down approaching vehicles in front and resumed when clear. I have no problems and confirmed with the a VP I know at Ranch Hand previous to purchasing.

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by randomreview (Post 17004607)
Nice looking truck!

You said collision alert was unaffected. Do you also have the adaptive cruise control? and if so is that unaffected as well? My other question would be, if you have ACC, did they move the module in order to make it work or does it work through the metal mesh? I requested info from Ranch Hand about what they did to resolve the issue and all I got back was that it had been addressed, no info on how even though I specifically asked. I would love to know how they did it and it looks like you have a platinum which should have ACC.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

They relocated the ACC to a bracket they have on the bumper and cover it with a nice think piece of plexiglass. It shoots through the mesh without a problem. I will take some pictures and post shortly. It works great!

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by das_16 (Post 17004611)
I am thinking of getting that same bumper how much does it block the front camera?

It frames the camera picture but I can see well enough to park, see my front bumper hitch ball. and how close I am to something. There was a picture on a previous post but I will try and also get a picture and post shortly.

das_16 03-04-2017 11:13 PM

I will look for it as well I don't ever remember anyone post. I know the local shop told me they carry them with cut outs but they weren't sure on how much can be seen still. They were pushing the bull nose to be able to see better.

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:17 PM

Pic of ACC and Front Camera View

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two pics of ACC and Camera view in cab..sorry for quality but taken inside my garage

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Davparks2 (Post 17004599)
Looks great I am looking at getting the exact same set up. Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly? I do a lot of highway driving and I find the ACC to be an invaluable feature.

Just make sure you are clear when ordering it you have cameras and ACC. There is a part number for this model. Here is a copy of what I had installed at the Ranch Hand store in Irving, TX.

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by das_16 (Post 17004641)
I will look for it as well I don't ever remember anyone post. I know the local shop told me they carry them with cut outs but they weren't sure on how much can be seen still. They were pushing the bull nose to be able to see better.

I like the Legend. I have seen how it can protect you against a 300# hog or 150# deer and I like and appreciate the additional protection of the full radiator coverage. The bull bar is good for running into other cars...but an animal I think will flip right over it into the engine or worse yet, the cab. But just personal opinion. I can see well enough out front to accomplish what I want.

MagneticTiger 03-04-2017 11:26 PM

Great setup. I may do the same. Is the 180 degree view even worse on the front camera?

jriltex 03-04-2017 11:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MagneticTiger (Post 17004656)
Great setup. I may do the same. Is the 180 degree view even worse on the front camera?

When they stitch the picture together is still is impacted a little...I will go back out and do a 360 and take a picture for you. Here are all the camera views in one post. Again inside my garage so apologies for clutter.

das_16 03-04-2017 11:49 PM

Thanks for the photos I think I am going to go with the Ranch Hand

jriltex 03-05-2017 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by das_16 (Post 17004681)
Thanks for the photos I think I am going to go with the Ranch Hand

I was looking for the same info as I decided on mine. I had to sort of gamble a little and go on good faith. I have had Ranch Hand Legends on my last 3 F350 trucks and really like them and glad they work with the new trucks. Best of luck. Glad it helped out.