Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Feb 2017 chat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1473837-feb-2017-chat.html)

hturner12 02-01-2017 04:18 AM

Feb 2017 chat

2 months in to a new year already. A new president that some don't like. The boy scouts allowing transgender what a start to a year

yankbs 66f100 02-01-2017 07:49 PM

It'sa lot better than if Hillary won the election. So far, no complaints from N Georgia here.

When's the Log House party Hugh?

hturner12 02-01-2017 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100 (Post 16917258)
It'sa lot better than if Hillary won the election. So far, no complaints from N Georgia here.

When's the Log House party Hugh?

As soon as you gift me 200k:-jammin

Half the house down here has no complaints (ME) the other half not has happy the way the election turned out.

hturner12 02-01-2017 08:22 PM

I talked to a local dealer/builder today that is about 20 minutes from the land. The place yesterday after I slept on it it would be alot more expensive than the said. Their price did not include site prep, fireplace , porches and decks, labor for staining. I am hoping we can stat construction in about 18 months.

The builder today spent about an hour out at the land telling me howto do the driveway where to put the house. His advise is free

ChiefM 02-02-2017 02:15 AM

Free is good and if Bob is giving away money I'll take some too.

Finally finished that scraper up. I could see where someone had been probing wires, I guess try and fix the turn signals. The wiring harness had shifted under a guard and had rubbed against the frame. It had to have been doing it for a long time to go thru the sheathing and the wires.

During dinner we discussed our vacation plans for next year and we have decided to take a cruise.

yankbs 66f100 02-02-2017 05:30 PM

If I was able to give away money, the truck would have been restored by a pro. We would also have a house on Tybee Island, and one in the Adirondacks. Well at least I can dream big.

yankbs 66f100 02-02-2017 08:31 PM

I received a package from my brother out of nowhere today. He thought that I would have more use of it than he would. It was given to him many years ago from our father, and he never knew why Dad didn't give it to me since Bill is a Giants fan.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...41aaca4cc4.jpg
What he didn't know was that we both got a ball from the Falcons 39 years ago, but mine was destroyed by the ex wife about 26 years ago. Cried like a baby when I opened the box this afternoon. Go Falcons.

Big_Texxan 02-02-2017 09:00 PM

good lord guys. yall been having some fun. I have not done much to Ford at all, and dodge is slow progress.

I am getting set up to start building high horse engines. My garage is about set up for it.

Big_Texxan 02-02-2017 09:03 PM

got some of my first major home bills, and new truck is getting some final touches before the level kit and wheels. Boss got some nice ass wheels on the shop SUV, and audio guy has a very class benz, and I need to step it up. But i really need that turbo :D

New truck might get a huge swap too, and Ford im thinking stroke blower motor. Once I start hitting it hard when my dodge is back and running the ford will take a huge step forward

Big_Texxan 02-02-2017 09:04 PM

So i moved into this house, and I drive 4 minutes to work, and turns out they are tearing out the bridge on my main road, so I will have a 15 minute commute. Seriously....

Big_Texxan 02-02-2017 09:05 PM

yall are more active then texas chapters too. haha. guess we like chevys out here..... but not me.

ChiefM 02-03-2017 03:31 AM

That football is awesome Bob !!
I hope they will do a lot better than they did last time they went to the Superbowl.

Glad to have you back Jacob! Are you really complaining over 15 minutes? It sounds like you are still happy there, that's good.

hturner12 02-03-2017 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100 (Post 16919599)
If I was able to give away money, the truck would have been restored by a pro. We would also have a house on Tybee Island, and one in the Adirondacks. Well at least I can dream big.

It that was the case there would be a new KIng Ranch sitting in the driveway next to what ever Lexie wanted. But then would we really appreciate things and would we be happy I doubt it
Dang you mean I got to get a loan and make payments.:-X04 But I am old enough not to be of that you owe me and I am entitled just because I am to lazy to work crowd.

hturner12 02-03-2017 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100 (Post 16920158)
I received a package from my brother out of nowhere today. He thought that I would have more use of it than he would. It was given to him many years ago from our father, and he never knew why Dad didn't give it to me since Bill is a Giants fan.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...41aaca4cc4.jpg
What he didn't know was that we both got a ball from the Falcons 39 years ago, but mine was destroyed by the ex wife about 26 years ago. Cried like a baby when I opened the box this afternoon. Go Falcons.

39 years I was headed off to basic. The Falcons were in the Fulton county stadium along with the Braves.

ChiefM 02-03-2017 05:51 AM

No one has ever given me anything either, I have worked for everything we have. I told my boss I hit a deer on the way home the other day in my Jag. He remarked you just bought a Hummer and you own a Jaguar? I said yes, he what you are you going to do about getting to work. I said we have 5 vehicles so no issue getting to work. He said you own and drive 5 vehicles, I said yes, he said why? Why are you working here and get out of my office.

Decided I am going to take the family to Las Vegas later on next year for a few days. The wife has always wanted to go and a package deal for the flight and the room is really affordable.