Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum104/)
-   -   Its Finially February BS & Chat thread. Welcome y'all. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1473791-its-finially-february-bs-and-chat-thread-welcome-yall.html)

77&79F250 01-31-2017 08:02 PM

Its Finially February BS & Chat thread. Welcome y'all.

Well it finally February, everyone better get cracking on them projects while we still have good weather.

April 15th will be right around the corner for Alan and Earthquake's big show.

The Missouri FTE chapter needs to be in a full court press, show and support for this deal and that will be a great time to have FTE G2G.

As always driving a Ford truck to it is not mandatory, but highly appreciated. lol JK. }>

Maybe our fearless chapter leader...what is his name again? Maybe old Terry can make this one?

Out lost son Unk Bob and family (including Kabluey) will be back home soon.

ubereal2 01-31-2017 08:11 PM

I've already brought up making a trip with a load of stuff to go into storage in that same time frame of Alan and Earthquake's big show. So I'm really trying to get there. And we're still planning on being back home that first few day's in July:-X22

Unk Bob:)

97 Mountain Man 01-31-2017 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16914302)
Well it finally February, everyone better get cracking on them projects while we still have good weather.

April 15th will be right around the corner for Alan and Earthquake's big show.

The Missouri FTE chapter needs to be in a full court press, show and support for this deal and that will be a great time to have FTE G2G.

As always driving a Ford truck to it is not mandatory, but highly appreciated. lol JK. }>

Maybe our fearless chapter leader...what is his name again? Maybe old Terry can make this one?

Out lost son Unk Bob and family (including Kabluey) will be back home soon.

I hit a mile stone on the 7th of February.

cyclopsblown34 01-31-2017 09:11 PM

Dan's catching up with me next week. Yaaaayyyyyy

cyclopsblown34 01-31-2017 09:12 PM

Big A and I will be there, most likely in s late model Ford Fruck.

77&79F250 01-31-2017 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man (Post 16914371)
I hit a mile stone on the 7th of February.

Well congrats Dan on the B Day, and are you qualifying for AARP too? }>

earthquake68 02-01-2017 12:45 AM

This is gonna sound weird, but it won't be a big deal if nobody comes out to watch me. I'm doing this more for stage 1 truck recognition than I am for me. I appreciate the support, though. ...and I sure won't turn you guys away. We may even have some burgers or something if you bring your official FTE identification with you. :D :p

77&79F250 02-01-2017 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by earthquake68 (Post 16914947)
if you bring your official FTE identification with you. :D :p

Does that mean drive a Ford truck there?

Personally I wish I would have the free time to be able to help you and be there at all the events. I really wanted to go to Indy. A tire pusher/spotter/move the jack a bit, grab that airgun. Quick get the jump start box...what ever.

I am sure it is stressful enough just driving there and doing 99% of the tire up work and all other stuff needed and then still have to do the reason you are there (drive a monster truck) then de-tire it and drive home.

A good driver has a team to back him and we all back you in one form or fashion and I am dang sure trying be at this one.

Feb 1st and 32 here this morning.

ubereal2 02-01-2017 06:59 AM

Good morning everybody!
Rich, it's 45* here, and is supposed to hit 67* today, then cool off to the upper 40's and near 60 the rest of this week. I will miss the winter weather here. I honestly have not put on a winter coat since we moved. :-X22

I have charcoal heating up for the smoker, and hickory is set as aside for the brisket I'm smoking today.

Unk Bob:-wink

whiskey runner 02-01-2017 07:42 AM

good morning missouri.. sounds like a lot of excitement around here..:)

jeff are you going to make it down. or did you have to work

97 Mountain Man 02-01-2017 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16914560)
Well congrats Dan on the B Day, and are you qualifying for AARP too? }>

Yes, as I got my packet a week ago. :D

whiskey runner 02-01-2017 08:00 AM

as far as i know i will be there on the 15th.. driving a ford.. just not sure which one

BORDERBUM 02-01-2017 08:17 AM

On my way now RC. Had to wait till 8 in case my boss called

cyclopsblown34 02-01-2017 05:06 PM

Howdy all. Off to the house and no shop therapy tonight. Busy work day and going to take tonight off.

ubereal2 02-01-2017 05:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dinner tonight!

Not too bad for an ol' dude from Missouri that's trying to get back home:-X22

Unk Bob

97 Mountain Man 02-01-2017 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34 (Post 16916770)
Howdy all. Off to the house and no shop therapy tonight. Busy work day and going to take tonight off.

Need your rest for the Chip & Jason shenanigan show 'eh:-X04:-X14

cyclopsblown34 02-01-2017 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man
Need your rest for the Chip & Jason shenanigan show 'eh:-X04:-X14

Yessir. Buy lunch and a field trip of a powerplant. Plus being AARP eligible makes my rest important

cyclopsblown34 02-01-2017 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ubereal2
Dinner tonight!

Not too bad for an ol' dude from Missouri that trying to get back home:-X22

Unk Bob

Unk Bob is my hero!

earthquake68 02-01-2017 06:29 PM

Evening All! We got most of the spray booth framed in today. Tomorrow we hope to have most of the outside done. The roll up door should be here sometime before Monday. I need to get back to normal so I can start working on paying customers again. I'm falling behind already.

BORDERBUM 02-01-2017 07:58 PM

gentlemen... Good evening.

Got lots of Bullet stuff done with RC!!

New led and regular light bulbs in dash cluster all working!!!!!
New light switch installed and working!!!!!
Connected the fuel lines temporarily to run fuel from tank..
Bad...my Holley carb....needs more work...but RC had a temp fix for that too and I drove bullet today. Seems like a rv type can in the truck and it is pretty powerful.
Dash gauges all seem to work !!!
Needs some tuning seems to idle fine at startup but when warm seems to die off...

Bought a heater valve tonight
Bought more trans fluid
Bought the 2 fuel line connectors...again...I lost 1....urgg
Bought Power steering fluid
Bought relay for horn
I think that's it for today...

Thinking of heading back down tomorrow. Have to check work...

Thanks again RC!! Before long you will be paying to watch me work on my truck!!! Lol joking...seriously joking!

cyclopsblown34 02-01-2017 08:08 PM

That's great news on the booth framing Alan!

whiskey runner 02-01-2017 08:14 PM

didnt get much done today.. worked most of the day to get jeffs truck turned around.. should be easier to work on facing that way

earthquake68 02-01-2017 09:09 PM

Say it ain't so! Jeff will have a dent he can actually drive??!! :eek: (sorry, I had to)

Great news. I guess we better get the trans in Bandit so you'll have two trucks to choose from to haul stuff.

BORDERBUM 02-01-2017 09:24 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...8e6e069f47.jpg
This is Bullet tonight before I left.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...11e1be8a7f.jpg
RC welding on the new bolt on system we have for the back bumper (nuts welded in place and a few bolts as well...makes getting bumper off in the future easier with the hitch as well

BORDERBUM 02-01-2017 09:33 PM

yeah yeah Alan!!:-drink
RC almost has me talked into a controller for the trans

I had to email the pics to me then go to my sons laptop...urgg

BORDERBUM 02-01-2017 10:16 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...3b0e365e26.jpg
cab lights and painted grill installed truck is now running and driving...now to get some stuff squared away. working with RC has taught me the value of slowing down and doing stuff better and more correct...this truck will be a bruiser work horse

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...0b53798aaf.jpg
tonight before I left. All lights work except a reverse light and the cab lights not wired in yet. hope its a bulb on the reverse light since the socket is new.

cyclopsblown34 02-02-2017 06:08 AM

Jeff, that's almost as good of news as Alan's booth framing coming along! It's great to see friends have good happen for them.

ubereal2 02-02-2017 06:10 AM

Good deal Jeff. You two are really going to town :-X22
Congrats on the framing of your paint booth Alan :-X22

Not sure what's going to happen here today. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had a door open on Ka'Bluey, and 60 and sunny. So I guess that's what I'm doing today. Fire up Ka'Bluey and run him around town a bit.

Y'all have a good day.

cyclopsblown34 02-02-2017 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ubereal2
Good deal Jeff. You two are really going to town :-X22
Congrats on the framing of your paint booth Alan :-X22

Not sure what's going to happen here today. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had a door open on Ka'Bluey, and 60 and sunny. So I guess that's what I'm doing today. Fire up Ka'Bluey and run him around town a bit.

Y'all have a good day.

Kabluey will be happy today!

whiskey runner 02-02-2017 07:16 AM

good morning missouri... i have to build a (sturdy) shipping box for the 54 chevy lower frt. splash pan i took off yesterday.. shipping parts is a pain in the a** but i guess it is better than not shipping any parts....:-X21

BORDERBUM 02-02-2017 07:36 AM

RC boss called headed to Nevada... The city in Missouri lollol

All parts bought and in my possession.... Unless I lose them....

BORDERBUM 02-02-2017 07:39 AM

Thanks Chip, and Unk Bob. RC has made it a lot of fun. Edit...unless he finds dirt under your truck...and you happen to be under the dirt!!!! Hahahaha! Jk

whiskey runner 02-02-2017 07:45 AM

ok jeff... i am sure i can find something else to do today.. :)

whiskey runner 02-02-2017 04:17 PM

i did find something else to do today... yesterday i pulled the frt. splash-shield off a 54 chevy.. today i got it ready for its journey.. all i need now is 159.23 more cash and he can have it on its way..:)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...fe3767598a.jpg
getting the staple bun loaded

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4677ed43ab.jpg
need a sturdy box for hard to find parts

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...3b8cd2d00c.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b0d421a73a.jpg
ready to go....

earthquake68 02-02-2017 08:02 PM

We got more framing done on the outside part of the paint booth today. It's moving along slowly, but it's still moving along.

I also got the rear bumper mostly done on a Jeep Cherokee. I'll get it on the truck tomorrow, then build the front bumper. The guy gave me the following instruction to build the bumpers. "They have to be legal height, make them look cool and use diamond plate on them." .....ok, then. The real came out pretty cool. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

cyclopsblown34 02-03-2017 05:01 AM

Why doesn't everybody offer cool packages on their trucks like Shivalay? 4 different colors =4 packages.

whiskey runner 02-03-2017 05:51 AM

good morning missouri.... chip i didnt know that they had options.. i thought all package's were created equal

ubereal2 02-03-2017 06:47 AM

Good morning everybody:)
I don't know if I could go out and buy a new F150 right now. Besides being as expensive as a pickup is, there are more trim levels that ever before. I'd bet there at least 10 different levels of the F150 right now. And they're listed as high as $72,000,00:eek:. That half of what we paid for our first house :-X15.
Raining and the temp dropped 20* from what it was yesterday, and I have a couple of errands to do this morning. I was sure the goober at Crutchfield told me that they were sending out a box for me to pack all of this stuff in to. So after waiting for this box, I called yesterday, and nope, they only gave me the "Free" shipping label.
So today I'm shipping this stuff out. And I have already picked out the next round of goodies, and I'm not using Crutchfield. Dan just for the record, the next stereo that I've picked out....is a Kenwood :-X22, but we've all had good and bad in all of the different brands.

Hope y'all have a good day.

ubereal2 02-03-2017 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34 (Post 16916945)
Unk Bob is my hero!

Thanks buddy :-X22

Originally Posted by earthquake68 (Post 16920038)
We got more framing done on the outside part of the paint booth today. It's moving along slowly, but it's still moving along.

I also got the rear bumper mostly done on a Jeep Cherokee. I'll get it on the truck tomorrow, then build the front bumper. The guy gave me the following instruction to build the bumpers. "They have to be legal height, make them look cool and use diamond plate on them." .....ok, then. The real came out pretty cool. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

Good deal Alan. I can't wait to get started on Ka'Bluey's body work. After I come up with an air compressor that will keep up with body tools. And Shari wants to see Ka'Bluey finished and painted too :-jammin

BORDERBUM 02-03-2017 02:23 PM

Afternoon all! Back at it again today.

RC you good with tomorrow?

Tomorrow's list possibly...
Wire cab lights
Fuel hard line ends installed
Tach install
Drivers side reverse light figuring issue
Top off fluids
Issue with idle

No particular order.

RC should I get a rebuild kit for the Holley?