Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum104/)
-   -   Its Finially February BS & Chat thread. Welcome y'all. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1473791-its-finially-february-bs-and-chat-thread-welcome-yall.html)

earthquake68 02-05-2017 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16925721)
So what is on your project schedule next?

I have to get this Chevy truck gone in the next couple of days, I have an Acura coming in for a complete paint job, I have a '65 Comet there for paint, and I'm running out of minutes to get EQ set for the crush. I think I have a couple accident repairs in there, too.

I got half the driveway done today and the rest of the framing done. We still have to finish cutting down the wall where the booth goes through the side of the building, but that shouldn't take too long. I have to finish skinning the booth, put the filters and exhaust in, wire for lights and fix some of the work the other guys rushed through on Saturday. It looks like a retarded kid on crack put the tin on the roof and front. The sides look great. (I did those) ;) Nobody cares about your stuff like you do, I guess.

earthquake68 02-05-2017 06:18 PM

Bob, something else to look at. Check CL for a used trailer to buy. Sometimes you can pick them up for $1500, then sell it when you get here. Trailers never last long on CL. Then you only lay out money temporarily. It's like getting the trailer rental for free.

77&79F250 02-05-2017 06:35 PM

Yes Unk Bob that is what I expected, did you look at the FTE thread links I sent you? A long bed will fit, but it just does fit. I am sure the computer told the guy it would not fit.

X2 on buy one, then flip sale it once back here is not the best option, but at least it is an option.

I just was wondering Alan how busy you were, you sound busy, as always.

ubereal2 02-05-2017 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by earthquake68 (Post 16927456)
Bob, something else to look at. Check CL for a used trailer to buy. Sometimes you can pick them up for $1500, then sell it when you get here. Trailers never last long on CL. Then you only lay out money temporarily. It's like getting the trailer rental for free.

Yes I've thought of that too, but I just don't want to fool with buying, tags, insurance, etc to turn around and get rid of it.

Unk Bob:o

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16927494)
Yes Unk Bob that is what I expected, did you look at the FTE thread links I sent you? A long bed will fit, but it just does fit. I am sure the computer told the guy it would not fit.

X2 on buy one, then flip sale it once back here is not the best option, but at least it is an option.

Yes Rich, I did look at those links, and that was the same stuff I was looking at on line. I went to a U Hual lot here by the house and seen that the trailer there won't work for me.

Unk Bob:o

77&79F250 02-05-2017 08:57 PM

Are you trying to make it a once shot one deal move? If not you can use my trailer.... Twin 8 lugs axles with elec brake, 2 5/16 ball, tagged and ready to haul.

Is you buddy heading out to you 1st then flip hauling back? If I was in the work position to come and get it, you know I would.

earthquake68 02-05-2017 09:43 PM

Bob, you won't need to tag it. Legally, you can buy it and take it home without it being registered. Since you won't have a N.C. address, you can bring it back to Missouri before you register it. Just have the signed title with you. Then flip it here without registering it. I drove from Ohio to Louisiana in a dually with no tags because I bought it and was driving it home. I even tried to get a temp tag in Ohio. They said just drive it. You don't live here. Tennessee doesn't require trailers to have license plates. At least they didn't when I lived there, so nobody would even give you a second glance.

Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just more information. ...speaking of more information, your old neighbor Tom is selling his house. You could be your own neighbor. :D

Rich. I'm busy, but if you need something, let me know. You know you and RC are always at the top of the list if you need something.

ubereal2 02-06-2017 07:10 AM

I have a good lead on a set of stock tires and wheels. With that on Ka'Bluey, that really should allow for more actual tire to be on that U Haul trailer:-huh With the 16.5" wheels, and the 37" tires, we were going to use all but just a few inch's of that trailer. But a stock set should allow for more room.....wouldn't it:-huh.
Shari is on an airplane, and should be taking off in the next 20 minutes or so, for training for her new job (It's really happening)! It's a heck of a time of the year to be in Minnesota for a week. The warmest day there this week is Friday, her last day, and the high is 40*.
A beautiful week here in the 60's and 70* a couple of days, then down to the 50's later in the week.

Unk Bob:-wink

ubereal2 02-06-2017 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 16927870)
Are you trying to make it a once shot one deal move? If not you can use my trailer.... Twin 8 lugs axles with elec brake, 2 5/16 ball, tagged and ready to haul.

Is you buddy heading out to you 1st then flip hauling back? If I was in the work position to come and get it, you know I would.

Yup, one trip deal. We're renting a 26' box truck. And we have less now than when we moved out here. And we moved here in one trip. And I'm still planning on making a trip in April with a loaded 6'x12' trailer. That should empty the attic, and everything in the shed, but, the lawn mower, and my Snap On tool box.
Shari mentioned me hanging around a couple of day's and try getting us a rental place locked down. So I'll be in town a couple of days :-X22

And I know any of you guy's would help out here if you could. And I wouldn't ask anyways, not this far away. You all have things going on with work and family. But we'll get there.

BORDERBUM 02-06-2017 08:36 AM

Morning all!

Unk Bob when your in town offloading your trailer in storage if I'm around that weekend or day I'll be glad to help you out.

Bullet is winding down... But I have more projects in the wings... Brought all my lists to work today to consolidate them..

ubereal2 02-06-2017 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by BORDERBUM (Post 16928755)
Morning all!

Unk Bob when your in town offloading your trailer in storage if I'm around that weekend or day I'll be glad to help you out.

Your on!
I'll pm you my cell number. I'm trying to be there that same week of Alan's record.

BORDERBUM 02-06-2017 09:53 AM

Got it Unk Bob.

Rich or anyone .... I need to replace the front U bolts on Bullet...so I would like to do the U bolt flip while I am at it ...any information on this? I know Rich has started this on his Big Red.

77&79F250 02-06-2017 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It should fit (barely) with stock rims and tires on BOTH ends of the truck.

That truck looks to have some old 7.00/16.5 or 9.00/16.5 on it? I bet with some little 235 or 245x15 you will be ok.

And it looks to be on the trailer and that is what the rule is right, ON the trailer?

ubereal2 02-06-2017 01:14 PM

Finally got a hold of J T truck lines. The guy that brought Ka'Bluey out to NC. He's no longer in business.
Figures...

Unk Bob:(

whiskey runner 02-06-2017 01:32 PM

bob .. i am going to have to come over there and drag that old ford back to missouri..https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ee9fe34f5d.jpg
bullet
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...9210f753fe.jpg
big red
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b69783bd52.jpg
bandit

77&79F250 02-06-2017 01:42 PM

Well one way or the other, heck Unk Bob just drive it...