Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum104/)
-   -   Its Finially February BS & Chat thread. Welcome y'all. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1473791-its-finially-february-bs-and-chat-thread-welcome-yall.html)

ubereal2 02-04-2017 07:37 AM

Good morning everybody:-wink
It's a cool 27* here this morning, and I'm on my last mug of coffee, and no idea what today's plans are.
I have gotten some more junk out of the attic and shed this week, and took them to the curb. Most everything is gone, just a rack for firewood is left.

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

Unk Bob:-X22

whiskey runner 02-04-2017 08:24 AM

well off to the shop.. might have to have a fire at least this morning

ubereal2 02-04-2017 03:51 PM

I know a fire sounds good here. It was a whopping 27* this morning, and hit 45* this afternoon, and already cooling down.:'(

cyclopsblown34 02-04-2017 04:24 PM

RC, that lights a big fire under me. Now I'm playing chainsaw repair man. Ethanol attacked the fuel lines.

Grems4ever 02-04-2017 05:25 PM

Evening all.

Nothing terribly noteworthy going on here. The wife and I have been working on getting the camper ready for it's first outing in Mid-March. We won't be roughing too much with this unit - I got the 32" flatscreen mounted up and connected to the DVD player built in to the sound system. We're going slowly on setting it up so that we can get it the way we want it the first time.

We're still trying to find a home for the short queen size mattress that came with it. We've run ads online, but the only person interested offered half of what we were asking and then wanted us to deliver it - that was the end of that. I hate to donate it charity, but I may end up having to do so.

BORDERBUM 02-04-2017 08:46 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...f8ced2b006.jpg
cab lights installed and now wired and working

getting closer every day

earthquake68 02-04-2017 11:39 PM

Evening All!

The outside section of the paint booth is closed in. We still have some trim to put up and the garage door is coming on Monday, but it's coming together. It was cold today, but after a few pieces of trim are put on, the rest of the work is inside. ....so we can stay warm while we work. It was frackin' cold today trying to put tin up.

77&79F250 02-05-2017 12:21 AM

So what is on your project schedule next?

cyclopsblown34 02-05-2017 05:18 AM

Howdy all, 39 Ford doors are coming along nicely as is the ZX. Hopefully today I get fuel line and my saw running again. Wednesday we head for me and Patty's first vacation away from home in our thirty years together, four days in Branson. Who is in that vicinity?

whiskey runner 02-05-2017 06:32 AM

good morning missouri...
alan i know all about putting up tin in the cold. it sure is worth it when done and you have a new paint room.. my paint booth never got any closer than a door and a drain in the floor (which i had a transmission get stuck in yesterday)..
chip i dont know what you mean by in the area.. ches would be the closest i think

cyclopsblown34 02-05-2017 07:25 AM

I'm not familiar with the area and wasn't sure if you, Rich or Alan was a convenient drive from Branson.

ubereal2 02-05-2017 07:28 AM

Good morning Missouri :-wink
There's a big football game today, and Shari and Tim like that stuff so I'm already hiding in my area at the back of the house.
I spoke to my buddy that owns the moving company yesterday and he had a few options for our move back to Southern Missouri. It looks like we'll get back home for about $1500 less than it took to move to North Carolina :-X22 That's great news for us, since Duke paid the way better part of the move out here, and its all on us to get back.
I'll be renting a uhaul, and trailer that Ka'Bluey should fit on, and coming back with everything. I need to measure the actual width of Ka'Bluey, sidewall to sidewall, and be sure he'll fit on the trailer. I'll also have to provide my own tire straps/tie downs. The Uhaul stuff is for "Up To" a 30" tire. Unless I can find an inexpensive set of 15"s to put on him for the ride. And I'm checking into that too.

Y'all have a good day.

Unk Bob:-wink

Unk Bob

John T super cab 02-05-2017 07:32 AM

Morning , Chip we live in the south side of springfield . Unk Bob 15 " would lower the center of gravity a bunch and make him pull better .

ubereal2 02-05-2017 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by John T super cab (Post 16925982)
Morning , Chip we live in the south side of springfield . Unk Bob 15 " would lower the center of gravity a bunch and make him pull better .

That'll help on the fuel too, good point :-X22
I'll be checking on craigslist for a set that will bolt on, and 4 bald tires that just have to hold air. I really don't want to sink a chunk of money into them just to put my 16.5"x37"s back on.

Unk Bob:-wink

BORDERBUM 02-05-2017 08:19 AM

Not only would 15s lower your center of gravity but your front 37s might not fit on the trailer... I had to borrow wheels from RC to get Ol Big Red on my trailer...and I have a car trailer...