Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   SCT Livewire Guys (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1469808-sct-livewire-guys.html)

js139 01-06-2017 02:41 PM

SCT Livewire Guys

Hey Fellas,

So I am getting ready to buy the equipment for a DPF Delete/EGR Delete for my 2015 F-350. I have a couple questions regarding the SCT Livewire. I was told that the Livewire TS will come with Delete and non-delete tunes. Can someone that uses this confirm this for me, as I've gotten this answered both ways. Also, can someone also confirm that there is a stock delete tune?

The reason for those questions is I am going to run the Livewire with the DPF on until my warranty expires. I'll then complete the delete and do the full EGR delete with the DPF delete pipe. I want to run stock power as I am only doing this for longevity purposes. I don't care about power gains, I just want stock and want the emission crap off the truck.

Side question on the EGR delete. What system is everyone running on the 2015+ trucks? Most companies are not showing them for the 2015+, but have them when you call. I am not sure of the differences betwee Pre-2015 and post-2015, but would like to know what the 15+ guys are using and if you would recommend one over the other.

Thanks in advance!

Marty Self 01-06-2017 04:05 PM

If it doesn't come with the delete tunes. Give Mike at 5star tuning and he will email you to load. Or any of the tuning shops probably can. They did for my Raptor.

cappa 01-06-2017 04:11 PM

Just buy the blocker plates. Imho the only thing your gaining by doing a full delete is a little bit of room and allot more Labour.

bobv60 01-06-2017 06:01 PM

It's going to come from SCT with ONLY the DPF on tunes. The only way to have delete tunes is if you pay extra for custom tunes that include deletes.

BOHAWG175 01-06-2017 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by bobv60 (Post 16848052)
It's going to come from SCT with ONLY the DPF on tunes. The only way to have delete tunes is if you pay extra for custom tunes that include deletes.

What he said. This is why they are still in business. I'd do it all at once. I used a River City EGR Delete Kit, removed the entire EGR and reran the coolant. Google "6.7 Delete what to know" I posted a video and got pretty deep in the weeds on it. Also did a follow-up video on it a year after the delete.

js139 01-07-2017 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by BOHAWG175 (Post 16848966)
What he said. This is why they are still in business. I'd do it all at once. I used a River City EGR Delete Kit, removed the entire EGR and reran the coolant. Google "6.7 Delete what to know" I posted a video and got pretty deep in the weeds on it. Also did a follow-up video on it a year after the delete.

i understand that I'll need to buy dpf off tunes. I just want to be sure I can use the sct delete tuner before I take the emissions stuff off.

I did did see your videos on the deletes. I've deleted my 2008 450, but I used an h&s that had a stock dpf off tune. I'm looking for a stock dpf off tune. I don't care about power or mileage gains. I want longevity. I tow heavy most of the time and I have all the power I need now.

jwsrules 03-14-2017 10:51 AM

Hi the sct livewire you can get with deletes tune, it called the race tuner, i got one

js139 03-14-2017 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by jwsrules (Post 17031527)
Hi the sct livewire you can get with deletes tune, it called the race tuner, i got one

Thanks. I ended up buying the SCT Livewire. I ordered it custom through Mikey's diesel, who was the only one willing to give me a stock egr/dpf off tune. They cut the price as well since I wasn't getting the three standard race tunes as I didn't want any power gains. I just wanted stock timing and fueling with the dpf/egr off. The customer service at Mikey's was top notch. I also have all of the DPF/EGR on tunes, so I can use my Livewire until I perform the deletes when my warranty runs out.

doczenith1 03-22-2017 03:31 PM

I'm also considering the Livewire and was thinking about purchasing it prior to deleting and buying custom tunes. Do the included tunes do any tuning for the transmission? I looking for something that removes defueled shifts, tq management and firms up shifts. Ok I just did some research on the SCT site and I see that they offer a trans only tune but what I'm wondering is how much trans tuning is done on their Street tune.

js139 03-24-2017 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by doczenith1 (Post 17054294)
I'm also considering the Livewire and was thinking about purchasing it prior to deleting and buying custom tunes. Do the included tunes do any tuning for the transmission? I looking for something that removes defueled shifts, tq management and firms up shifts. Ok I just did some research on the SCT site and I see that they offer a trans only tune but what I'm wondering is how much trans tuning is done on their Street tune.

I'd personally just talk to one of the techs that does the tuning. They know these inside and out. The guys at Mikey's Diesel were awesome and took the time to answer all of my questions. That was not a question I had, but I wanted no fueling changes, so the current transmission programming is fine for me. I'd give them a call or shoot them a message and they'll get back to you on it. Mikey's was the only ones that took the time to answer all of my questions and make sure I got what I really wanted. I looked at several different vendors, several of which were recommended on here.