Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Welcome To The January 2017 BS Thread! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1468926-welcome-to-the-january-2017-bs-thread.html)

wpnaes 01-21-2017 01:01 AM

Great pics and video Marc, looked like a fun trip.

NumberDummy 01-21-2017 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 16886244)
"It ain't over 'till it's over......" Yogi Berra - 1973

I watched a-many Los Angeles Angeles and Hollywood Stars games in my youth (if I recall correctly) on KTLA.

Hollywood Stars played at Gilmore Field, which was located on Fairfax, just north of the Farmers Market. Today CBS Television is located there.

CharlyG 01-21-2017 11:33 AM

I just upgrade to 100mps with ATT!

wpnaes 01-21-2017 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NumberDummy (Post 16886957)
Hollywood Stars.

I see that name and think Hollywood Squares with Peter Marshall.

NumberDummy 01-21-2017 12:51 PM

I see some familiar faces, Charlie Arquette on the far left, "Lonesome George" Gobel 4th from the left, Vincent Price 2nd from the right, Paul Lynde on the far right.

Paul Lynde in person had an entirely different personality, believed his **** didn't stink, was a nasty boor, ordered people around.

When he brought his Country Squire into Walker-Buerge Ford, the service writers would vanish the second they saw him.

So he'd walk to the back part counter, which was opposite the service office and demand that I wait on him. It was very difficult for me not to tell him to go take a hike!

The customer may have always been right, but didn't include this jerk.

Another jerk was Charles Bronson, he was a "sawed off" runt with a severe Napoleonic complex.

One time when he picked up his car, he noticed one of the wiper blade inserts was coming apart. He walked to the back parts counter, demanded a new wiper blade.

I removed the blade, replaced the insert, said I was a fan so I'm not charging you. He snarled "Damn right (except he didn't say damn!) I'M not paying for it, YOU broke it, YOU pay for it!"

I wanted to punch this little SOB's lights out, but managed to hold my temper.

Every time Bronson came in, he'd accuse someone of causing damage. Finally Maurice Buerge had had enough of his BS, told him he was no longer welcome, take his car some place else.

phantom1 01-21-2017 01:00 PM

newbe

:-wink :-wink:-wink:-winkFound this site and joined in hope to get help with deciding on a F100 in the 67-78 range. Perfect truck would have a 390, manual, and be a shortbed. It would be a work truck but look good enough to go to cruises and have a little fun.}>
I am open to any and all ideas.

wpnaes 01-21-2017 01:08 PM

HS quotes:

Question: In the literary world, who kept saying 'I think I can, I think I can?'
Weaver: Well, out at the home, that was Mr. Ferguson. And Mrs. Ferguson kept saying 'I wish he would! I wish he would!'"

Q: “What unusual thing do you do if you have something called 'the gift of tongues'?”
Lynde: “I wouldn’t tell the grand jury. Why should I tell you?”
Q: "Paul, any good boat enthusiast should know that when a man falls out of your boat and into the water, you should yell 'Man overboard!' Now what should you yell if a woman falls overboard?"
Lynde: "Full speed ahead!"

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years. A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

SpringerPop 01-21-2017 01:08 PM

Howdy, Phantom.

Where are you located?

Welcome aboard our little corner of cyber-space.

Pop

wpnaes 01-21-2017 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by phantom1 (Post 16887199)
:-wink :-wink:-wink:-winkFound this site and joined in hope to get help with deciding on a F100 in the 67-78 range. Perfect truck would have a 390, manual, and be a shortbed. It would be a work truck but look good enough to go to cruises and have a little fun.}>
I am open to any and all ideas.

Welcome! Check out these forums also:

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Forums

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum39/

turbohunter 01-21-2017 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 16886363)
Great pics and video Marc, looked like a fun trip.

As you have said, the desert is a magical place.

NumberDummy 01-21-2017 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 16887218)
Howdy, Phantom.

Where are you located?

Click on the FTE user name - See Public Profile - About Me

This :-newbie lives in NC :-X04

CharlyG 01-21-2017 02:10 PM

Isn't that lady on the left from the Dick Van Dyke Show? And it looks like Vincent Price on the right. Let's get em all, eh? I watch too much Highway Thru Hell!

NumberDummy 01-21-2017 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by CharlyG (Post 16887339)
Isn't that lady on the left from the Dick Van Dyke Show? And it looks like Vincent Price on the right. Let's get em all, eh? I watch too much Highway Thru Hell!

I think that's Rose Marie who played Morrie Amsterdam's wife. I previously mentioned (edited in) Vincent Price, who unlike Paul Lynde & Charles Bronson, was a very nice man in person.

Amsterdam had a local TV show on KTLA in the 50's. A pal of mine's dad was KTLA's advertising manager, so us kids were in a lot of peanut galleries.

KTLA Channel 5 is one of the oldest TV stations in the US, was founded in 1946 by Paramount Pictures.

CharlyG 01-21-2017 03:32 PM

yup, I couldn't think of her name. That good looking guy on the rear left looks a little like that Robert G sumpin(long name, maybe French?)

Nighteyez 01-21-2017 04:22 PM

Don't forget Sandy Duncan (kneeling on the right) and Kent Mc Cord (back row just to left of cake) from Adam-12

Jim