Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Question about Lifting 2017 Platinum Dually?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1468114-question-about-lifting-2017-platinum-dually.html)

bowwowwow91 12-26-2016 10:30 AM

Question about Lifting 2017 Platinum Dually??

Hello All...been learning ALOT from the thread:-jammin..OK here goes...

I got a new black 350 Platinum dually....absolutely love it!! I want to run 37" tires and 22" wheels. Here's my plan and tell me your thoughts....

Fabtech 4" lift with front radius arms/Fox 2.5 shocks
American Force 22'' black wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5x22
Wireless airbag kit in rear

I don't do a lot of towing except hauling a tractor over to a hunting property about 70 miles away 4-5 times a year. I figure this won't be too big an issue. Got a gooseneck trailer for my tractor but my trailer guy says he can make it work for me.....my question is your opinions on this setup?? Mainly do you think I can clear those 37's with the 4" lift?? Appreciate any feedback....

mhoefer 12-26-2016 11:32 AM

I know without mud flaps the 17's look like they will clear. 35 inch tire. I don't know if 3 inch lift is enough for 37s. Might be close though. I would investigate different lift manufacturers and see what they say you will clear. Now as for towing, I am sure it will be ok, as long as your goose neck has an adjustable reach and has atleast 6" iPod adjustment in the hitch, can you telescope it in that much?
What gearing do you currently have, as going to a larger tire your final drive ration is going to be down. If you go to 4low.com there is a calculator for axle ratio final which you should calculate for current stock and then your combination with 37 inch tires to see what your final drive ratio is.

bowwowwow91 12-26-2016 12:57 PM

Thanks for the reply.....it is a 2017....yes my gooseneck is adjustable....my truck has the 4.10 gear ratio....gonna check out 4low.com

Thanks again....

bowwowwow91 12-27-2016 07:15 AM

Sooo....nobody have any thoughts on if a 4" lift on the 2017 350 Platinum dually will clear a set of 37x12.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers??

Just as a side note....I have a 2012 250 King Ranch that had a 2.5" leveling kit that cleared Toyo MT 35's with no trimming at all. Side by side my new 350 is about as "tall" in the front as it is and the back tailgates are same height....just want some guidance from someone with more experience before I drop the coins...thanks all....

bronc71 12-27-2016 10:33 AM

Sorry i don't have any input but there's a member on here that as a lifted dually i think it Fountain 1 you could ask him but i would ask soon looks like he does not like the truck and is going to get rid of it soon

Stalwart 12-27-2016 11:37 AM

I have 35.4" tires on a stock height 2017 F450, needed to trim a tiny tab on the inside upper corner of the front mudflaps for clearance.

FOUNTAIN 1 12-27-2016 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bronc71 (Post 16821872)
Sorry i don't have any input but there's a member on here that as a lifted dually i think it Fountain 1 you could ask him but i would ask soon looks like he does not like the truck and is going to get rid of it soon

slow down here . only time will tell about the new rig . in 15 i baught 4 ,before i was happy .. i love the truck , but worried about theese issues .. we will see . mine is in winter storage till spring . so got lots of time to see how everyones trucks are fairing .. as for 37s and 4 inch . no problem . mine barely rubs completely aired down .. you will clear with ease . i my self wold do a full throttle lift though . for spring lifts, n fox shocks although i had bilsteines on my 2013

FONRDAY 12-27-2016 05:12 PM

I would listen

Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1 (Post 16822725)
slow down here . only time will tell about the new rig . in 15 i baught 4 ,before i was happy .. i love the truck , but worried about theese issues .. we will see . mine is in winter storage till spring . so got lots of time to see how everyones trucks are fairing .. as for 37s and 4 inch . no problem . mine barely rubs completely aired down .. you will clear with ease . i my self wold do a full throttle lift though . for spring lifts, n fox shocks although i had bilsteines on my 2013

one up off road just say no to fabtech for a ford

bowwowwow91 12-27-2016 05:39 PM

Thanks everyone for your input......

@stalwart.....thanks for that info. Certainly raising 4" should clear the 37's in that case......

@Fountain1.....I REALLY like the look of your truck. I wish I could do the Kelderman system but my wife would have my you-know-what. Yours inspired me to look at lifting mine.....

@FONRDAY.....is the Fabtech really that bad of a lift system?? I won't be doing any serious off-roading at all....not questioning you but i have zero experience in the best lift kits, etc....I appreciate the comments because I'm about to pull the trigger on this this week......

Thanks again everyone.......will definitely post pics when done.....

Joneser5000 12-27-2016 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by FONRDAY (Post 16822771)
one up off road just say no to fabtech for a ford

I haven't read anything negative about the Fabtech. Can you please explain your opinion on this product. Is it a personal vendetta due to poor service or is the product that bad? I was under the impression the Fabtech 4" and 6" lifts were pretty good.