Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   Anyone Parting one out? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1454578-anyone-parting-one-out.html)

1985 Bronco 09-23-2016 06:41 PM

Anyone Parting one out?

3 Attachment(s)
Is anyone parting a truck out? I a m midway through my bullnose conversion on my 4 door bronco. My truck has 2 fuel doors, and my quarters only have 1 fuel door.

Attachment 213901

Attachment 213902

I need the area circled in red. All of the junkyards around me want a crazy amount of money to cut up a bed, and I haven't been able to find one on craigslist. If anyone is parting a truck out, I'd love to get the part from you.

Attachment 213903

WhatsAChevy? 09-23-2016 06:59 PM

A repair panel perhaps ?

1985 Bronco 09-23-2016 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by WhatsAChevy? (Post 16595987)
A repair panel perhaps ?

I would have to buy another quarter to get that piece

maverick600 09-23-2016 09:35 PM

What kind of money are they asking for? I have a LWB bed with 2 fuel doors that I will not be using. Heck depending on what you are wanting to do I can throw in both fuel tanks I have, the straps, and whatever else you may need that I have. Its going to go over the scales anyway.

80ford100 09-23-2016 10:53 PM

If you are in Texas or would like to travel I have 2 beds I would sell you dirt cheap

FuzzFace2 09-24-2016 09:18 AM

I thought I have seen the repair panels with 2 doors and if so why did yo unot buy that to start with?

You cant use one from the old panel you are cutting off? Yes I see the rust is close from the picture but might be able to use either one.

With as much rust I am seeing on the body of that truck I hope you checked over the frame really good for rust thru and cracks before putting money for patch panels.
Other members have had less rust/rot on the body than yours but the frame was toast.
Dave ----

1985 Bronco 09-24-2016 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by maverick600 (Post 16596415)
What kind of money are they asking for? I have a LWB bed with 2 fuel doors that I will not be using. Heck depending on what you are wanting to do I can throw in both fuel tanks I have, the straps, and whatever else you may need that I have. Its going to go over the scales anyway.

They are asking $60 if they have one in stock (which they don't). And $60 is close to a new quarter with shipping from Tabco.

Originally Posted by 80ford100 (Post 16596566)
If you are in Texas or would like to travel I have 2 beds I would sell you dirt cheap

I'm in Minnesota

Originally Posted by FuzzFace2 (Post 16597121)
I thought I have seen the repair panels with 2 doors and if so why did you not buy that to start with?

I bough the panels 2 years ago used for $75, i was going to use them on my 85 bronco.
You cant use one from the old panel you are cutting off? Yes I see the rust is close from the picture but might be able to use either one.

The 80-86 fuel door style is different then 87-96

With as much rust I am seeing on the body of that truck I hope you checked over the frame really good for rust thru and cracks before putting money for patch panels.
Other members have had less rust/rot on the body than yours but the frame was toast.

The frame has rust, but is still solid with no cracks. I plan on doing a 1 ton frame swap in 2 or 3 years anyway.

Dave ----

Reply is in red

FuzzFace2 09-25-2016 07:45 AM

Ok on getting it 2 years ago.

I did not know that about the doors. I checked my 81 parts truck doors and they are like the bronze colored pictured, indent in the body panel for your finger where yours has a raised part in the door for the finger to open the door.

I cant make out the replacement panel is that like your truck or like the picture?
If like the picture you would need 2 doors then right?

I don't want to cut up my parts bed just yet but I need 1 of the doors for my project and other parts of it but when the time comes and it will works for you if you are still looking it's yours.

There is also a section WTB (Want To Buy) area you can post in besides the sell area where you might find a cheap bed close by to buy.

Good luck
Dave ----

1985 Bronco 09-25-2016 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I already have one door

Attachment 213826

I actually don't need another door or the plastic thing. I can buy both of those for $7 at the U Pull R Parts that is about 45 minutes from me. They won't let me cut up a bed though. I just need the piece that they mount to. My replacement panel does have the correct finger indent

Attachment 213827

I may have found one locally today, but I won't know until next week if he will let me cut the bed. I won't really need it for a while anyway. My front tank doesn't work yet, and I won't be painting it for a few more months.

maytag906 09-26-2016 05:11 AM

If you don't need it right away, I'm changing the rusty bed on my 84, and it will be available. Might be a couple of weeks, though.

1985 Bronco 09-27-2016 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by maytag906 (Post 16600889)
If you don't need it right away, I'm changing the rusty bed on my 84, and it will be available. Might be a couple of weeks, though.

Thanks Maytag! I'll let you know if I can't get it here