Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Getting deleted tomorrow... talk to me about the Ez Lynk Tuner... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1454127-getting-deleted-tomorrow-talk-to-me-about-the-ez-lynk-tuner.html)

90pioneer 09-21-2016 12:08 AM

Getting deleted tomorrow... talk to me about the Ez Lynk Tuner...

2015 F350 KR with just under 50k miles. Had the truck just over a year now. Keep having exhaust system fault messages (3 times in 3 months). The second time left me stranded... literally idled into the dealer parking lot at 1 AM and slept there until they opened. 12 hours later I was back on the way, after replacing two nox sensors (two other ones had been replaced prior).

The next regen the same thing happened but this time I was closer to a town and went to another dealer. Dealer said they wanted to replace my entire DPF system. They couldn't get the truck in for two weeks and then it would take them 10 to 14 days to fix once they got the truck. No thanks. When my truck is down it costs me money and that wait time was unacceptable.

Going to a shop tomorrow that has came highly recommended and getting a full EGR and DPF delete. They will be installing an Ez Lynk tuner. I had to buy an IPOD touch to control the tuner which I wasn't really happy about, but so be it.

Anything I should know about the Ez Lynk? Anyone have one? Have you seen any MPG improvements? What else can I do with the thing, besides change the tunes?

The whole setup is going to cost me around $3300 including the stupid Ipod (i hate apple), but I figure this will be better than breaking down in some remote area this winter when it's -30*F outside. I make runs between Anchorage and Fairbanks twice a week, 368 miles door to door.

Figure if I can make the trust last another 75,000 miles and gain at least a 2.5 MPG increase, I'll save ~$1500 in fuel, so it'll half way pay for itself.

And lastly, will having the delete and tuner void my transmission warranty?

Dakster 09-21-2016 12:26 AM

90Pioneer - I hear you on being stranded up here... Although I don't do run's between Anchorage and Fairbanks...

The short answer is that the dealer can use your delete and tun to void your Tranny and Engine warranty if they believe it caused the failure. Sounds like you will be close to that warranty being up, so it might not matter. Not a big apple fan as of late either.

Out of curiosity who up here is good for deletes? I doubt I will have mine done - but always good to know about good diesel places.

Also - sent you PM.

90pioneer 09-21-2016 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 16589456)
90Pioneer - I hear you on being stranded up here... Although I don't do run's between Anchorage and Fairbanks...

The short answer is that the dealer can use your delete and tun to void your Tranny and Engine warranty if they believe it caused the failure. Sounds like you will be close to that warranty being up, so it might not matter. Not a big apple fan as of late either.

Out of curiosity who up here is good for deletes? I doubt I will have mine done - but always good to know about good diesel places.

Also - sent you PM.

My inbox was full... try sending PM again

Dakster 09-21-2016 12:59 AM

I just sent it again...

I wish you the best with the delete/tune tomorrow.

Mtncrash1 09-21-2016 04:50 AM

I just had the ezlynk put on my truck. I can't really give you a good answer on mpgs as the longest run I have made since installing was around 80 miles of two lane and in town. The tech should be able to show you everything you can do with it. One of the things I like ( and haven't had to use ) is you can talk directly to a tech at ezlynk to help diagnose any codes I believe they can also make changes to the tunes through the iPod. You have to be connected to the Internet some how. Enjoy the delete.

09f250v10 09-21-2016 07:25 PM

EzLynk Tuner

I don't personally have this tuner yet, however, I will be purchasing one with PPEI tunes at the end of the year when I get my Christmas bonus. I like the fact that the tunes can be updated remotely as well as data logging. Also, it's shift on the fly tuning which, to my knowledge, is the only tuner for the 15' and 16' trucks that allows this.
From what I could find, it sounds like PPEI is one of the only(if not THE only) tunes that keeps the exhaust brake function as well as not having random trans shift issues/behaviors. Are you using the PPEI tunes or just the EzLynk with someone elses tunes?

Mtncrash1 09-22-2016 08:26 AM

I have the PPEI tunes. The exhaust brake still works. Made a 60 mile trip yesterday on number one tune. Most of it was hwy with some hills. Running 70 mph the computer showed me at 17.5 mpg at the end. The computer has been pretty accurate but I haven't checked it since the delete.

radium 09-22-2016 09:32 AM

Congratulations on the delete and by all means enjoy it one quick question though I thought the trucks new Flash wouldn't allow the trucks to be stranded only throw the wrench inside the dashboard? If one of the sensors goes down at least it did on my truck was able to drive to the dealer and have it replaced take care and good luck

90pioneer 09-23-2016 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by radium (Post 16592411)
Congratulations on the delete and by all means enjoy it one quick question though I thought the trucks new Flash wouldn't allow the trucks to be stranded only throw the wrench inside the dashboard? If one of the sensors goes down at least it did on my truck was able to drive to the dealer and have it replaced take care and good luck

Maybe I didn't have that updated flash? It threw the wrench, beeped at me, gave a 50 mile countdown and then changed to a few other screens. I was able to get about 130-140 miles before it went into idle only.

90pioneer 09-23-2016 01:23 AM

Picked the truck up today.

Running the Ez Lynk tuner with the PPEI tunes. The change is transmission shifting is significant. It now shifts hard and firm. No longer hunts for gears or feels like my truck is being propelled by a bag of jello.

I've only driven it about 50 miles on wet roads today, so not much play time but the power increase is significant. I thought the truck was pretty fast before being tuned but man there is a lot more power to play with.

Will be taking it on a 368 mile trip tomorrow so I'll be giving the tunes a good workout!

The only issue I have noticed is when my tires break traction, the traction control light no longer flashes on the dash. Everything else seems to work. I'm not sure why traction control would be effected or if something got unplugged during the install? The traction control does still work (I can feel it), just the light doesn't flash.

Mtncrash1 09-25-2016 01:42 AM

A little update for you 90. Drove mine 350 miles today, averaged 70 mph on mostly two lane. Filled up at 280 miles and hand calculated at 18.5 mpg. The computer showed me at 17.6. We also drove through some twisty roads and hills around Mt Rushmore. When I parked it tonight the computer showed me at 16.6. This was on the level 2 tune. In the morning I am going to head back the same route minus the twisty stuff and, will be on level 3. We'll see how it does.

Deuce40s 09-27-2017 02:36 PM

Any updates on the Ez Lynk and PPEI tunes? I'm looking at going this route.

WK15 09-27-2017 09:07 PM

I'm waiting to do a full delete my new 2017 F450. The PPEI Ez-Lynk should be here Friday. Saturday will will be a fun day of pulling off everything.

The list of stuff being added:
- MPD 6.7L POWERSTROKE CCV KIT WITHOUT BAFFLE
- MPD 6.7L POWERSTROKE COLD SIDE INTERCOOLER PIPE FIX KIT (2017)
- Cold Air Intake No Limit Intake
- EGR ByPass Kit (2017)
- SOTF Switch
- 5" Flo Pro With Muffler SS652NB
- 6.7L Powerstroke EZ LYNK AutoAgent PPEI

cangim 09-27-2017 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by WK15 (Post 17491234)
I'm waiting to do a full delete my new 2017 F450. The PPEI Ez-Lynk should be here Friday. Saturday will will be a fun day of pulling off everything.

The list of stuff being added:
- MPD 6.7L POWERSTROKE CCV KIT WITHOUT BAFFLE
- MPD 6.7L POWERSTROKE COLD SIDE INTERCOOLER PIPE FIX KIT (2017)
- Cold Air Intake No Limit Intake
- EGR ByPass Kit (2017)
- SOTF Switch
- 5" Flo Pro With Muffler SS652NB
- 6.7L Powerstroke EZ LYNK AutoAgent PPEI

Can you post up some video/sound clips when done? I still don't care much for the way mine sounds, this is with a big muffler as well. All 4" though at the moment

WK15 09-27-2017 11:28 PM

^^^^I sure can.

Here is what I had on my 2012 and it had a nice turbo whistle:

- DIESELSITE 2011-2013 Ford 6.7L Fuel Filter / Water Separator
- aFe Stage 2 Intake System PG7
- H&S MiniMaxx Tuner w/ High Sulfur Calibration Tune Vin Un-Lock Code
- Flo Pro 653NB 5" Aluminized Downpipe Back Exhaust w/ Muffler
- H&S EGT Probe Kit
- H&S EGR/Cooler Delete
- H&S Dash Mount & Adapter
- MPD 6.7L Powerstroke CCV Kit
- MPD 6.7L Powerstroke Cold Side Intercooler Pipe Kit