Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   p 1639....VID block corrupt (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1453992-p-1639-vid-block-corrupt.html)

sxrfun 09-20-2016 08:39 AM

p 1639....VID block corrupt

Yep I have this code on my truck...2008 f250 6.4 with H&S xrt pro tuner. The other day I went to change power levels in order to pull trailer. Long story short...plugged in tuner....changed level and it froze and check engine light, abs light and battery light came on. Now rumor has it the only way to fix this is to have Ford flash truck with the as built data and re tune.....however I remember hearing when H&S was still around they had a fix for this through their tech support. Has anyone delt with this...other the going to Ford?

sxrfun 09-22-2016 09:20 AM

So I'm guessing no ones had this issue? lol Just want to update....fix is definitely to have pcm re flashed with as built data from Ford and then re load your tuner. Had mine done this am, took about 40 mins or so.
Also figured out what caused it......My Kenwood stereo ties into my obd2 block so it can show gauges and read codes etc, however when tuner is plugged in to change power levels...the tuner and stereo have a small fight I guess and well it wipes the vin # and other things from the pcm. Not sure if other tuners will have this issue...but my H&S tuner did. Just a heads up for anyone else set up like this.

speakerfritz 09-29-2016 07:16 PM

thanks for posting.......was thinking about a tuner to change my idle rpm...but since my local ford charges 145 per hour and will take your truck in and keep it for 10 days and do nothing with it....don't need the added dice rolls.

IHpuller450 10-06-2016 05:46 PM

PM'ed you sir.

Bayard Mccue-Frazier 10-18-2016 08:21 PM

I have been experiencing

Originally Posted by sxrfun (Post 16592372)
So I'm guessing no ones had this issue? lol Just want to update....fix is definitely to have pcm re flashed with as built data from Ford and then re load your tuner. Had mine done this am, took about 40 mins or so.
Also figured out what caused it......My Kenwood stereo ties into my obd2 block so it can show gauges and read codes etc, however when tuner is plugged in to change power levels...the tuner and stereo have a small fight I guess and well it wipes the vin # and other things from the pcm. Not sure if other tuners will have this issue...but my H&S tuner did. Just a heads up for anyone else set up like this.

im experiencing the same issue. I went to ford to get a factory reset which made everything fine but then it came back... after reading this thread I'm looking at my alpine head unit. What is the odb2 and what happening a lack of voltage?

sxrfun 10-24-2016 07:43 AM

Not exactly sure what goes on with the stereo and the tuner...but my guess is that both are trying to communicate with the pcm at the same time....and that is what causes the issue. Did your truck throw the code again when you tried to change power levels?

Bayard Mccue-Frazier 10-24-2016 09:07 PM

That's correct I was thinking about putting constant ignition power to the obd2

sxrfun 10-25-2016 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bayard Mccue-Frazier (Post 16670096)
That's correct I was thinking about putting constant ignition power to the obd2

Not so sure I would do that. The route I went was to just unhook my stereo from the obd2 wiring. The gauges on the stereo were cool and all, so was the ability to read codes....but I never really used them. If you want to keep your stereo wired into the obd2, what I would do is splice in some connectors or a plug into the 2 wires from the stereo that tie into the obd2 of the truck. Leave these connectors or plug someplace easily accessible, and when you want to change power levels with your tuner simply unplug the stereo to obd2 connection. When finished changing power levels connect the stereo once again.