Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   What did you do to your Super Duty today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1437999-what-did-you-do-to-your-super-duty-today.html)

ufvj217 06-04-2016 12:08 PM

yea it is.

ahiaring 06-04-2016 01:48 PM

I installed rear wheel liners and a smoke black bugshield on my 2016 6.2 xlt yesterday.

Waiting for my custom Cabelas Outfitter Series Seat covers to be finished and shipped out.

This fall (October) right before Hunting Seasons, I will swapping out the 275/70/18 michelins, for some 35's - probably Toyo AT's.

ufvj217 06-04-2016 04:46 PM

seat covers are on my possible list of mods. custom made ones made for our trucks of course, not universal crap that doesn't fit right and look factory.

SuperDutyScaler 06-04-2016 08:10 PM

I installed Dyna beads today, only had the truck to 45mph so far so I'll see in a few days if they work as good as old lead weight

Bigpipes 35 06-04-2016 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler (Post 16335005)
I installed Dyna beads today, only had the truck to 45mph so far so I'll see in a few days if they work as good as old lead weight

Oh do keep us posted..

Dormin 06-04-2016 09:30 PM

Fixed AC/ESOF prob and door actuators.

Posted this originally on SuperDuty. Should have posted it here. Nubes!?

I was able to fix my AC issue of blowing out defrost vents and ESOF not working thanks to this site. Thanks to Thors Hammer.

Also fixed my door lock actuators all the way around. I didn't replace them. I wrapped resistor in motor with aluminum foil. Thanks to biodieselexcursion, great video.

Great info on this site. My next project will be leaking rear pinion seal.

Earlthegoat2 06-05-2016 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dormin (Post 16335193)

Great info on this site. My next project will be leaking rear pinion seal.

Out of curiosity, how do you plan to tackle this one?

I did mine recently and just zipped the nut off with an impact, pulled the yoke with a homemade puller, replaced the seal and zipped everything back on. (in a nutshell) I didnt dink with the crush sleeve or the torque specs.

Please note that this is not the correct way to do it at all. For my own reasons I deliberately chose to do it this way based on needing the truck right now and not caring if it grenades on me in the future. I will do a gear swap if I run into problems and will then do everything properly.

Dormin 06-05-2016 12:40 PM

Pinion seal

Originally Posted by Earlthegoat2 (Post 16335806)
Out of curiosity, how do you plan to tackle this one?

I did mine recently and just zipped the nut off with an impact, pulled the yoke with a homemade puller, replaced the seal and zipped everything back on. (in a nutshell) I didnt dink with the crush sleeve or the torque specs.

Please note that this is not the correct way to do it at all. For my own reasons I deliberately chose to do it this way based on needing the truck right now and not caring if it grenades on me in the future. I will do a gear swap if I run into problems and will then do everything properly.

Doing some searching on that at the moment. Found a couple of threads. Planning to mark drive shaft, pull from yoke, count threads and measure depth, mark yoke and nut, back nut out pull yoke, pry seal out, replace, then everything in reverse. I'll be sure and check play in yoke when I drop drive shaft. If no play good to go. If not looks like a races, bearings, ect…

That's why I'm doing a bit of research before I pull the trigger.

DieselCamper 06-05-2016 01:15 PM

In the next few hours, I'll be replacing some glow plugs and finding a leak! Fun day(;

Sir Kayakalot 06-05-2016 05:08 PM

Changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter. Was surprised how dirty the air filter was with only 11,400 miles on the truck. Thought I'd show some pics of the muffler delete I did a few weeks ago. Notice the hanger I added behind the resonator. Now notice the gap between the resonator and crossmember. To get that clearance I raised the hanger in front of the resonator. Now it can't rub the crossmember.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...87b202465.jpeg
Also installed a dual steering stabilizer to control the 37s
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...1ce356e2c.jpeg

CyberJay 06-05-2016 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot (Post 16336705)
Changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter. Was surprised how dirty the air filter was with only 11,400 miles on the truck. Thought I'd show some pics of the muffler delete I did a few weeks ago. Notice the hanger I added behind the resonator. Now notice the gap between the resonator and crossmember. To get that clearance I raised the hanger in front of the resonator. Now it can't rub the crossmember.

I'd like to hear your truck, if you're ever over in the NWA area. I'd drive a little to meet you too, if I had free time. Drop me a PM if you are headed this way.

-J

Sir Kayakalot 06-05-2016 05:20 PM

I'll sure do it CyberJay. Heck I'll even let ya drive it!

ufvj217 06-05-2016 08:25 PM

i took a video of my exhaust today but i can't get it to upload to photobucket for some reason.

ssunit1 06-05-2016 09:44 PM

Pulled a 18in diameter stump. Put it in 4x4 low, 5 tugs or so and it popped out.

kcducttaper 06-05-2016 10:06 PM

Today I ordered 2 sets of JBL GX862 speakers for my '99.

My stockers are all blown to crap, so I went by Best Buy today and listened to all of the ones on display. It was quickly narrowed down to the JBL's and Kickers. The JBL's sounded smoother and had much better control over 1500Hz. Plus I think they may have just a tad more bottom end than the Kickers, so I went ahead and ordered 2 pairs at $100/pair. I'm pretty excited to drop them in and see how it sounds on the stock head unit!