Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   What did you do to your Super Duty today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1437999-what-did-you-do-to-your-super-duty-today.html)

ufvj217 05-31-2016 08:28 PM

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

3 Attachment(s)
There's a thread like this over 2800 pages long in the Excursion forum. Didn't see one here, lets get one going. Post whatever mods/repairs/anything (pics as well if you want) you did to your Super Duty today.

(Excursion thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...e-x-today.html)

Today I installed these permanent spacers with quality bolts (had cheap bolts and a stack of washers before to see how high I wanted the seat to be). I like my seat bottom mostly flat, more than the power seat adjustments could offer.

Attachment 219867

Attachment 219868

Attachment 219869

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd....go! Let's see if we can catch up to the Excursion thread, although it was started 6 years ago lol. Keep this one going!

wpnaes 06-01-2016 07:06 AM

Heck, I'm impressed with your clean carpet. I normally find aged fries, fast food wrappers, lost coins, phone charger cords, etc. - reminds me I need to replace the drivers side foam cushion this summer. :-X22

JeepPuller 06-01-2016 07:34 AM

I've started some 'clean-up' of the underbody on my truck. While the body and paint on my 'new-to-me' 2011 looks fantastic, the underbody of this PA truck needs some attention. In an effort to stop the effects of 5 years of PA winters, I cleaned up the under-body and wire brushed all the flaking paint. I then hit all the spots with VHC Rust converter; this has been curing for the past 2 days. I'll take a few shots before I top coat with some enamel rustoleum paint that is a pretty close match to the under-body color.

I hope to slow the rust-cancer some.

projectnitemare 06-01-2016 08:02 AM

I drove mine...had it less than a week. But i already installed my tube bumper and winch. More stuff likely to be added soon.

birdboy 06-01-2016 09:21 AM

I put 22.368 gallons of diesel in it.

ufvj217 06-01-2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 16326360)
Heck, I'm impressed with your clean carpet. I normally find aged fries, fast food wrappers, lost coins, phone charger cords, etc. - reminds me I need to replace the drivers side foam cushion this summer. :-X22

haha it was pretty clean when i got it (only 39k on it when i got it, 43k now) but i did take the entire carpet out and pressure wash it multiple times, that's why it's so clean lol

Mike189677 06-01-2016 12:56 PM

Cool idea I thought about starting one of these a while back. Anyway Cleaned the mass air flow sensor, made a slight adjustment to the drag link and fixed an air line for the bags.

stufarmer 06-01-2016 02:23 PM

2015 F250 Lariat 4wd
We're making an Alaskan road trip so I have a HUGE to do list for the truck. We tow a Travel Trailer so setting it up right will make life a little easier along the road. This week I'm installing an Via-Air onboard air system with a 400H compressor on a hard mount bracket and 2.5 gallon air tank outside the Rt. frame rail. My primary need for a compressor is to air up the rear airbags and to fill a small Zodiac inflatable boat. Next week I need a spot inside the bed to install an Inverter Generator. Then a Yakima Rack on top the Shell and a set of Bilsteins all around.

birdboy 06-01-2016 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by stufarmer (Post 16327384)
2015 F250 Lariat 4wd
We're making an Alaskan road trip so I have a HUGE to do list for the truck. We tow a Travel Trailer so setting it up right will make life a little easier along the road. This week I'm installing an Via-Air onboard air system with a 400H compressor on a hard mount bracket and 2.5 gallon air tank outside the Rt. frame rail. My primary need for a compressor is to air up the rear airbags and to fill a small Zodiac inflatable boat. Next week I need a spot inside the bed to install an Inverter Generator. Then a Yakima Rack on top the Shell and a set of Bilsteins all around.

Please post hundreds of pictures during your trip. Alaska is a dream destination of mine. A friend from high school was in the Coast Guard up there and taunted me with pictures for a couple of years. He did everything there was to do including riding four wheelers through glaciers. Happy that you are getting to go, but sooooo jealous at the same time.

ufvj217 06-01-2016 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike189677 (Post 16327232)
Cool idea I thought about starting one of these a while back. Anyway Cleaned the mass air flow sensor, made a slight adjustment to the drag link and fixed an air line for the bags.

drag link easy? i need to adjust my steering wheel. installed 2" shackles and the wheel went off center to the left. took it to get aligned, shop said it'd be a waste to align it now bc i need ball joints, so since it was there i said just straighten the wheel. charged me $48 bux and it's better than it was but now it's a little to the right...called them back and they claim without an alignment they can't get it perfect. it was perfect before the shackles and frankly i don't think i NEED an alignment, although once i change the ball joints i'm going to get one just in case. but i think the wheel can be centered so i'm going to adjust it myself. any pointers are appreciated :-X03

Originally Posted by birdboy (Post 16327476)
Please post hundreds of pictures during your trip. Alaska is a dream destination of mine. A friend from high school was in the Coast Guard up there and taunted me with pictures for a couple of years. He did everything there was to do including riding four wheelers through glaciers. Happy that you are getting to go, but sooooo jealous at the same time.

If you like pics of alaska, follow any thread AlaskanEx makes lol. especially his 11 f150 thread. he lives in Anchorage, AK and he always posts badass pics. really does make me want to move there.

CyberJay 06-01-2016 06:07 PM

Mine for today!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7396/2...5eb48361_b.jpg

ufvj217 06-01-2016 06:33 PM

that looks perfect, what brand?

i wish bedliner would stay nice with a slight sheen/wet look to it like in your pic. mine is Line-X (installed by PO) and it holds up good but it's flat especially with the florida sun we get here. i've heard Line-X doesn't have UV protection in it. not 100% sure if that's true or not.

CyberJay 06-01-2016 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ufvj217 (Post 16327918)
that looks perfect, what brand?

i wish bedliner would stay nice with a slight sheen/wet look to it like in your pic. mine is Line-X (installed by PO) and it holds up good but it's flat especially with the florida sun we get here. i've heard Line-X doesn't have UV protection in it. not 100% sure if that's true or not.

It's Rhino Liner. Although I did my research before buying and I am convinced that it doesn't matter what brand you buy. What matters is who installs it. Mine was hand scuffed, which is not ideal. Ideally you want a DA sander to scuff it. Then you want the hot application process done in a nice clean environment to keep contaminants out. The place I used has a paint booth for doing bed liners, and even though they only hand scuff they said they would cover ANY damage to the coating. Rhino Liner's nationwide warranty only covers bubbles, cracking, and peeling.

Line-X offers a UV protection separately. I'm not sure about Rhino Liner. I don't need to worry about UV since I'm going to be installing a cap in a couple of weeks and the cap/tint will protect the bed well enough.

It's also important to note that it was raining in my pic and the bed is ACTUALLY wet, not just fresh liner.

-J

xr7gt390 06-01-2016 07:13 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...16cf48ccf7.jpg

Washed it, wiped it down with some speed shine, picked up some pallets & went to work.

ufvj217 06-01-2016 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by CyberJay (Post 16327965)
It's Rhino Liner. Although I did my research before buying and I am convinced that it doesn't matter what brand you buy. What matters is who installs it. Mine was hand scuffed, which is not ideal. Ideally you want a DA sander to scuff it. Then you want the hot application process done in a nice clean environment to keep contaminants out. The place I used has a paint booth for doing bed liners, and even though they only hand scuff they said they would cover ANY damage to the coating. Rhino Liner's nationwide warranty only covers bubbles, cracking, and peeling.

Line-X offers a UV protection separately. I'm not sure about Rhino Liner. I don't need to worry about UV since I'm going to be installing a cap in a couple of weeks and the cap/tint will protect the bed well enough.

It's also important to note that it was raining in my pic and the bed is ACTUALLY wet, not just fresh liner.

-J

haha i thought it may have been rain lol.

Originally Posted by xr7gt390 (Post 16328016)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...16cf48ccf7.jpg

Washed it, wiped it down with some speed shine, picked up some pallets & went to work.

very clean truck!