Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   ARROWCRAFT DUALLY ADAPTER ORDER NIGHTMARE!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1431853-arrowcraft-dually-adapter-order-nightmare.html)

1982_f150 04-20-2016 11:06 PM

ARROWCRAFT DUALLY ADAPTER ORDER NIGHTMARE!!!

At the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to convert my 2000 F350 into a dually. After a few months of research, I had all the info I needed, and started to order/find all the parts.
When it came to the dually adapters, it was a no brainer. Arrowcraft seemed to be #1 in the industry for having the best quality adapters out there. So on March 5th, I sent an email.

On march 7th, I received a email back from the Lovely Carol, stating the prices and the different options I could go. Over the next 8 days we discussed my options over email, and narrowed it down to what I required. Arrowcrafts wheel adapters are custom built.

She stressed to me that they prefer having the wheel in their possession, as they could not guarantee fitment. unfortunately, me being in Canada that was not going to be possible.. I explained to her that as long as they are built the the specs I provided, I am willing to take the risk. So she told me the machinist needed the exact measurements and the make and model of my wheels. (eagle alloy 19.5") I provided theses measurements and specs on March 15th, and patiently waited for a response back.

I sent an email on March 21st, asking how long the manufacturing process takes and shipping time. No response.

I sent another email on March 24th asking if she had received my last email, and how I could go about paying them for the product. No response

On March 29th, I called Carol, and asked if she has received my last email. She told me that she had not received my last email stating all the specs, and told me to send it to another email address,(witch happened to be the same email address we had been talking on..) as that email has "issues".. so I sent another email IN DEPTH. Stating that I understood that they could not guarantee fitment and I was willing to take the risk, stating exactly what I wanted, and the exact specs, to the same email.

She emailed back saying "got it, printed it out and handed to the tech"
Sounded like I was getting somewhere....

April 14th, I sent another email, asking if there has been any progress on my order.
No response.

At this point, I am getting very concerned.. My truck has been sitting on jack stands for about a month now with a dually box and no wheels.

Not impressed with the customer service provided by Carol, I wanted to speak to someone other than her. So today, I called again.

Carol picked up the phone and I asked for a manager. She would not let me talk to anyone other than her. So I told her who I was and why I was calling..

I told her that I needed to talk to someone else because I need these adapters ASAP. She then proceeded to tell me how she doesn't like when people try to go over her head.. And she will NOT let me speak to anyone else. I stressed to her that it hasn't been an easy time trying to buy these wheel adapters, and I need them.. So she gives me the same old, "we need to have the wheel here"..

I sent the specs of the wheels 3 times.. I told her the wheels I ordered (eagle alloy) are the same brand that Arrowcraft sells on their website! She then told me they haven't sold eagle alloys in 15 years... Ok..

I then asked what I need to do to make this work. She tells me to go to a different company.... Now I'm getting a little angry. I told her the reason I want Arrowcraft adapters is they are the best in the business, and I want to be sure the adapters I buy are In fact the best. She says there is other company's that COPY their design... I don't want a copy!! I want Arrowcraft! Why are you making this so difficult for me to purchase your product! Out of nowhere She said "the boss" doesn't want to do your order. I asked her, so your really going to turn down a sale? She said yup. I said you know this is bad customer service? She said I don't care. I don't like it when people try and go over my head, goodbye. And hung up on me...

Talk about customer service!

I would really like to speak to a manager, as I still want to purchase these adapters.. I just don't know how to get their contact info now... Has anyone else had this experience with this company??

Supercab 04-21-2016 02:44 AM

I have not personally dealt with Arrowcraft. I wasn't under the impression that their adaptors were custom made. I have looked at their website and it seems quite simple-IF you have a given year F250-F350 single rear wheel you'd order the adaptors by part number for your vehicle and simply bolt them on.
Your '00 F350 did not come with 19.5 wheels. Why don't you just buy a Dually rear axle, THEN buy the adaptors that take it from the 8 lug 16" setup to your 10 lug 19.5 semi truck setup??

Supercab 04-21-2016 03:01 AM

Here is the Arrowcraft site: Adaptors, Wheels, Duality Fenders and Complete Kits - Arrowcraft :: Helping You Handle the Road for over 30 years!

If I were you I'd buy an actual DUALLY rear axle, then buy the adaptor from Arrowcraft that takes you from 8 lug to 10 lug-done & simple.

As far as the front is concerned I BELIEVE that if you just swap to "Dually style" front rotors, THEN, again use the Arrowcraft adaptors to go from 8 lug to 10 lug. again-done and simple.

I think you are making this harder on yourself than you need to-just get a DUALLY rear axle.

1982_f150 04-21-2016 08:49 AM

The wheels I ordered are not 10 bolt. They are 8x170...
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...a5c7bf1ad1.jpg

HKusp 04-21-2016 12:08 PM

Well, I can tell you after that "little" exchange with Carol, I would do everything in my power to NOT do business with a company like that.

holeshotwalt 04-21-2016 12:28 PM

I'd try every avenue; websites, phone books, other companies or brands that they own/ are owned by/ etc. and get to someone else who you can file a complaint.

Sous 04-21-2016 12:48 PM

They are not accredited with the BBB, but a complaint can still be lodged I believe.

Arrowcraft Products Inc Review - Contract Manufacturing in Royal Oak, MI - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Eastern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula

Supercab 04-21-2016 03:46 PM

Ok, Gotcha, I'll bet you played hell getting those American Eagle Alloys.....I recently bought a set of them in the stock 16" size and played true hell getting them.

So, THESE 19.5 wheels WILL bolt onto a STOCK DUALLY rear axle I guess?? If so, again, that's what I'd do. you can always sell your present rear.

And again, I really think you can just change/swap to DUALLY style front rotors and just bolt your 19.5s on there as well....(Someone correct me if I'm wrong-I have never done this)

ARE the 19.5" wheels the same backspacing as the stock 16" wheels?

I certainly understand your frustration about Arrowcraft, I'd sure lodge a complaint!!

HKusp 04-21-2016 04:27 PM

I don't think so, the stock dually is a 10 bolt correct? He got 8 lug wheels.

Tofan 04-21-2016 05:41 PM

Easy, call some businesses around there and ask who owns Arrowcraft....Idk, I would call back and just ask what the deal is. Maybe your tone didn't resonate well with her or the Boss, numerous reasons could exist. Just call back and ask where things went wrong, perhaps a manufacturing detail that YOU could be overlooking. Wheels differ all the time, even the same ones side by side. Just trying to help.....Be calm when you do...

1982_f150 04-21-2016 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sous (Post 16225694)

Thank you. that's a good idea.

1982_f150 04-21-2016 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Supercab (Post 16226046)
Ok, Gotcha, I'll bet you played hell getting those American Eagle Alloys.....I recently bought a set of them in the stock 16" size and played true hell getting them.

So, THESE 19.5 wheels WILL bolt onto a STOCK DUALLY rear axle I guess?? If so, again, that's what I'd do. you can always sell your present rear.

And again, I really think you can just change/swap to DUALLY style front rotors and just bolt your 19.5s on there as well....(Someone correct me if I'm wrong-I have never done this)

ARE the 19.5" wheels the same backspacing as the stock 16" wheels?

I certainly understand your frustration about Arrowcraft, I'd sure lodge a complaint!!

Yes they are extremely hard to get. They do bolt onto a factory dually axle.
The dually spindles are different so I can't get a disc...
I don't know what the factory back spacing is.

Supercab 04-22-2016 04:58 PM

Ok, Then either you've got to get Dually spindles, or the Arrowcraft FRONT adaptors.

CraigerF100 06-05-2016 04:34 AM

robby lemaster 05-15-2018 04:34 PM

Arrowcraft nightmare follower

finally a forum that I can relate to. I ordered the AA-1 rear magnum adapters, and 5 dually rims to do a rear wheel dually conversion on a ford e-350. Spent a lot of money with there distributor to get this kit. Well it road good for about two or 3 months, then one day when I was parking I felt like I got hit by a “IED.” After I changed my piss socked underwear I got out and looked at my rear wheel and it’s turned 90 degrees. So, long story short. The bolts pulled thru the holes of the spacer that hold the spacer to the axlepart. Also the axle studs broke in half like cutting butter. Which on the directions sheet from arrowcraft it does not say change to a stronger stud. All it says is they recommend changing old studs. So I called to buy another spacer and they said it was warrantied but I needed to contact the distributor. Well distributor wanted me to pay shipment on this 50 to 75 pound steel spacer to them, then to arrowcraft, then to me. That’s a crapload if money. Probably more than a new one. So their liabiity is bull****. I might send them some bull**** and let them get a whiff of it. Arrowcraft is horrible.