Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Other Items for Sale (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum236/)
-   -   DIY wvo system for sale (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1419935-diy-wvo-system-for-sale.html)

timmyboy76 02-09-2016 02:39 AM

DIY wvo system for sale

Got out of the game a month ago. Unfortunetly, I dumped my filtering system at t junkyard..(2-barrell w/ centrifuge)....anyways, sysem still in truck, using it as a spare 15gal so system stays running. However, now I need the bed space (std bed). Message me if intested with email. I provide pics....in the So-Cal area

Y2KW57 01-04-2017 02:50 PM

Why did you "get out of the game"?

timmyboy76 01-09-2017 09:43 AM

Tell you what, Y2... It was the next best thing, to sliced bread. Unfortunately, and if you travel down here from the high desert, you'd see the mayhem at 91/15. Because of that, I decided to sell the home and move closer to my daughters school, saving me/us about 500 miles a week and or insanity of not having to wake up at 4am now **** b in traffic for 4hrs..to/from

Y2KW57 01-09-2017 12:07 PM

Ah... so it sounds like you lost both the yard space to process the oil, as well as the need to drive as much that justified the time spent collecting and processing the oil?

I am trying to move in the opposite direction... away from town... and getting more yard space. The centrifuge would have interested me, but you already junked it.

When/if I move, and if I can find a steady source for WVO stock, it seems like a centrifuge would be a good idea to employ as part of the process. Unfortunately for your sale, I am not interested in any inbed tank, as I plan to use an under chassis mid ship tank for WVO that would compliment my existing stock 40 gallon aft axle tank for regular diesel.

I was just curious why you got out of the game... because I wouldn't want to get into a game that most people leave after they've tried it for a while. I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly before jumping in... to avoid having to jump out so soon.

timmyboy76 01-15-2017 01:34 PM

PA-Biodiesel was the centrifuge company I used. There "kit" containing both pump with incorporated gearator(something like that), and there 55gph centi. Y2, after all said and done, I could've sold it back to restaurants, because of how clean the end result was. And I had some Purdy knarly oil..
When bleeding pressure from centri, I diverted the oil to a firesprinkler, which in turn, had a great spray pattern to diminish any potential trapped water, into the air😉.
Ran a 2-tank system, with a 3rd tank in backyard for settling purposes. Brought oil into first barrel, heated it up while pushing through 50/20/10 micron housefolters. Then centrifuge once at 80ish degrees for approximate 4hrs. Let settle/cool then finally pump the 10/2 filters.
. Sold in bed system last April....

Y2KW57 01-16-2017 11:55 PM

Thanks for your informative insight on your oil processing. Reps sent!

Stewart_H 01-31-2017 06:28 PM

I know you already sold it, Tim, but I ended up just now moving this thread to the correct forum. You know, closing the barn door after the horse has already been long gone for a year. ;)

Stewart