Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1947 and Older Ford Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum42/)
-   -   Portland Swap Meet in April (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1417734-portland-swap-meet-in-april.html)

GB SISSON 01-27-2016 07:42 AM

Portland Swap Meet in April

One of the guys from California pm'd me he is going. It's a 3 day meet on 80 plus acres. I went 20 years ago and it was truly amazing. A friend from the island went last year and walked (weaved) 41 miles through it in the 3 days. I have been thinking of going, but think it might be fun to get more of us to join in and have some fun. I don't get out much and have always wanted to return to this swap meet. I would drive my suburban so there'd be a car if anyone wanted to not bring theirs. Yes, I know it's a chevy. Just thinking out loud at this point.

willowbilly3 01-27-2016 08:23 AM

I've heard that's a good one, probably better than Pamona. Love the big swaps and miss that about Texas (about the only thing I miss about Texas).
What is this Suburban thing you speak of?}>

Joe777 01-27-2016 08:53 PM

I would really like to attend. Maybe I could find some mirror arms and brackets. How far is it from the airport?

GB SISSON 01-27-2016 11:15 PM

Not sure how far, but I'll be the taxi.

mrcman58 01-27-2016 11:51 PM

i am getting excited about this, muppy 1840 told me hes going so i got thinking about it, then 2 friends mentioned they heard of it but never been there, i already made reservations in vancouver wash, getting a room closer to the event is not cheap. dont know if the wife is going since we have the tractor swap meet in tulare 2 weeks later, so a friend might go along, hes a die hard ford guy thats into from the t's to the 47 model trucks, in fact you might remember when i posted the pics of that M H ford tow truck! well its his truck, also that 42 ford pu with the canvas top. i will be at the turlock swap meet this weekend, bummer is there calling for rain this weekend here,
:-X16

mrcman58 01-27-2016 11:57 PM

i wonder what the requirements would be for me to take my gas JD gator.
save a little walking, i know check there web site,

Matther777 01-28-2016 01:21 AM

Hmmmm if only I could get an airline ticket.

willowbilly3 01-28-2016 04:06 AM

My guess is no Gator. At the big swap meets I used to go to anyway, no golf carts and such, only the little single electric hoovarounds. I did know one guy who had an old electric riding mower they let him use. Since my knees and legs are getting old, a couple hours on my feet is about the limit, so I'm thinking a 3 wheeled bicycle if I ever get to another big swap meet. I still have my old Radio Flyer I put pneumatic tires on, probably has thousands of miles on it from swap meets, auctions and flea markets.

GB SISSON 01-28-2016 10:22 AM

Gonna start charging my hoverboard. I have a friend in Portland who owes me. He worked for me for 2 years and lived in a little cabin on my place. Planning to couch surf at his house.

mrcman58 01-28-2016 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by willowbilly3 (Post 15989516)
My guess is no Gator. At the big swap meets I used to go to anyway, no golf carts and such, only the little single electric hoovarounds. I did know one guy who had an old electric riding mower they let him use. Since my knees and legs are getting old, a couple hours on my feet is about the limit, so I'm thinking a 3 wheeled bicycle if I ever get to another big swap meet. I still have my old Radio Flyer I put pneumatic tires on, probably has thousands of miles on it from swap meets, auctions and flea markets.

thats a bummer i have to leave wally at home.:(

tacomacream 01-28-2016 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Joe777 (Post 15989004)
I would really like to attend. Maybe I could find some mirror arms and brackets. How far is it from the airport?

The swap meet is not far from the airport and there many hotels in the area.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...29099a3a3f.png

Portland Swap Meet Homepage

Portland International Raceway // Major Events

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...9238fa8482.jpg

Joe777 01-29-2016 06:22 AM

Well I'll give it my best shot. I won't know my Apr schedule till mid March. That looks like a big swap meet.

69Cuda 02-01-2016 06:01 PM

that is a BIG swap meet. There are also a couple others right there the same weekend that have sprung up. I was there a couple years ago, and one of the guys on the shuttle bus said he goes with his dad every year. They have started making a 4 day weekend out of it! I would allow at least 2 days for the one bit meet though.

GB SISSON 02-01-2016 10:22 PM

Now you got me goin on this...

GB SISSON 02-09-2016 11:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by willowbilly3 (Post 15987048)
I've heard that's a good one, probably better than Pamona. Love the big swaps and miss that about Texas (about the only thing I miss about Texas).
What is this Suburban thing you speak of?}>

This suburban is something I bought last year. With Obamacare in full swing on the left coast you can't give them away. Thing is,... this one was built for the BLM and has roll up windows, vinyl seats and floors, a warn winch. 3/4 ton 4wd tow package 6 antenna mounts and spent it's last 8 years as a search and rescue rig. In fact it's last active duty was 10 days at the Oso mud slide slogging it's way through the ooze. I bought it in remarkably well maintained condition for 1800 bucks. It is our preferred 'going to town' rig for the mainland. Every other week we meet the Edensaw semi truck from Port Townsend and haul 30+ sheets of 3/4" plywood for the shop. Too bad an excursion is 8 grand. Love to pick you up in it at Portland in the spring!