Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Are any of the ones with regen jackhammering experiencing it now that is winter. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1412520-are-any-of-the-ones-with-regen-jackhammering-experiencing-it-now-that-is-winter.html)

zeroo 12-25-2015 09:11 AM

Are any of the ones with regen jackhammering experiencing it now that is winter.

For me 70f seems to be the threshold for my current issue. Even though this is not much of a winter, 50-60f seems cool enough to keep temps down.

90pioneer 12-25-2015 08:30 PM

I experienced it for the first time last week. 2015 KR

I was taking a nap in my truck, idling with the SEIC high idle mod, around 1300 RPM. I'd been there an hour and a half, maybe two.

Before any of you whine and complain how these trucks don't like to idle, it was -8*F outside and I was 100 miles from anywhere.

All the sudden I hear this god awful noise, that did sound like a jack hammer, as the truck went into regen (screen never flashed regen). The jack hammer noise lasted about 30 seconds, went away, and came back on. I knew for sure the truck was in regen because of the smell, and my oil temp was rapidly climbed from 195* to 213*.

I threw the truck in gear and the regen stopped, truck acted normal, and then went into regen another 100 miles down the road.

levi'sford 12-25-2015 08:52 PM

No. I have been good since late October. My buddy had an early 15' and said he hasn't noticed it either. Curious as to why.

hoseclamp 12-25-2015 09:02 PM

We have our 5th and 6th SD 6.7's since 2011, never had any issues with emissions or regens. I've had some bumpers replaced from rust, and I have a front driveshaft ordered for my current '16 f450. Besides that they've been great.

System 12-25-2015 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by hoseclamp (Post 15893639)
We have our 5th and 6th SD 6.7's since 2011, never had any issues with emissions or regens. I've had some bumpers replaced from rust, and I have a front driveshaft ordered for my current '16 f450. Besides that they've been great.

It's a trap brother.... Look away... :eek:

senix 12-26-2015 07:40 AM

Regen doesn't happen in park.

Thenewboss 12-26-2015 08:24 AM

Don't let the Christmas trolls get ya! The other one already has a pretty good thread going.

zeroo 12-26-2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Thenewboss (Post 15894175)
Don't let the Christmas trolls get ya! The other one already has a pretty good thread going.

Who you calling troll? I asked a legitimate question, that actually only pertains to people who have the issue.

zeroo 12-26-2015 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by hoseclamp (Post 15893639)

Ok, not sure what that has to do with this thread...but good. Im on my 9th one.

Big-Foot 12-26-2015 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 15894112)

BINGO.....

senix 12-26-2015 09:27 AM

It was cycling the EGR.

levi'sford 12-26-2015 10:19 AM

I think i replied to the wrong thread (damn smart phone app) so I'm posting again. If I didn't, sorry for the double post. I've been a member here since my 5.4 F150 days. It's been a very helpful site. I am one of the few with a 15' that has the regen noise. It started at 3500 miles. As of late October I have not had another occurance and too wander if it has something to do with outdoor temp. I hope it's just broke in and that's the end of it. I have a friend with an early 15' who has the same issue, much worse than mine and he too said he hasn't noticed it since we cooled off. We both live in Colorado at 7000'. It's 10 degrees right now. I will say to that between said trolls and the folks that try to prove who is trolling and who isn't this site isn't as great as it used to be. Hard to find info when most of the reading is a giant pissing contest. Just a thought. A late Merry Christmas.

zeroo 12-26-2015 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by levi'sford (Post 15894465)
I think i replied to the wrong thread (damn smart phone app) so I'm posting again. If I didn't, sorry for the double post. I've been a member here since my 5.4 F150 days. It's been a very helpful site. I am one of the few with a 15' that has the regen noise. It started at 3500 miles. As of late October I have not had another occurance and too wander if it has something to do with outdoor temp. I hope it's just broke in and that's the end of it. I have a friend with an early 15' who has the same issue, much worse than mine and he too said he hasn't noticed it since we cooled off. We both live in Colorado at 7000'. It's 10 degrees right now. I will say to that between said trolls and the folks that try to prove who is trolling and who isn't this site isn't as great as it used to be. Hard to find info when most of the reading is a giant pissing contest. Just a thought. A late Merry Christmas.

It has defiantly become a sore spot for those who have no experience with this issue. And an easy one to troll them with too.

levi'sford 12-26-2015 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by zeroo (Post 15894493)
It has defiantly become a sore spot for those who have no experience with this issue. And an easy one to troll them with too.

I don't disagree, but I will say I have personally experienced this issue and the fact that it hasn't happened since we hace gone into late fall and now winter. I had 6.0s, so I remember issues like this. On the flip side it's frustrating to see a topic that is relevant, even if a troll, and have to sort through all the BS. I don't really have a solution. Not sure what trolls think they will gain. There is plenty of negative info on every truck online. Doesn't really impact buying decisions. I use forums to trouble shoot and get info. There are some folks here that are much smarter than myself when it comes to these trucks.

90pioneer 12-26-2015 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 15894112)

With SEIC high idle engaged it does.