Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Best floor mats and mudflaps? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1407822-best-floor-mats-and-mudflaps.html)

the_auto_tech 11-22-2015 09:41 AM

Best floor mats and mudflaps?

So, with it coming into winter now I've decided it would be best to check into mudflaps and floor mats. Generally I go with the WeaterTech floor liners, but for mudflaps I don't have a preference. This truck it would be nice to use a no-drill setup, but generally they don't have as good of coverage as others.

What do you guys go with?

Olytlr 11-22-2015 10:59 AM

Obviously Weather Tech for floor liners. I have no experience with mud flaps but I would assume WT mud flaps are top notch. Husky would be my second choice.

eriebasin 11-22-2015 11:25 AM

I have these mud flaps from Ford on the front and love them. They were a little more difficult to install, but are big and sturdy. They look great too. They stop a lot of stuff from getting on the truck and running boards.

KIT - MUDFLAP | Genuine Ford | CL3Z-16A550-L

On the back I put Weathertech no drill (as they did not need to be as big back there). They work good too; however, splash still gets on the tail pipe, a bit of the rear fenders and bumper (they could be a squeeze bigger); they are far enough from the ground not to hit curbs and such when backing into parking spaces.

Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

I go on an annual whitewater rafting trip; while camping there we drive up a super-steep muddy mountain road. Additionally, last year we had a lot of snow here and in OH where my family is from. I've tested them well!! Both were easy to install (the weathertech more as they were no drill). Both sets work well. The Ford set especially!

Good Luck.

the_auto_tech 11-22-2015 11:44 AM

I decided to go ahead and order the WeatherTech floor liners. I've had them in my last few vehicles and love them, so I decided to with them again. Never been let down by them.

As far as the mud flaps go it seems like the WeatherTechs are the go-to there as well. I've debated getting the window deflectors as well.

eriebasin 11-22-2015 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 15811589)
I decided to go ahead and order the WeatherTech floor liners. I've had them in my last few vehicles and love them, so I decided to with them again. Never been let down by them.

As far as the mud flaps go it seems like the WeatherTechs are the go-to there as well. I've debated getting the window deflectors as well.

I got the window deflectors as well; for some reason the passenger window's safety feature puts the window right back down a lot in hot weather. You can disable the safety feature by immediately (within 2 seconds per the book) putting the window back up. So it's been no big deal. The driver's window works great, most of the time. Even it will come back down once in a while in hot weather. Overall the window deflectors look & work great and I'd get them again; despite having to put the front windows up twice once in a while.

the_auto_tech 11-22-2015 12:11 PM

What purpose do the window deflectors serve besides being able to crack the windows in the rain?

eriebasin 11-22-2015 03:13 PM

Cracking open the windows in the rain, especially while driving, was the major reason i got them. Consequently, leaving the windows cracked while parked in the 95 plus degree heat we get here in KY helps a lot too. The interior stays way cooler!

AlaskanEx 11-22-2015 05:02 PM

I'm a big fan of Husky products, I have the weather beater floor mats, mud flaps front and read along with rear wheel well liners. I also have AVS vent visors, they help a lot on hot days keeping the windows cracked letting some air flow through the truck when it's parked.

awq134 11-23-2015 04:56 AM

I have husky liner mud flaps and couldn't be happier. They do require drilling one hole for each one, which I hit with some touch up paint to keep from rusting. As far as vent shades I went with avs stick on ones due to the aggravation I had with the in-channel ones I had on my last vehicle. They weren't creating an issue with the auto up feature, but they came loose after about a year because the adhesive wouldn't stay stuck to the felt that was in the "channel". It wasn't a ford, so this may not be an issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, another vote for weathertech floor liners. I dont' have them in m truck because I have a vinyl floor, but we have them in my wife's van and absolutely love them.

Robbgt 11-23-2015 09:42 AM

I have the weathertech no-drill mudflaps. They have worked well at keeping the snow accumulation down. It doesn't eliminate is but certainly helps.

Link:https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13088670

the_auto_tech 11-24-2015 08:12 AM

I may have to get the vent visors then. That sounds kinda nice being able to keep the windows cracked in the rain or being able to crack them during the summer without leaves falling in the truck.

Where are you guys getting your rear wheel well liners from? Weren't these a factory option?

Kinda leaning towards the WeatherTech mudflaps front and rear at this point.

What are your guys' thoughts on fender flares instead of mud flaps?

Robbgt 11-24-2015 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 15816636)
Where are you guys getting your rear wheel well liners from? Weren't these a factory option?

They were an option, however if your truck didn't come with them from the factory, they are spendy to pickup. They also don't provide as much coverage as some of the aftermarket ones. Mine were under $100 for the set made by Rugged Liners:
AS a note, I had to slightly modify the Rugged Liners to fit the weather tech no drill flaps. Think I just needed to drill a hole? I can't remember exactly, was fairly simple overall.

tseekins 11-24-2015 01:03 PM

My truck is getting a set of custom fit Husky Liners for the front and rear floors. The weathertech's were a bit more than I thought I wanted my bride to spend.

xr7gt390 11-24-2015 02:22 PM

I like the Nifty Catchalls because they are carpeted liners. They are custom fit and cover every inch. I've used weather-tec & husky as well both are great products. Can't go wrong with any of these. I put DuraFlaps on my current F250 and love them. They are the best mudflaps I've ever owned. They do a great job of knocking rocks down so my trailers aren't getting as beat up.

AlaskanEx 11-24-2015 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 15816636)

Dealer installed Item, I've never seen the Ford ones in real life.

Really like the Husky units though.

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g...psczvgaok4.jpg

Sportscape 11-25-2015 07:16 PM

I have the factory Ford Wheel well liners, they fit and look nice. I bought them from a Ford dealer on Ebay, about $120. I also use the Nifty Catchalls, they fit great and I prefer carpet also. Ford mudflaps also from Ebay.

karlduke 11-27-2015 02:30 AM

I have the Duraflaps and they do their job in keeping the mud off the sides of my truck.

wannafbody 12-10-2015 09:53 PM

Best floormats are Lund Carpet Catch All, they are similar to Bedrug material.

SBV45 12-30-2015 12:52 PM

I received a set of WeatherTech floor mats for Christmas. On my 2013 F150 Screw the driver side front fits as advertised. The passenger side front, not so much. There is a sizeable gap in the fit at the door post pillar. It comes with a "TechGrip III" Retention device kit for the front passenger side to hold down the mat. The instructions are a series of numbered black and white photos with no explanation or measurements where to place the retainers. Horrible documentation.

So I call WeatherTech customer service and after waiting on hold, I get a recording that I was #101 in the queue. I filled out their "Contact Us" form, but after reading a bunch of reviews I don't expect an answer any time soon.

The rear seat floor mat seems to fit well.

I found a .pdf on their website, but the pdf's are a digital version of what I already have.
Anybody have some good instructions on how to measure and install the retention devices for the front passenger side?

tseekins 12-30-2015 04:08 PM

I received the Husky Weather beater mats for Christmas for my Scab truck. The front mats fit great and the dual posts on the drivers side line up perfectly. However, they sent me the rear mat for an Screw truck when my print out clearly stated that I ordered the mat for the Scab. The only part that doesn't fit right is where the jack is located. Instead of send it back, I'll trim a little and make it fit. No worries.

eriebasin 12-30-2015 06:22 PM

We found my dad a 2008 F-150 126" WB single cab 4.6 V8 4x2 with 103,000 mi about a month a ago to use as a second vehicle. I got him the Husky Heavy Duty Floor Mats for Christmas based on recommendations earlier in this thread. They look great & fit perfectly. Husky makes a very nice product.

parcours 12-31-2015 06:33 PM

I went with the WeatherTech mud Flaps.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...0707cfce67.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...78c741d819.jpg

PIJoe 01-01-2016 04:56 PM

I have had WT floor mats for a long time, but this time I picked up a set of Rugged Ridge floor mats/liners off Amazon. I have tan, but here are the black ones. The treads are a LOT deeper than the WT mats, and are a lot less slippery. If I have to get another set of mats, it'll be these as of right now...

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...e8edd5ccde.jpg

I have the WT mudflaps, and they're great. They fit better than the Ford flaps. They both work fine, the WT flaps just line up better and have no weird mounting gaps.

NASSTY 01-02-2016 07:08 AM

I had Weathertech floor liners on my 2006 and my 2011. They looked great, fit great and provided a lot more coverage than regular floor mats. The only thing I didn't care for is the plastic-y, slippery feel. So I went with Husky X-act Contours in my 2014 and I couldn't be happier. The X-act Contours are rubber, no more slippery feeling.

1bigdan 01-10-2016 04:12 PM

i put husky floor liners in my '14 and used the weathertech mudflaps... i had w/t liners in my escape and wasn't all that impressed with them.... this is my first set of husky liners so we'll see how that goes...

the_auto_tech 01-27-2016 09:56 PM

Bumping this back up. I installed the WeaterTech floor liners and am extremely happy with the fit. I'm thinking I'll go with the WeaterTech mudflaps as well. Still on the fence about the window shades.

xr7gt390 01-27-2016 10:01 PM

I put the DuraFlaps on my F250. Out of all the mud flaps I've had in the past I like these the best. They hang low enough I'm not beating up the front of my trailers plus they are providing good coverage for my truck.

AlaskanEx 01-27-2016 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 15989192)
Bumping this back up. I installed the WeaterTech floor liners and am extremely happy with the fit. I'm thinking I'll go with the WeaterTech mudflaps as well. Still on the fence about the window shades.

AVS seemless.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pso1hacxws.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pso3ww9b88.jpg

the_auto_tech 01-31-2016 11:44 AM

I've gone back and forth about using bigger flares on this truck and I don't think I'm going to, especially with it being a Limited. The only way they would look good is if I painted them to match, but then in the winter when I run the smaller wheels and tires it'll look extremely goofy. My truck has the factory flares that are painted, so I'm thinking I'll just do mudflaps and call it a day. This way it'll still look good with the bigger wheels and tires and the smaller ones. On my F-250 I had 35's with aftermarket wheels and pocket style flares and a 4" lift and it was less than ideal once winter hit. The big tires sucked in slippery conditions but I didn't want to run a factory sized wheel and tire because of the lift and flares. This truck has been a Godsend this winter compared to it. I also had universal fit flaps on the F-250 and although they had good coverage, I cringed having to drill into the fenders, wheel liners, and flares. I'd rather have something that fits correctly this time which is why I'm leaning towards the WeatherTechs.

As far as the vent visors go I really like the ones that stick out a bit further and give better coverage, but the AVS seamless ones are very nice as well. I will be avoiding the in-channel style due to issues with the auto feature and wearing out the window channels prematurely.

the_auto_tech 03-14-2016 10:59 PM

Bumping this back up. Just ordered the WeatherTech mudflaps and the AVS seamless vent visors from Amazon. From the reading I've done they seem to be the most liked in each category.

dilas 03-15-2016 11:47 PM

I'm sold on Husky XACT Contour, it's similar to WeatherTech liners but the XACT feels more rubbery, flexible and not as slick rigid plastic as the WeatherTech liners. Easy to remove and shake with this "rubbery" Husky. The cost is similiar between both. Have yet to add mud flaps, am curious on this thread too.

MisterCMK 03-17-2016 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 16126466)
Bumping this back up. Just ordered the WeatherTech mudflaps and the AVS seamless vent visors from Amazon. From the reading I've done they seem to be the most liked in each category.

Do you have running boards on this truck?

AlaskanEx 03-17-2016 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 16132487)

His truck is a Limited so it has the factory power step boards.

the_auto_tech 03-17-2016 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 16132487)

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 16132495)
His truck is a Limited so it has the factory power step boards.

What ^ said. What's new these days Chris?

MisterCMK 03-17-2016 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by the_auto_tech (Post 16132504)
What ^ said. What's new these days Chris?

Same old same old except I got a new work truck. Lol

These F-150s sure are nice!

the_auto_tech 03-17-2016 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 16133513)
Same old same old except I got a new work truck. Lol

These F-150s sure are nice!

Very much so! I still have a place in my heart for the Amarillo, but as far as something to drive every day my Limited has been a Godsend.

Installed the AVS seamless vent visors tonight. Extremely nice and flow very nicely with the truck! The mudflaps are at the post office waiting to be picked up. :)

the_auto_tech 08-24-2017 02:33 PM

Just wanted to bump this up to mention I ended up going with the WeatherTech floor liners, WeatherTech no-drill flaps, AVS seamless visors, and the Husky Liner rear wheel well liners. I've always been a big fan of the WeatherTech liners. I liked their no-drill flaps so they could be put back to stock if need be if I didn't like them plus I think they offer good coverage. I didn't really want to drill into my almost 60,000 dollar truck putting universal flaps on it. The AVS seamless visors are beautiful plus they don't have the issue that the in-channel ones do with the auto feature. They blend in well and don't look like a 90's truck with the ones that stick out a ways. After lots of searching I decided to just get the Husky rear liners and I'm glad I did. They came with everything and fit great! Looks so much nicer back there now too.