Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1947 and Older Ford Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum42/)
-   -   Ain't no ford (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1404534-aint-no-ford.html)

GB SISSON 10-31-2015 12:28 AM

Ain't no ford

2 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd see if I could get away with a quick thread about what I got for free today. A friend stopped by yesterday and during one of our conversations he mentioned he dropped a tree onto his son's car and totaled it. I asked him what it was and he said a 98 acura, so I asked a bit more. He didn't know much so I stopped by and saw it. He had been trying to give it away to charity like the salvation army but they don't retrieve from the islands. He said he thought it would run but hadn't tried it. He gave me the signed title and shook his head as I peeled out what was left of the windshield and drove off towards home. I had to stop at a friends house to show it off, and off course stop at the little resort store to get beer. Got some funny looks. It has 122,000 on it, new tires and brakes all around, everything works, electric seats and all. It's in a slot in one of my sheds with a 220 volt heater in it and a blanket over the windshield to help dry it out. No idea on it's future but it sure drives nice. Google says it's 5 cyl inline, 200 hp @4600 rpm. It was my wife who urged me to put it in the shed with a heater so we can drive around in it tomorrow if it stops raining.... Thinking plywood roof and a pickup box, Aussie ute style cut into the trunk. 2 door long box or 4 door crew cab with short box, Or????

Matther777 10-31-2015 12:41 AM

Ummm convertible with a blower out of the hood! MadMax that sucker! :)

Lumbah 10-31-2015 10:27 AM

I see potential here!

GB SISSON 10-31-2015 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Matther777 (Post 15756313)
Ummm convertible with a blower out of the hood! MadMax that sucker! :)

Funny, I thought about a mad max party with a time limit like start at 10 am and finish by 5 or so. a couple different crews. I have lots of steel scrap and was gonna look on CL for a donor windshield, but could easily go with a two piece windshield in a 'V', like willowbilly's roadster.....All it would cost would be a keg of beer for the party-goers. :-X21 BTW the new mad max movie was an AMAZING thing. It defies description, one has to see it to get what I mean.

Tedster9 10-31-2015 10:46 AM

"Got some funny looks"

Ya think? LOL!! Gary, you were buying beer what did you expect? I'd have paid money to see that.

Lumbah 10-31-2015 11:12 AM

Mad Max isn't the same without Mel Gibson. I love the creative ways they put cars together!

willowbilly3 10-31-2015 02:17 PM

Take a jail bar cab and make one of these.

Craigslist Find: Half Car, Half Truck, Full Tilt Ugly - Street Legal TV

GB SISSON 10-31-2015 06:50 PM

Holy S#1T that is one hideous monster. Just in time for halloween night. I'm gonna go as a greasy, grimy gearhead then I won't have to change before I run over to the neighbors. Been tearing down a very stuck 59 ab and when they are stuck in just the right position they are really, really hard to get apart.....

willowbilly3 10-31-2015 07:04 PM

Haha, yeah just when I thought a grand am couldn't get more ghetto,lol.
I've been cleaning all day so the little monsters cab get to the door and in the garage.

GB SISSON 10-31-2015 09:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ran the old skidsteer up against it this afternoon. Lifted the wheels off the ground and shook it a bit,,, Pretty much just need a windshield and we;re good to go. Oh and the passenger window.. That could be plexiglass glued in with polyurethane marine sealer. I got the passenger door to latch by adjusting it with a splitting maul. . Seriously. Wife and I went out for a saturday afternoon tour.

Captain Sygo 10-31-2015 10:44 PM

Haha! My daughter is in the market for a car (about to graduate from college, wants a reliable beater) - lemme know if you're thinking of parting with it!

willowbilly3 11-01-2015 01:02 AM

I always wanted to take a beater car and epoxy all the seashells and stuff I found on the beach all over it. I think I hung around Port Townsend too long,lol.

Joe777 11-04-2015 01:15 AM

Oh ya, doing body work with a skid steer. Why didn't I think of that?

GB SISSON 11-04-2015 10:55 AM

Maybe because of potential fitment issues with the new (used) windshield???

mrcman58 11-04-2015 11:19 AM

I didnt know that the case company made a porta power, LOL :-X22