Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Sandblasting and body filler? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1395016-sandblasting-and-body-filler.html)

Cougar54 08-28-2015 04:21 PM

If you ever have to do this again and you want all filler removed, you might look for a place that removes rust and paint chemically by dipping. The place I use removes all filler, rust and paint. He has facilities to do full car bodies when necessary and can then e-coat after parts if that's what you want.

AXracer 08-28-2015 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by 52 Merc (Post 15601346)
Thanks for taking my words out of context, Chuck. It's always interesting to read your comments belittling others while making yourself into a big shot.

I really don't know what's got your panties in a bunch Wayne, But I do know that if you have a personal problem with me, that off line would be the proper place to discuss it. The forum is for passing on of help and information. I would have done exactly that except you have your PM and email shut off.
I do not try to "belittle others" or try to "make myself into a big shot", I merely try to pass on my experiences, knowledge and even my opinion. I'm sorry if you were offended by my disagreeing with something you said, I don't complain when you disagree or correct something I've posted, in fact I am more likely to thank you (or anyone else) for the correction. My email and PM is open, if you have a personal issue I suggest you take it there. Meanwhile I suggest you pop open a cold one and take a chill pill, it's the weekend. :-drink :-wink
I apologize to the OP for hijacking his post.

c91x 08-28-2015 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by AXracer (Post 15602165)
I really don't know what's got your panties in a bunch Wayne, But I do know that if you have a personal problem with me, that off line would be the proper place to discuss it. The forum is for passing on of help and information. I would have done exactly that except you have your PM and email shut off.
I do not try to "belittle others" or try to "make myself into a big shot", I merely try to pass on my experiences, knowledge and even my opinion. I'm sorry if you were offended by my disagreeing with something you said, I don't complain when you disagree or correct something I've posted, in fact I am more likely to thank you (or anyone else) for the correction. My email and PM is open, if you have a personal issue I suggest you take it there. Meanwhile I suggest you pop open a cold one and take a chill pill, it's the weekend. :-drink :-wink
I apologize to the OP for hijacking his post.

You preach nonsense like it's fact with no real knowledge. I could give many examples but I'll leave it at that.

yamagrant 08-28-2015 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by c91x (Post 15602283)
You preach nonsense like it's fact with no real knowledge. I could give many examples but I'll leave it at that.

AMEN BROTHER! Remember Howie from the show Fall Guy?:-X22

hulleywoodworking 08-28-2015 07:36 PM

You kids want to knock it off? I come here to learn about trucks, not to watch a pissing match. Take it offline, please.

56panelford 08-28-2015 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by cody919 (Post 15600686)
I just got my 54 F100 back from the sandblaster... I had them blast the entire truck and epoxy prime it. However, when I got it back, the truck still had body filler all over it (which was now covered in primer). I was under the impression that blasting would remove the body filler? I asked the owner and he told me to remove the filler, it would have to be done by a grinder because the metal would get to hot. Wondering if this is correct or if he just doesn't want to go back and fix it? Also, will I need to remove all body filler before I paint it? Looking for some opinions from those who have more experience than I do!

You should be able to see where there is any filler under the epoxy as it soaks in the paint and leaves flat looking spots.

56panelford 08-28-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by hulleywoodworking (Post 15602519)
You kids want to knock it off? I come here to learn about trucks, not to watch a pissing match. Take it offline, please.

Members need to express their opinions in the open, he always does, do a search.

hulleywoodworking 08-28-2015 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by 56panelford (Post 15602544)
Members need to express their opinions in the open, he always does, do a search.

We are not witnessing an expression of opinions. We are witnessing a flame war. The difference is in the tone and attitude-we can disagree with each other without making it personal. Once it gets personal, it becomes a flame war.

I'm new here, so maybe this behavour is the norm and accepted on this site. You tell me.

If it is, I'm sorry, I've got no time for it.

Yeah, I know-don't follow the thread, don't read the posts. Are we going to add another symbol to the status column, perhaps a giant ball of flame, to warn the members that the post has turned from the topic at hand so those of us who don't want to see it are warned?

Wouldn't it be easier to just act like adults? Go beat the crap out of each in the parking lot if you want, but leave the rest of us out of it. And for the guys who enjoy watching the fight, join the fighters out in the parking lot, not here.

End of thread hijack.

sawmaned 08-28-2015 08:13 PM

bondo

this will make all you laugh,i sandblasted a 61 f100 fender once and it was almost 1/2 bodo,i started grinding away till I hit wire mess,went to the back side did the same,somebody made half the fender all out of bondo,no metal at all,and I owned this truck 17 years before I started to restore it,no signs ,look very good,the amount of time that must have been into this is crazy,back to this thread I would grind it all off and see what you have to work with as what has been posted already,