Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   AC Vacum problem (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1390795-ac-vacum-problem.html)

brokedown48 07-30-2015 04:35 PM

AC Vacum problem

this doesn't make any since to , what's going is, sometimes the AC starts blowing warm air, I found out if I goose it I can hear what sounds like the damper door slamming shut, then AC starts blowing cold again. I changed out electric vacuum pump, but it still does it, starting to get worse & its hot.
Truck is a 2002 f250 powerstroke, the way I understand it, is only thing vacuum pump is supposed to control is AC & 4 wheel locks, my truck is only 2wd. I don't understand why when when I goose it ,it goes to working, what can I do to fix this, any help will be appreciated THANKS
I just found out the " heat and cool "adjustment is electrical, not vacuum, it goes to something under dash, but I have no idea what it is, heat strip, reastat(sp)??? where and what damper am I hearing. It is not like heater is on ,not that hot, feels like ambient temp, im at a loss

Just Strokin 07-30-2015 05:43 PM

sounds like a vacuum leak of some kind....maybe a bad blend door motor....or maybe some vacuum hose under hood have deteriorated from heat....or...with truck running, would get on passenger side and move controls and listen for possible leaks...

brokedown48 07-30-2015 06:17 PM

I had dash dropped and could see most all stuff, but still couldn't find leak . I even took off the vacuum reservoir and tested it. I cant locate any damper that would do this, I have moved all that I can see. I'm stumped. Thanks

projectSHO89 07-30-2015 07:50 PM

Busted temperature blend door. Extremely common.

brokedown48 07-30-2015 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by projectSHO89 (Post 15538574)
Busted temperature blend door. Extremely common.

Where exactly is the temp blend door & how do I get to it,
Thanks for the info, that's a start ,now to see if I can figure it out

projectSHO89 07-31-2015 07:06 AM

It's in the dash to the left of the glovebox. You either take the whole dash out to get to it or you cut a hole into the interior panels of the dash to get to it.

I'd suggest google searches of the part, you'll find many resources for information.

brokedown48 07-31-2015 09:35 AM

Thanks for the replies , I think I will try and tear into today , again thanks ,I wouldn't have had any idea where to start without the help

brokedown48 08-11-2015 09:43 PM

I thought I found & fixed problem ,but no. it didn't work, I took electrical box off what I think is blend door ( electric control box works) I put a piece of key way in door slot & ty wrapped it closed, I took cover off heater core,so I could see what I was doing, the key way fit good & would & close door. But it is still doing the same thing, Any ideas, I need help Thanks