Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Edge Performance CTS for my 2005 6.8L, V-10 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1384660-edge-performance-cts-for-my-2005-6-8l-v-10-a.html)

kurtsilverstein 06-21-2015 09:11 AM

Edge Performance CTS for my 2005 6.8L, V-10

I am interested in installing an Edge Performance CTS. I cannot find any reviews and this makes me nervous. Any recommendations? I want the ability to monitor my engine systems due to the age of the vehicle and would like to get improved engine/transmission function as the engine and transmission move on in years and mileage. I have a Banks engine chip which has been in my vehicle for years and assume it will need to be removed. I do not have any adjustability or monitoring capability with the current set up. I hope someone can advise. Thx

Apocalypse 06-21-2015 09:24 AM

One word:

5 star tuning and the sct tuner

agsmv1 06-21-2015 09:50 AM

I have an Edge programmer although older, but from my research, they are hard on the transmission. As Apoc stated the go to tuning for 6.8L is 5-Star and if you want something similar to a CTS you can go with a SCT livewire. One other note, the transmission complaints were for a diesel..Here is a link to 5-star... Got a 1997-2010 V10 6.8L ? - 5 Star Tuning

-Art

5 Star Tuning 06-22-2015 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by kurtsilverstein (Post 15447665)
I am interested in installing an Edge Performance CTS. I cannot find any reviews and this makes me nervous. Any recommendations? I want the ability to monitor my engine systems due to the age of the vehicle and would like to get improved engine/transmission function as the engine and transmission move on in years and mileage. I have a Banks engine chip which has been in my vehicle for years and assume it will need to be removed. I do not have any adjustability or monitoring capability with the current set up. I hope someone can advise. Thx

kurtsilverstein,

We have many options available for your vehicle that will offer monitoring capabilities, increased power/torque, improved throttle response, economy and driveability. All of these changes can be accomplished with our tunes to meet your driving style, usage as well as maintaining your vehicles reliability. The Banks system would need to be removed prior to installing ours or any other performance chip/tuner/etc.

Give us a call or an email and we will be happy to speak in much more detail about all of your tuning options.

5 Star Tuning 06-22-2015 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Apocalypse (Post 15447701)
One word:

5 star tuning and the sct tuner

Originally Posted by agsmv1 (Post 15447763)
I have an Edge programmer although older, but from my research, they are hard on the transmission. As Apoc stated the go to tuning for 6.8L is 5-Star and if you want something similar to a CTS you can go with a SCT livewire. One other note, the transmission complaints were for a diesel..Here is a link to 5-star... Got a 1997-2010 V10 6.8L ? - 5 Star Tuning

-Art

Thank you both for the recommendation! We really appreciate you guys!

1 Excursion camper 06-22-2015 11:18 AM

I'll 3rd the 5star tuning. I wish I would've gotten it right away back in 06 when I bought my X.

WE3ZS 06-22-2015 11:29 AM

Add me to the list of happy 5Star users!

robert_l_ross 06-22-2015 11:37 AM

Add me as well, the 5Star rocks!

jp petracco 06-22-2015 08:50 PM

i just got my 5 star tuning with 5 tunes and have some working out to do. Mileage is poor, accord to overhead display at 7 miles per gal but I know I need to adjust speedo and and hand calc mileage. Weather in 87Octan /Performace OR economy. disappointing when I see double digits on here.

Service is GREAT so I am certain its a tweak. its an issue when looking for power up bridge, AC goes to defroster..... AC guy said all is well and may need more vac space or could be a tune issue.....??? perplexed but they are great at 5Star so its in my court to fix with them

Apocalypse 06-23-2015 02:11 AM

JP, sounds like you have a vacuum issue.