Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Products (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum66/)
-   -   Rolf dvd (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1382575-rolf-dvd.html)

LinusHell 06-07-2015 11:53 AM

Rolf dvd

Dont know if it belongs herr :)

I havet just bought a Ford excursion 2004.
And i wanted to tre The dvd in The sealing. (Im from Sweden)
And The screen says, wrong region: /
So now my question are, can you change the region on it??

Have been looking on google for a solution. Found nothing about it.

So i hope someone can help me: :)

Cheers

Linus

auburngrad 06-08-2015 01:30 PM

I assume you bought and had the Excursion shipped over to Sweden?

If that is the case, your DVD player would only work with DVD's from North America, sold for use in North America.

I think the region lock is pointless, but it is built into the coding of the DVD player. You would have to install a Swedish or maybe European region DVD player to get it to work. The screen should work with the new player.

LinusHell 06-08-2015 01:56 PM

Do you know were i can buy an europen dvd?

I think its poitless :/
Starting to lose hoper.

Have calld Ford sweden, they dident know how to fix it :(

Thanks for The help.

auburngrad 06-08-2015 02:08 PM

I'm sorry I dont.

I'm sure there are some to be found online. Though I'm doubt you will find anything that is plug and play (simple replacement).

I would assume there are some car audio shops that would be able to do this over there. Or maybe Ford Sweden has a DVD player they sell for a car sold there, that might work.

JWA 06-10-2015 06:25 AM

If the installed DVD player is indeed Region 1 only and its not feasible to replace it with one suitable to media more common in your area it might be better to use a software program to copy or rip a DVD made for one region and convert it to your native region.

I use a program called Video ReDo but don't know if it has that capability. I mention it only to have a starting point if a conversion program is of interest.

Travis S 03-19-2016 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by LinusHell (Post 15418381)
Do you know were i can buy an europen dvd?

I think its poitless :/
Starting to lose hoper.

Have calld Ford sweden, they dident know how to fix it :(

Thanks for The help.

In cases such as this, Ford is just a reseller of various items from different manufacturers, akin to retail stores such as Walmart.

When one of my friends imported a very rare car from Japan (a 1990 Eunos Cosmo), the exceedingly rare Car Control System CRT screen was 'rolling', indicating a problem with the Vertical Hold. Mazda of North America was of little help, same with Mazda of Japan. Even a fellow I know whom retired from Mazda Japan (Takaharu Kobayakawa, Project Manager of the RX7/Rotary Engine section) was unable to offer any assistance. So I had my buddy pull the CCS Screen out and get pictures. It was manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Co. which has an office here in Ohio.

Removing the DVD player and examining it for manufacturer markings would get you in the right direction. Could you obtain pictures of it for us? I'm quite talented with identifying manufacturers based on their corporate logos. There is a good chance the device's manufacturer has a procedure to re-region the device, much the same as one can do with a DVD-ROM/RW drive for a computer. With a computer DVD drive, it can only be re-regioned a set number of times (usually 4) before it becomes locked to the last set region.

As the vehicle in question is a large truck/SUV from an American manufacture for the North American market, Delphi seems like a logical starting point for locating the manufacturer. If it were a Japanese vehicle, Mitsubishi Electric would be my starting point.

Every problem has a solution if you view it correctly.

Edit: After a quick look on EBAY and a little luck, my hunch was right after all. Here is what I found: http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-05-Ford-Excursion-OEM-Rear-Seat-Overhead-DVD-2C7T10E970-Climate-Control-/221745331482?nma=true&si=5PZ8w5JEBTXmg3jSrouU%252F8fEpsM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Delphi did manufacture the DVD player as part# 12233160. It says "Delco Electronics", but it is the same company. Delco is just the old legacy name for when they were a division of General Motors. GM operates in Europe under the Vauxhall and Opel brands.

Did some digging and found they have a regional office in Luxembourg
European, Middle Eastern & African Regional OfficesCustomer Technology CenterAvenue de LuxembourgL-4940 BascharageG.D. of LuxembourgTel: [352] 50.18.1Fax: [352] 50.18.22.88If their European offices are anything like the American ones whom I've dealt with multiple times before, they will have excellent customer service and will be more than happy to help find a solution.