Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Final update on stolen f250... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1381388-final-update-on-stolen-f250.html)

nance459 05-30-2015 05:47 PM

Final update on stolen f250...

Well guys, believe it or not it was recovered last night--after I bought a new truck :(... Sorry, but you will probably hate me because I didn't go with a Ford, decided to go new after the terrible adventure with the Harley, hated the 6.7 interior, just didn't float my boat, sorry guys, will miss you all terribly, doubt I will ever find such a wonderful group as you all. I do still own the Escape, so not completely out of the Ford group, still love that little SUV. Hope I can drop in and say hi from time to time. Thanks again for all the support you all gave when I was trying to fix up the 6.0 and after it was stolen. Just can't believe it was sitting for a month on a residential street in a town only 7 miles from here...Nance

dannyboy950 05-30-2015 08:12 PM

No hate here just glad ya found it, too bad it wasn't before ya bought a new truck.
Especially one you do not really like.

Yahiko 05-30-2015 08:48 PM

There is no need to be sorry.

Like I said on the phone, It what you like and meets your needs,
If your happy with something that is all that counts.

Now the big curiosity question. What shape was it in when they found it?

You might be able to get someone here to make you an offer on it
if you buy it back and make a little on it in the process.

Sean https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...455b8d603e.gif

69cj 05-30-2015 08:49 PM

So what did you get. Give all the details. We don't hate other brands. Just like our Fords.

nance459 05-30-2015 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 15397201)
There is no need to be sorry.

Like I said on the phone, It what you like and meets your needs,
If your happy with something that is all that counts.

Now the big curiosity question. What shape was it in when they found it?

You might be able to get someone here to make you an offer on it
if you buy it back and make a little on it in the process.

Sean https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...455b8d603e.gif

Didn't get to see it because title already changed hands...Can't buy back with AAA...

nance459 05-30-2015 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 69cj (Post 15397202)
So what did you get. Give all the details. We don't hate other brands. Just like our Fords.

OK if you really want to hear.. it's a Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7, It has auto level rear suspension, leather heated/cooled automatic bucket seats, heated second row seats, 5th wheel prep, dual alternator, remote start, GPS Nav, two cameras parking and bed, 20 inch polished chrome tires, spray in bed liner, power fold away mirrors, Anti-spin differential rear axle, 4x4, power rear window with defrost, lots more standard, just got it home (we left it to add lo-jack...wonder why)... The leather dash was totally gorgeous and the seats are so very comfortable..... It's almost as quiet as the Ford 6.7 but the auto level rear suspension will really come in handy...

nance459 05-30-2015 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboy950 (Post 15397119)
No hate here just glad ya found it, too bad it wasn't before ya bought a new truck.
Especially one you do not really like.

Really should read what I write before I post is...lol, actually I love the new truck. Just would have happily kept the old one after we paid to semi-bullet proof her..

diesel_dan 05-30-2015 11:30 PM

Sorry, but I have to say: at least it's a Dodge/Fiat - GM could learn a thing or two from outside ownership -- it only made the Rams better, just my opinion of course...

All the best to you Nance, and keep the shiny side up! (racing term)

04badford 05-30-2015 11:30 PM

Well, glad they found it, Not glad there's no buy back. I'm Happy you found a Vehicle and always happy to Help Nance. WOW there's a lot of Happy :-huh:-X04 your always welcome here and come on over to the Nor Cal Chapter and drop a joke or two:-X22

04badford 05-30-2015 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by nance459 (Post 15397576)
OK if you really want to hear.. it's a Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7, It has auto level rear suspension, leather heated/cooled automatic bucket seats, heated second row seats, 5th wheel prep, dual alternator, remote start, GPS Nav, two cameras parking and bed, 20 inch polished chrome tires, spray in bed liner, power fold away mirrors, Anti-spin differential rear axle, 4x4, power rear window with defrost, lots more standard, just got it home (we left it to add lo-jack...wonder why)... The leather dash was totally gorgeous and the seats are so very comfortable..... It's almost as quiet as the Ford 6.7 but the auto level rear suspension will really come in handy...

BOOOO ( kidding) I see a lot of those trucks on the road:-X22

brandonrr 05-31-2015 12:42 AM

sorry to hear the truck was found too late, but congrats on the new rig! I hope insurance pays/paid you enough for the 6.0.

I like ford, but if I was to buy a new diesel, it would be something with a cummins. Probably the new Nissan Titan diesel or dare I say it, RAM. It would be strictly because of the engine and option of a manual transmission in the RAM. From what I've seen, cummins seems to manage the emissions equipment better.

F250_6.0_Myers 05-31-2015 05:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your stolen 6.0. After what mine has cost me in the last 12 months alone in just the 5 years I've had it, I wish a tornado would suck mine up and chunk it somewhere far away.

Shaneb75 05-31-2015 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by F250_6.0_Myers (Post 15399068)
Sorry to hear about your stolen 6.0. After what mine has cost me in the last 12 months alone in just the 5 years I've had it, I wish a tornado would suck mine up and chunk it somewhere far away.

Drop it off in Moore Ok. It's bound to get hit by a Tornado sooner or later.... }>

Sarge261 05-31-2015 06:53 PM

Keep us posted on the comparison between the 6.0 and the new Ram. I almost signed on the dotted line 2 years ago on a new Ram just couldn't justify it and honestly I love my truck to much to get rid of it.

But Id like to know for sure. I have a customer that went from an 05 6.0 and traded up to a 14 Ram 6.7, all he does now is harass me about my truck. I don't listen to him cause hes the type of guy when the warranty is gone and he has to start to pay for repairs he will hate the Ram too, hes 1 of those guys.

I drove both the Ram and a GMC 3500HD, I wasn't really WOW'd by either of them but the Ram had it over the GMC. Neither of them compared to my 6.0 as far as power IMHO, but my truck is far from stock.

Good luck with the new truck I hope it treats you well.

Sarge

sky Cowboy 05-31-2015 07:10 PM

Enjoy the new Ram 2500 those are a nice truck.