Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   UPDATE: our efforts to recover stolen f250 hits the news (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1378218-update-our-efforts-to-recover-stolen-f250-hits-the-news.html)

nance459 05-11-2015 07:53 PM

UPDATE: our efforts to recover stolen f250 hits the news

our story will be on channel 11 news at 6pm! in san jose, ca
here's a link to the story:http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...303354781.html

dannyboy950 05-11-2015 08:49 PM

cool maybe some one will come forward with something usefull.

nance459 05-11-2015 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboy950 (Post 15346539)
cool maybe some one will come forward with something usefull.

funny thing was that I was going to call the insurance company today and then I got a call from the the news, guess I will give it a little longer.
thanks,
Nance

Toreador_Diesel 05-12-2015 07:59 AM

This may work to your advantage to get the thieves caught and your truck recovered. This happened to friend of mine in 2009.

Not long after he got married, he bought a house, it caught fire, and literally burned to the ground. The fire was so bad that him and his wife made the news.

They were staying with his in-laws and while he was asleep, his wife took his truck to go shopping. He had previously told her not to take his truck to go to the store due to the area. (shady area) She took his truck anyhow since she couldn't find her keys and a couple hours later he gets a phone call from his wife:

Wife: "Hey, did you come get your truck?"

Husband: "No, why?"

Wife: "S@%*!!!!!"

Husband: "Somebody stole my truck huh? I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE IT!"

The long and short of it: the news was following his story and this made the story more interesting with his truck being stolen. His truck was shown on the news and needless to say was recovered quickly. (day or so) This put his insurance company under the gun as they were now in the public eye and had to make this guy happy, otherwise they'd get some bad press.

The thieves blew the headgaskets on his truck and his insurance company gladly paid to get the damage and whatever else on his truck fixed.

So hopefully your truck is recovered soon

nance459 05-12-2015 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel (Post 15347499)
This may work to your advantage to get the thieves caught and your truck recovered. This happened to friend of mine in 2009.

Not long after he got married, he bought a house, it caught fire, and literally burned to the ground. The fire was so bad that him and his wife made the news.

They were staying with his in-laws and while he was asleep, his wife took his truck to go shopping. He had previously told her not to take his truck to go to the store due to the area. (shady area) She took his truck anyhow since she couldn't find her keys and a couple hours later he gets a phone call from his wife:

Wife: "Hey, did you come get your truck?"

Husband: "No, why?"

Wife: "S@%*!!!!!"

Husband: "Somebody stole my truck huh? I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE IT!"

The long and short of it: the news was following his story and this made the story more interesting with his truck being stolen. His truck was shown on the news and needless to say was recovered quickly. (day or so) This put his insurance company under the gun as they were now in the public eye and had to make this guy happy, otherwise they'd get some bad press.

The thieves blew the headgaskets on his truck and his insurance company gladly paid to get the damage and whatever else on his truck fixed.

So hopefully your truck is recovered soon

What an awful thing to happen, hopefully it will help locate it, but it is our last ditch effort...plus hopefully it helps locate the girl.

04badford 05-12-2015 07:26 PM

Your a Movie Star Nance:D, that's cool the news crew made this for you guys :-X22 is it Ok to post the link on my time line? better to keep the Family aware and on the look out some of them are 3 or 4 blocks from ya'll.

nance459 05-12-2015 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 04badford (Post 15349237)
Your a Movie Star Nance:D, that's cool the news crew made this for you guys :-X22 is it Ok to post the link on my time line? better to keep the Family aware and on the look out some of them are 3 or 4 blocks from ya'll.

PLEASE do! Ask them to share it also...hopefully their friends will too, maybe then I will have a fighting chance... THANKS!

Maxium4x4 05-12-2015 09:07 PM

That is a pretty good story, hope you find the truck in one piece since they probably ditched it.

04badford 05-12-2015 09:48 PM

I posted it again Nance:-X22

nance459 05-12-2015 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maxium4x4 (Post 15349556)
That is a pretty good story, hope you find the truck in one piece since they probably ditched it.

Thanks so much.

nance459 05-12-2015 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by 04badford (Post 15349680)
I posted it again Nance:-X22

Thanks, so very appreciated!