Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Carrier bearing housing bugging me. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1377399-carrier-bearing-housing-bugging-me.html)

ruschejj 05-06-2015 04:15 PM

Carrier bearing housing bugging me.

So, this 2015 truck is the first long bed chassis I've had since back in 2005-6.

I think I'm getting vibrations from that carrier assembly at various speeds and different kinds of vibrations. Honestly I think all long bed trucks have situations where there is something out of whack, but it's bugging me.

Has anyone gotten under there and moved the drive shaft around by hand, pushing/pulling/whacking to see how it moves and get a feel for the way it's made? I really think the rubber bushing around the bearing that allows it to flex is way too soft. It's too easy to push around and I would bet money that this soft cushion around that shaft is allowing it to move around on its own in undesirable ways.

I did a quick search and am surprised to find zero replacements or upgrades? Is it because I'm not looking in the right places? I want a urethane bushing in there that holds it nice and firm.

Anyone have a fix?

senix 05-06-2015 06:52 PM

Mine is pretty solid. Nothing moves on mine.

I was just under there last week. I crawl under there a lot to check things as I do a far amount of running thru fields and stuff.

I don't think there is an aftermarket fix either.

I have the usual unloaded bounce around 40 mph but that really doesn't bother me. Go a little faster and it is smooth.

dualwheels66 05-06-2015 08:40 PM

The only thing I have found to fix the issue is traction bars. I haven't done it yet but it's on the list.

dualwheels66 03-20-2016 07:35 AM

I was searching though my old threads and came across this one. So have you found an aftermarket carrier bearing that doesn't have so much movement? I was under the truck the other day and used the driveshaft to pull myself in and was surprised how much give was in that bushing, geez. That could be the vibration I was looking for. I did find out that both the transfer case and rear diff were 1 quart low on fluid, that didnt make me feel too good either but I took care of that. I also didnt like how dirty the oil was in the rear diff. I will have to change that oil and maybe find some better oil.

Rattler1 03-20-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by dualwheels66 (Post 16139096)
I was searching though my old threads and came across this one. So have you found an aftermarket carrier bearing that doesn't have so much movement? I was under the truck the other day and used the driveshaft to pull myself in and was surprised how much give was in that bushing, geez. That could be the vibration I was looking for. I did find out that both the transfer case and rear diff were 1 quart low on fluid, that didnt make me feel too good either but I took care of that. I also didnt like how dirty the oil was in the rear diff. I will have to change that oil and maybe find some better oil.

How many miles do you have on the oils?

dualwheels66 03-20-2016 03:35 PM

I just rolled over 36000. Way too early to be worried about those oils but I am glad I checked.