Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Air bag light code (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1359062-air-bag-light-code.html)

chesster51 01-27-2015 04:26 PM

Air bag light code

Getting what I assume is a 32 code. Light flashes 3 times then pauses and flashes 2 times then repeats. I see code 32 says: DRIVER SIDE AIR BAG CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE OR OPEN (CODE 32)

What do I have to do to correct this. I primarily just want the light to go away, but I think I read that if you just remove the bulb it will result in warning beeps?

ncranchero 01-27-2015 05:32 PM

It will beep until you go nuts! There are diagnostics you can perform but an overwhelming percentage of the time it will prove to be the clock-spring. Your 94 (and mine ) are relatively inexpensive compared to the 95-96.

F4TZ14A664B FORD or 525-200 DORMAN

chesster51 01-27-2015 06:35 PM

Thanks for the info. I know sometimes the horn and cruise will not work when clock spring is bad, but mine both work fine. What type of diagnostic procedure would indicate that is definitely the clock spring?

Edit: is it possible to remove the bulb and also deactivate whatever makes the beeping?

ncranchero 01-27-2015 07:28 PM

I can email it to you. PM me your email addy here or FTC.

ncranchero 01-27-2015 07:59 PM

But, you'd need an air bag simulator which is probably as much as the clockspring. Sending you an email

dixie460 01-28-2015 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by chesster51 (Post 15034516)
Thanks for the info. I know sometimes the horn and cruise will not work when clock spring is bad, but mine both work fine. What type of diagnostic procedure would indicate that is definitely the clock spring?

Edit: is it possible to remove the bulb and also deactivate whatever makes the beeping?

If the horn and cruise work it still doesn't rule out the possibility of the clockspring, but it could also be a faulty squib (detonator charge) in the airbag itself or something in the harness. That or something in the harness has come loose.

Pulling the bulb will make the module beep. Unplugging the diagnostic module (blue box under the dash) will make it STFU.

Note that it's against the law to disable your airbags :-blah

ncranchero 01-28-2015 05:34 AM

Always a possibility but I have yet to find a bad air bag, several clock springs though. IIRC that's the LFC mine is is throwing and I'll fix it, after I switch in a better column (which may have a good clock spring) I personally like air bags.

chesster51 02-05-2015 06:07 PM

Well guys I had to pull the cluster to replace a burnt out turn signal indicator bulb and while I was in there I inserted a piece of black cardboard in the tunnel to cover the bulb. Works good no light comes through. I will eventually replace the clock spring, but for now this works.

Holmesuser01 02-08-2015 07:58 PM

The clockspring replacement is not hard at all. I did one this summer on my '94.