Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Power fold mirrors stopped working (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1355461-power-fold-mirrors-stopped-working.html)

MikeRizz 01-07-2015 03:45 PM

Power fold mirrors stopped working

My mirrors will not power fold in or out anymore? They will still retract/and extend as well as adjust. But no power fold. I checked the fuse and it is good. I am guessing the switch may be faulty? Anyone had this issue?

dlibson 01-07-2015 06:18 PM

I'm assuming you know the switch needs to be in the middle, not the left or right mirror position. If not, do that.

If you do, switch would be next culprit. Then the mirrors themselves. But that would be odd to lose both right away. Also, I have had them freeze.

senix 01-08-2015 05:18 AM

You can take it loose and see if the connections are bad but honestly I can't see how some of it works and rest does not.

MikeRizz 01-08-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by dlibson (Post 14975000)
I'm assuming you know the switch needs to be in the middle, not the left or right mirror position. If not, do that.

If you do, switch would be next culprit. Then the mirrors themselves. But that would be odd to lose both right away. Also, I have had them freeze.

Yes I did know that.

I will source a switch and try replacing it. Agreed I cannot see both mirrors failing at the same time.

MikeRizz 01-08-2015 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 14976188)
You can take it loose and see if the connections are bad but honestly I can't see how some of it works and rest does not.

I though of this but the way you power close them is a different position on the switch. So I assume it is possible just that contact failed.

hotairgypsy 01-08-2015 11:56 PM

before you replace the switch you can test it out very easy...pull the switch panel on the top of the door and look at the plug going to the switch. There is one wire which goes directly to the power fold relay. it is a momentary ground trigger so all you have to do is tap it to ground and if the mirrors fold in or out then you know it is the switch. if it doesnt then it is probably the relay. keep in mind you can test the switch also and check the one wire goes to ground when you pull down to trigger the mirrors to fold in.

think the wire you are looking for is grey/brn wire...test it with a VOM meter and you will know

if you land up needing a relay write me...i sell them on fleabay(321544244172) cheaper than anyone

MikeRizz 01-09-2015 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by hotairgypsy (Post 14978991)
before you replace the switch you can test it out very easy...pull the switch panel on the top of the door and look at the plug going to the switch. There is one wire which goes directly to the power fold relay. it is a momentary ground trigger so all you have to do is tap it to ground and if the mirrors fold in or out then you know it is the switch. if it doesnt then it is probably the relay. keep in mind you can test the switch also and check the one wire goes to ground when you pull down to trigger the mirrors to fold in.

think the wire you are looking for is grey/brn wire...test it with a VOM meter and you will know

if you land up needing a relay write me...i sell them on fleabay(321544244172) cheaper than anyone

Great info I will try this this weekend. Thanks!

MikeRizz 06-06-2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hotairgypsy (Post 14978991)

This process was spot on! Thank you. In my case the switch was bad. Ordered a new one ( about $30 ) and all is working again.

Larry NCKS 11-20-2015 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by senix (Post 14976188)

I can! Just went through it over on Super Duty forum. Both the power fold function and main mirror down function, anything that required a backwards pull of the switch, was gone. Pin 1 (B+) to 4 (Fold/Unfold) had no continuity on an ohmmeter. I would have found the same on the raise/drop pins had I checked those.

ka2rkv 01-25-2017 10:28 AM

Does anyone if the power extend is on a different circuit? I lost all function except the extend/retract function.

Brad Hollinger 04-19-2021 02:18 PM

Where does relay plug in for 2011 F350 folding mirrors?

[QUOTEi =hotairgypsy;14978991]before you replace the switch you can test it out very easyi...pull the switch panel on the top of the door and look at the plug going to the switch. There is one wire which goes directly to the power fold relay. it is a momentary ground trigger so all you have to do is tap it to ground and if the mirrors fold in or out then you know it is the switch. if it doesnt then it is probably the relay. keep in mind you can test the switch also and check the one wire goes to ground when you pull down to trigger the mirrors to fold in.

if you land up needing a relay write me...i sell them on fleabay(321544244172) cheaper than anyone[/QUOTE]

Dealer pulled relay for folding mirrors, but didn’t tell me where it plugs in. I purchased a replacement but have no idea where to attach.