Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum40/)
-   -   Interior colors for 65 F250 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1355143-interior-colors-for-65-f250.html)

Mike54 01-05-2015 10:08 PM

Interior colors for 65 F250

Couple question about what my interior colors are supposed to be.
The color code on the truck is JM Rangoon Red/Wimbledon White. What color did the door panels come in and what about the armrests? Currently the door panel is white and the armrest is red. But I'm not sure they're original. What about the seat color. The current one is black but again I don't know that it's original.

Does anybody have any experience with the ABS door panels sold by LMC truck, NPD etc. Do they hold up for a while or do they get brittle and break apart quickly?

Also does any body have a source for dash pads? Mine is falling apart and I may just have to go to a bare dash.

Thanks

NumberDummy 01-06-2015 08:08 AM

BODY code stamped on the 2nd line of the Warranty Plate, post what it is.

Carpenter and etc. have the padded dash, but be prepared for sticker shock.

Mike54 01-06-2015 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by NumberDummy (Post 14970386)
BODY code stamped on the 2nd line of the Warranty Plate, post what it is.

Carpenter and etc. have the padded dash, but be prepared for sticker shock.

Body code is E81. Is there an online reference for this?

NumberDummy 01-06-2015 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mike54 (Post 14970462)
Body code is E81.

The black seat cover is not original.

E81: E = Red Crush Vinyl & Red Ladder Pattern Woven Plastic / 81 = 81B Custom Cab.

rk-rex 01-06-2015 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mike54 (Post 14969638)
Couple question about what my interior colors are supposed to be.
The color code on the truck is JM Rangoon Red/Wimbledon White. What color did the door panels come in and what about the armrests? Currently the door panel is white and the armrest is red. But I'm not sure they're original. What about the seat color. The current one is black but again I don't know that it's original.

Does anybody have any experience with the ABS door panels sold by LMC truck, NPD etc. Do they hold up for a while or do they get brittle and break apart quickly?

Also does any body have a source for dash pads? Mine is falling apart and I may just have to go to a bare dash.

Thanks

Don't know if this helps or not, but I have the same truck (camper special) with the same body code. I am quite sure the interior is all original since I purchased it from the original owner who is a friend's grandfather. My armrests are red and so are the zip-open door panels.

fordpt 01-06-2015 12:39 PM

My 66 is same code. Black padded dash. the rest of dash is white. Door panels and storage white. Arm rest and rest of interior cab is red.

Mike54 01-06-2015 02:17 PM

Every data point helps. I'm not really trying to do a restoration, just clean up the interior a little and use it as an almost daily driver.
The seat needs to be redone so I'll take it to my upholstery guy and discuss it with him.
The dash is crumbling and sticker shock isn't the half of it for a new one. I've got red arm rests and my be able to clean them up and reuse them. All I see on line is black.

Another question; I ordered a rubber floor mat from LMC. I got it yesterday and unrolled in on a flat floor and while the driver's side seems like it will lay down flat in the truck the passenger side is another story. It's pretty wrinkled on that side, like there's too much material. Has anybody used one of these floor mats with success? I'm debating wether I should exchange it for another or just send it back.

Thanks again for any feedback.

yellodog 01-06-2015 08:08 PM

iv'e seen red armrests. dc i think?

Mike54 01-06-2015 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by yellodog (Post 14972261)
iv'e seen red armrests. dc i think?

Not DC, National Parts Depot.