Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1350509-jolly-green-giant-2015-f-350-kr-drw.html)

SavageNFS 09-12-2017 09:02 AM

Looks good Roy!

ExxWhy 09-12-2017 09:13 AM

If I ever do drywall again, it will be too soon!

What's up with no shower head anyway?

EO2SeaBee 09-12-2017 08:20 PM

I don't mind the taping and mudding as much as sanding afterward. Because I suck so badly at taping and floating, sanding is a huge task when I do drywall. Yours looks more better!

SavageNFS 09-13-2017 07:43 AM

I will NEVER dryall again :)

BBslider001 09-13-2017 08:11 AM

What do you guys hate about drywall? I have done some repair stuff and hate the mess after, but the work itself was alright. Just wondering...

Nice work Roy!

SavageNFS 09-13-2017 09:19 AM

I don't mind hanging it. Taping is the nightmare for me. I don't have the skills to get it perfect and that's what I strive for and never happens. Pro's can hang and tape in 2 passes usually. Sometimes a third skim around some questionable areas. Minimal sanding. I takes me more...much more. I'd rather watch paint dry without beer.

PlayersZ28 09-13-2017 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 17460748)
What do you guys hate about drywall? I have done some repair stuff and hate the mess after, but the work itself was alright. Just wondering...

Nice work Roy!

Repairs aren't so bad. It's when you have multiple rooms to do it gets boring.

Last house I removed walls and had to match up ceilings which took a lot of float work and mud. I also took off the popcorn ceiling so I had to skim 4 rooms. I usually sand off about 1/3 of the mud I put on :)

my_crib_too 09-13-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 17460950)
I don't mind hanging it. Taping is the nightmare for me. I don't have the skills to get it perfect and that's what I strive for and never happens. Pro's can hang and tape in 2 passes usually. Sometimes a third skim around some questionable areas. Minimal sanding. I takes me more...much more. I'd rather watch paint dry without beer.

Watching the pros finish drywall makes me appreciate their talent and skill. So fast, easy, with almost no mess or sanding.

bruce....

ExxWhy 09-13-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 17460748)

Nice work Roy!

Originally Posted by my_crib_too (Post 17461015)
Watching the pros finish drywall makes me appreciate their talent and skill. So fast, easy, with almost no mess or sanding.

bruce....

What those guys said. To me it takes some artistic talent to do it well. I have ZERO. Mudding and sanding 5 or 6 times to get a barely acceptable outcome is not good. That's me. Watching the pros do it is like watching the dude with the fro do a painting on PBS back in the day. He has a painting, I have "modern art" and a mess!

EO2SeaBee 09-13-2017 05:09 PM

Between the lack of professional tools for drywall, and the lack of professional talent for doing it, I'll apply 3 gallons of mud, and sand off 2. I also require perfection, and I don't find achieving it nearly as easy as the pros make it look.

Iowa Ford 09-13-2017 08:39 PM

Roy did you get wore out teaching yesterday ??

Sailor Roy 09-13-2017 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 (Post 17458217)
Was going to ask why you don't use cement board all the way up but then I noticed there was no shower head . Looks good.

There is a shower......The shower head hole has not been drilled yet.

If I was doing title.....cement board all the way. I am using a high quality surround solid plastic like material......

Sailor Roy 09-13-2017 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 17459972)
I don't mind the taping and mudding as much as sanding afterward. Because I suck so badly at taping and floating, sanding is a huge task when I do drywall. Yours looks more better!

I don't sand .........Learned to not need to.

Sailor Roy 09-13-2017 11:59 PM

Are you sure about that........:-huh:-huh

Sailor Roy 09-14-2017 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford (Post 17462326)
Roy did you get wore out teaching yesterday ??

Turned out to be a 1/2 day.......Went well. Chemistry work and lab.....
Yes, the building is still standing........:-X04

Then to the house......load up a bunch of trash piled in the driveway......to the dump.....
Back home.....Put the 5th wheel hitch back in the truck...... Off to Pierce RV to get the Montana....Been there 2 1/2 weeks and still can't fix the A/C short cycling..... My suggestions are not welcome, so I told them I'm taking it home.
Now there is a suspension sag problem on the port side......
Then a meeting out of town last night......

This morning started early with a call from Smith Eq. The network is down....Out of the house at 0730...... Long day. I finally pulled out my Springfield, pointed it at the Server and said, "I will make you real dead". System is up and running...... Not shots fired.....:-hair

Tomorrow morning is Lab work for my annual physical next week. Check up on the system at Smith Eq. Then I hope to get some work done on the bathroom........