Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Lkfldredneck's PSD (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1343622-lkfldrednecks-psd.html)

lkfldredneck 10-29-2014 08:52 PM

Lkfldredneck's PSD

4 Attachment(s)
Hey all, just bought a 1996 F250 PSD. 2wd auto, which i hate automatic!! I drive trucks for work and shift through 10 gears, so id much rather continue that driving my DD! but for now itll stay automatic. its a fairly nice truck, i have a few quick changes once i get it in my posession (I made a down payment, next week ill have it in my yard!) heres a few pics to get the idea of what she looks like

Attachment 291187
Attachment 291188
Attachment 291189
Attachment 291190

My first plan is taking those gawd awful mud flaps off, never liked mud flaps at all. they serve a purpose on certain rigs but non of mine! haha and ill take off that bug deflector. hopefully nothing hidden behind it!

Im goin to take those center caps off the rims. ones missing, so 3 just looks ****ed.

I need to get an parking brake cable, unless it just needs to be adjusted, after that ill safety it, e-test is already completed, then itll be on the road.

I plan on getting rid of the SD mirrors. dainty little pos car mirrors if you ask me. im pretty sure im goin to go with the swing away style that came on the trucks w/o power mirrors. And after that ill set up my CB with mirror mounted 3ft whips.

Getting rid of the Cat and Muffler is also on the list. Straight pipe for the win!

So, those are a few plans in about a months time. not sure what else ill do to it, but ive got a few ideas that i havent researched enough so ill do some more and figure it out.

This thread will be my somewhat build thread, if thats ok, if not tell me were to move it or move it for me!

Hope some people like my new truck, thank gawd im getting rid of my chevy :-drink

Thank ya for checkin out my thread!

Encho 10-29-2014 10:27 PM

It looks quite nice, I hope you enjoy it a lot. And welcome to FTE!.

lkfldredneck 11-01-2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Encho (Post 14779921)
It looks quite nice, I hope you enjoy it a lot. And welcome to FTE!.

Thanks man, and i should! its a ford and a diesel. whats not to love? :-jammin

One more week till its in my yard!

lkfldredneck 11-09-2014 08:18 AM

Well its finally in my yard! it has been for 2 days but i never got around to posting. Heres a few recent pics at my place

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9ad64046.jpg
She thought shed pose with the new truck!
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e339fc2.jpg

The parking brake issue is that its missing the equalizer and adjuster assembly. ill be picking one up ASAP

lkfldredneck 12-17-2014 02:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Its been a while and a lot of progress. Sadly no mods progress.

First i got the temp sticker, so i could drive it instead of my chevy. that day i got the 3ft whips on it, and the CB hooked up.
Attachment 290958
Attachment 290959
This was the first drive into town, parked at the hardware store to pick up some random ***** i needed.
Attachment 290960
That night i went to the Trucks of Ontario truck meet, good show of trucks yet it wasnt a very big meet. heres a few of my buddies trucks parked around mine.. i felt mine was a little too low :(
Attachment 290961
I took it to get safetied and E-tested, passed e test fine but failed safety with a few reasons that i never saw when checking out the truck. Needed a Lower left ball joint, Radius arm bracket, right rear leaf spring hanger, both rear parking brake cables, and it needed the rad support welded in a spot cause it rotted through. Got everything done so far minus the one parking brake cable which ill hopefully do soon cause my two temp stickers have run out and im kinda driving it illegaly :-innocent

This was Replacing the ball joint. ended up the guy at the parts store ordered one for an 86... not 96.. so i had to leave it for the night and ordered the right one for 9 in the morning. Got that done asap the next day.
Attachment 290962
Attachment 290963
Ended up trading my chrome grill for a black grill from a guy at work. needed a little touch up on paint but i like it a lot better than the chrome. and to finish it the INTERNATIONAL logo to replace the ford emblem.
Attachment 290964
Attachment 290965

Hopefully more progress soon. ill try to keep it posted

Diesel_Brad 12-17-2014 06:59 PM

How bad is the body work under the fresh paint? I see it is wavy but pics hide a lot

lkfldredneck 12-17-2014 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 14914428)
How bad is the body work under the fresh paint? I see it is wavy but pics hide a lot

I dont know what your talking about wavy, its not in person. or really in the pics?

EDIT: nevermind, i see it now. i didnt look at the first pics. but you cant see any wavyness in person, i think its just the new paint cause its all solid steel, no thud.

Diesel_Brad 12-18-2014 04:20 AM

I just find it funny they would paint the blue over(not the white) when there was no rust or dent work that needed to be done

dixie460 12-19-2014 04:59 PM

Looks good, I like the two tone paint. I don't like automatics either but it's what I got in my truck that had almost everything else I wanted. When it blows up I'm putting a 5 speed in. The only other thing mine had I didn't like was an electric-shift transfer case which took a dump, so I put in a manual case and manual hubs.

Good looking Shepherd you have too! I had one with almost the same markings. My now-ex wife claims he ran away while I was at work... not sure I believe that but whatever... nothing I can do about it cause I had lost animal reports filed everywhere and nothing ever came up.

LeoJr 12-19-2014 06:22 PM

Would you put the other caps back on if you had another one for the front?

lkfldredneck 12-20-2014 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 14915434)
I just find it funny they would paint the blue over(not the white) when there was no rust or dent work that needed to be done

Not sure, i think ill repaint it sometime in the future. havent decided on what color but im thinking all white.

Originally Posted by dixie460 (Post 14920196)
Looks good, I like the two tone paint. I don't like automatics either but it's what I got in my truck that had almost everything else I wanted. When it blows up I'm putting a 5 speed in. The only other thing mine had I didn't like was an electric-shift transfer case which took a dump, so I put in a manual case and manual hubs.

Good looking Shepherd you have too! I had one with almost the same markings. My now-ex wife claims he ran away while I was at work... not sure I believe that but whatever... nothing I can do about it cause I had lost animal reports filed everywhere and nothing ever came up.

I like it too but id rather the 2 tone with the dark color on the bottom and top then a lighter color in the middle. with 380k on the tranny i think it wont be too long till it goes but when it does im definitely putting a 5 speed in. i wish mine was 4x4 but sadly it isnt, i think ill swap a junkyard 44 in it some day, probably going to do so once i get the 5 speed.

And thanks! shes a great dog, turning 7 next year, weve had her since she was 6 months. and damn that sucks, id hate to lose my dog, if it was loyal like every other shepherd it would probably come back if it ran away

Originally Posted by LeoJr (Post 14920356)
Would you put the other caps back on if you had another one for the front?

Nope, hate them. and it only had the back two when i got it. i think the rusty floater looks better anyways haha

LeoJr 12-21-2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by lkfldredneck (Post 14923403)
Nope, hate them. and it only had the back two when i got it. i think the rusty floater looks better anyways haha

Funny! Sent ya a PM...

lkfldredneck 12-21-2014 11:43 AM

Bought myself a little bit of a christmas present from Warpspeedperformance.com

Bought one of their "fake" mufflers to get the provincials off my back for having straight pipe. Cant say sh1t for no muffler :-X06

Ill have pics once its on my doorstep hopefully in a week

Diesel_Brad 12-21-2014 04:08 PM

A turbo is a muffler

lkfldredneck 12-21-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 14925377)
A turbo is a muffler

Not really, it might muffle it a little bit