Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   Anyone use wrights diesel performance injecter kits (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1335256-anyone-use-wrights-diesel-performance-injecter-kits.html)

7.3 forever 09-09-2014 07:51 PM

Anyone use wrights diesel performance injecter kits

Okay I've seen a few adds for wright diesel performance and they seem lagit they will tell you the injectors ccs and everything they quoted me a stage one do it your self kit for 650 sound good or not I'm grate with machanicle skills so I'm pretty shure I can do it and thought I'd let everyone know about them

fordpride 09-09-2014 08:04 PM

I see a lot of there stuff on ebay. To me that say it's crap.

Look at Rosewood diesel website. Jim has a budget build for 500 plus any bad parts that you may have and they are flow tested.

tshrager 09-09-2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 7.3 forever (Post 14653094)
Okay I've seen a few adds for wright diesel performance and they seem lagit they will tell you the injectors ccs and everything they quoted me a stage one do it your self kit for 650 sound good or not I'm grate with machanicle skills so I'm pretty shure I can do it and thought I'd let everyone know about them

The consensus around here is it's not worth it to build your own. Most of these "kits" don't have everything you need and I'm willing to guess you don't have a flow bench to test your build to ensure that it was done properly. A premium stage 1 rebuild can be done for around 1200 IIRC from a reputable, professional shop. Albeit not exactly cheap insurance, it would be worth it to spend the extra coin up front. Just my personal feelings.

fordman67 09-09-2014 11:02 PM

Some things are diy . I like saving money when I can. There are people out there that do these diy kits.
I will save my money and have Jim do this properly for me. I'm not scared but I know this is a crucial deal and its worth it to have it done right.

quesey 09-10-2014 01:17 PM

I for 1 will recommend rosewood for injectors. He built me a set in 2010 and they are still trouble free. And ever since if I email him a question on anything related to these motors he has emailed me back the same day. Now that's customer service. And I can be a pain sometimes. but try not to bother him unless I'm stuck. And for what he charges for a rebuild you may as well do stage 1's and have them flowed tested. and this comes from a guy that's rebuilt a set of my own and I 'd like to think I'm pretty mechanically inclined!
John

DZL JIM 09-11-2014 06:02 AM

Watch out for the diy "kits" on eBay, they are nothing more than a bag of parts.
I was the only one to actually sell a complete kit with all the custom tools you need, a CD with over 40 color pictures and several documents of instructions and how to fix and machine them properly. Along with supplying quality parts.
Those "kits" use cheap parts (look at the middle o-rings, most are light Pink indicating made in China, they last 5k miles tops) and are sold by people who don't know that with these older injectors they are usually so worn that repairing them is no longer a DIY project.
If it was as simple as just swapping some parts, I would not have stopped selling my DIY kits well over 4 years ago.

Bottom line, you have a high chance of NOT succeeding.
But I am as hands on as anyone and even I would probably ignore my advice and give it a try. So if you do and it doesn't work out, have a Plan B in line.

...And DON'T try this 2 days before your scheduled family vacation! I bet I had dozens of calls from guys that messed them up and ruined their family summer plans because of it.